sunday iron sharpen iron

'ning

remaining not quite nippy, but gloomygrey

ride cafes laze bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Windy and wet today. Glad I squeezed in a ride yesterday.

Sep Kuss to be crowned and then it's Lombardy and another road season over.
    Time flies like sh*t and fruit flies like a banana.

Have you cleaned the local Boots outlet out of pregnancy testers @seanoconn ?
    We did. I was told I had a 1 in 100,000 chance of being a dad so when it happened, we spent a fair bit of money on the testing kits.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Slow start, especially for the hounds who will be roused shortly for a walk before the rain sets in

Afterwards is undecided.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Was stated by Sepp Kuss (29 this week) that his dad is 93. Unless he was spinning a yarn.

So there you are target set Mr SoC. Anyways congrats or commiss whichever feels more appropriate.

Gloomy grey again, at least is not hosing it down, for now.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    pinno said:

We did. I was told I had a 1 in 100,000 chance of being a dad so when it happened, we spent a fair bit of money on the testing kits.

Off the hook, no difficult decisions necessary thank god, not sure what we’d do tbh.

Vuelta was a disappointment in the end, shame Evenepoel could stay in the mix and spoil the boring Jumbo dominance.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Hard recce of my next race this morning around the Shropshire hills, now watching GP drinking chocolate milk before we have a long walk to a nice pub
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Off the hook, no difficult decisions necessary thank god, not sure what we’d do tbh.

Vuelta was a disappointment in the end, shame Evenepoel could stay in the mix and spoil the boring Jumbo dominance.
    I think a few of us were relieved on your behalf Seano. Don't like the idea of this elderly parent malarkey, especially as a lot of us will probably get dumped on for free childcare once the kids start dropping sprogs.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

I think a few of us were relieved on your behalf Seano. Don't like the idea of this elderly parent malarkey, especially as a lot of us will probably get dumped on for free childcare once the kids start dropping sprogs.
    You’re off the hook for babysitting, don’t worry.
  • seanoconn
    Had a row with an Italian cyclist in Richmond park this morning. Turning right out of the park, checked behind and gave the car at my rear plenty of notice I was turning right. As I pulled over to the right another cyclist overtook the car but had to check back as I was about to turn. Shouted at me I should look behind before turning, shouted back “I did you prick!” I don’t think the Italian could reply as both his hands when on the bars at the time.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Went for a walk with Mrs W this morning followed by a bike ride. Just finished the cheese on toast made for me by Mrs W when I got in, very nice it was too.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    edited September 2023
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed. Been finishing off the new TV shelves with the lad. All done apart from painting them. Wiring now tidier and space for some of my albums underneath now the horrible stand has gone.
    Wet out there, think that's going to continue all week looking at the forecast. Very tedious.
    Can imagine not having another is a relief Seano.
    seanoconn said:

Had a row with an Italian cyclist in Richmond park this morning.

Nothing to do with me.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Had a row with an Italian cyclist in Richmond park this morning. Turning right out of the park, checked behind and gave the car at my rear plenty of notice I was turning right. As I pulled over to the right another cyclist overtook the car but had to check back as I was about to turn. Shouted at me I should look behind before turning, shouted back “I did you censored !” I don’t think the Italian could reply as both his hands when on the bars at the time.

You should have said "Ah shaddap-a you face!"
  • seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Phew.

I'm not sure Evenepoel is a 3 week racer. At least not in his current team. I know he already won a Vuelta, but though he can maybe beat anyone on his day, if you randomly ship 10-20 mins on a bad day, you aren't going to win GC. Unless its all a massive bluff to muddy the waters ahead of his likely tdf debut next year.
  • orraloon
    OK, I come out as def a Kylie fanboi. The R2 in the Leicester Park set was brill.

Saw her in O2 in 2008 and at Proms in the Park 2012 and she is just so good and professional with excellent support performers.

Made me happy 😊
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

OK, I come out as def a Kylie fanboi. The R2 in the Leicester Park set was brill.

Saw her in O2 in 2008 and at Proms in the Park 2012 and she is just so good and professional with excellent support performers.

Made me happy 😊

She is at least 10 years younger than you. Perv.
  • pinno

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Phew.

I'm not sure Evenepoel is a 3 week racer. At least not in his current team. I know he already won a Vuelta, but though he can maybe beat anyone on his day, if you randomly ship 10-20 mins on a bad day, you aren't going to win GC. Unless its all a massive bluff to muddy the waters ahead of his likely tdf debut next year.
    That's a hard one to judge
    Bluff, no. TdF against Pogacar and Vingegaard/Jumbo Visma? No chance (at the moment). He does not have the explosivity on the climbs.
    There is no doubting his ability and there's no doubting that he can climb. He will get better. He is only 23.
    There is doubt in his mentality however. He suffers over determination and lacking patience.
    Lacking a team too - he may have to move away from a Belgian squad which may not sit well with him or the Belgian fans or the Belgian press.
    He won last year's Vuelta because Roglic crashed out on stage 17.
    There is no one on the planet that could have beaten JV. They even had the time to play internal politics. If Remco had pushed them all the way and JV had carte blanche in retaliation, then he would have been fighting 3 people.
    I don't think Remco was suffering that much physically on the day he shipped time. If he had, there's no way he could have come out the following day and done what he did - that's superman powers of recovery.
    I personally think he crumbled mentally on stage 13. I think he came to the realisation that he wasn't going to beat (whoever in JV) and decided that stage wins were more likely.
    If you think of the riders that are coming through at the moment, he will have to fight very hard to win GT's. Pogacar has at least 5 years as has Vingegaard. Roglic - who knows, he's 33. Perhaps another GT win was playing on his mind this year.
    I am sure JV fielded that team because of what happened to Roglic last year.

Just my twopence.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

Made me happy 😊

She's only a month or so younger than me

Unlike Vorederman
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

Made me happy 😊

What's the age difference between you and your OH?
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

Made me happy 😊

That's different.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

Made me happy 😊

That's different.
    As in more than Loon and Kylie? ;)
  • orraloon
    Here's us backstage

• pinno
    You look older in that pic 'Loon.