saturday with many multipole moments

'ning

not too nippy, no gilet required, nice and warm later

ride cafes vuelta catch-up laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Lovely and sunny here, though the foliage is starting to look a bit tired.

Doing stuff with mini today.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Yes indeedy. Though my Begonias are still adding colour.
    Wet all day yesterday.
    Weather willing, i'll jump on the winter bike. Sad in a way.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Decent lie in had. Will amuse the hounds soon then give Juniors car a quick wash and once over before she goes back to uni next week. Just need to finish my coffee...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Walk and run done, now packing up the car to take the eldest to uni 😢
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

What?! You're not sticking around to gate crash fresher party's?
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Which one is he off to?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Which one is he off to?
    IIRC; Liverpool.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Bike biked and now feeling a bit broken. I guess a week of the runs isn’t great for one’s fitness but I suppose a 4 hour ride without having to do a Dumolin is a small victory.
  • pinno
    What's the slug situation @webboo ?
    Have you tried salt - you know, the cheap winter stuff sprinkled around the garden?
  • webboo
    pinno said:

What's the slug situation @webboo ?
    Have you tried salt - you know, the cheap winter stuff sprinkled around the garden?

They have dramatically decreased especially the little ones although I still come across 3 or 4 large ( 4 inches) ones if I bother to look. Where before there was dozens of ones about half inch long. At the moment Mrs W is busy cutting everything back and moving plants around.
    So I’m leaving the slug issue to her and the Hedgehog that appeared in the garden last week.
  • Stevo_666
    edited September 2023
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Which one is he off to?
    IIRC; Liverpool.
    Yep, I remember now. Junior is self propelled these days and apparently doesn't need her bits of furniture for her new digs on The Wirral so won't be headed up there myself.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    When one thinks 'mmm yeah Leicester looks nice' 😳 or rather 😎 Watching Texas live singing Summer Suon when the indoor house temp is showing just 15C. Was actually thinking about firing up a stove. In mid September. Nah, put on an extra layer, eat some chillis and stop whingeing.
  • WSW facing kitchen temperature 26°C here according to the underfloor heating thermostat. I think the temperature breaks tomorrow.

I'm going to go and watch TV in the slightly cooler front room.
  • webboo
    It seems to going dark at 7 pm here and it’s only half way through September.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    webboo said:

Turn your clock back half an hour.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Last sunny warm day enjoyed. Front door removed this morning, shaved a bit off with a plane and now closes/locks nicely. BBQ this afternoon oh and Mrs seano thinks we might be pregnant, whoops!
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Last sunny warm day enjoyed. Front door removed this morning, shaved a bit off with a plane and now closes/locks nicely. BBQ this afternoon oh and Mrs seano thinks we might be pregnant, whoops!

'We'? Something you're not telling us Seano? :)
  • Stevo_666
    Anyhow, got a ride in earlier as the weather looks pants for the next few days. Now time for some Strictly avoidance... might watch the rest of Matrix Resurrections with a nice cold pint of tramp fuel.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Evening folks,
    Slowish start was enjoyed, this was followed by a bit of DIY with the lad. He's making some fancy shelves to replace the old TV stand we have. I offered to help in the full knowledge that all his cad drawings and theory would come unstuck when they came up against the Victorian idea of a right angle. Nearly done but he wanted to go and watch the rugby and I wanted to go to the pub. We'll finish up tomorrow.
    Congratulations Seano, I didn't think that would be the reason science wanted to investigate you.
    Good luck to elder junior TLW.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

'Congratulations' or 'oh hell' ?
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

webboo said:

Turn your clock back half an hour.
    What a good idea.
  • pinno

Evening folks,
    Slowish start was enjoyed, this was followed by a bit of DIY with the lad. He's making some fancy shelves to replace the old TV stand we have. I offered to help in the full knowledge that all his cad drawings and theory would come unstuck when they came up against the Victorian idea of a right angle. Nearly done but he wanted to go and watch the rugby and I wanted to go to the pub. We'll finish up tomorrow.
    Congratulations Seano, I didn't think that would be the reason science wanted to investigate you.
    Good luck to elder junior TLW.

Yes indeedy. PPP's bottom half is 400 years old. The top half and the utility room was built on in the early 1970's.
    Neither party knew what a right angle is.
  • seanoconn said:

Thinks? Might?

If you are though. Big congratulations. Pal of mine has a 6 month old - his first. He's 50 in November.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

'Congratulations' or 'oh hell' ?
    False alarm. Missus being overly dramatic about a delayed period.

Definitely ‘oh hell!’
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

Thinks? Might?

If you are though. Big congratulations. Pal of mine has a 6 month old - his first. He's 50 in November.
    Really don’t want to be running around little ones when I hit my 50’s.

First at 50!? How old is his partner?
  • seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

Thinks? Might?

Early to mid 30's I'd estimate. I've never asked. He lives with her and the kid on her father's compound in Kenya. He does what he's told.
  • pinno

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

Thinks? Might?

Early to mid 30's I'd estimate. I've never asked. He lives with her and the kid on her father's compound in Kenya. He does what he's told.
    In Kenya?! Care to elaborate? PM if necessary.