'ning

nippybright, warming up later

ride cafes, smidge of wfh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Morning lépidoptère

Wet. Meh. Day of not a lot. Tomorrow; a day of a bit more. Sunday; a day of who knows.
    Vuelta for 5 mins but i'll hope for a strong side wind so I shall tune in halfway through the stage just to see.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Chilled walk and reasonable run, work stuff, maybe another run and then either a swim and pub or just pub with pals
  • Eurgh...
    Long drive this afternoon followed by beer and fishing.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Good night out in London last night - cider and Thai food featured - although the pubs were predictably rammed as Thursday is the new Friday.

Speaking of Friday, too busy for my liking so far, but will chill later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    WFH, but busy of course. I somehow squeezed in a bit of time to attend to important things like coffee machine repairs. Nearly finished that now, just got a couple of bits to clean and then test it.
    Going to the pub with the wife and kids later to start the weekend the right way. This will not be preceded by a run or a swim because I'm not some kind of nutter. Well, not that kind anyway.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Back for another check in local eye clinic. Confirmed I can stop taking the appetite, taste and digestive system wrecking antibio tablets. The wee bacterial barstewards are all deid. Now got to wait (? knows how long) for the vitrectomy procedure to clean out the vision obscuring debris.

Hosing it down here today, v autumnal feel.

On drive back, I'm ok with short distances on familiar roads, I'm following this Audi SUV reg plate BU11FKR. Really? Closer look reveals it was actually PKR. Relax Mr Cow. Or can you?
  • Evening.

I went out last night in soho. Night time economy in central London looks to be booming.

Got there from work, and went to the station after on a hired e-bike instead of the tube. Lots of fun.

Home desk today.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    As Mrs W is having a bit of a sh!t time at work at the moment I suggested a trip to the North York moors. So we drove up there had lunch then we went for a walk followed by a quick amble round Pickering. Where for a moment I thought she was going to buy a Grandfather clock, however it had the wrong movement. So what was a very nice day didn’t turn in to a very nice expensive day. Not that it would have mattered.
    Anyhow it distracted Mrs W from ruminating about work and it stopped me from going down to her works and smacking someone.
    Now both quite chilled.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

Anyhow it distracted Mrs W from ruminating about work and it stopped me from going down to her works and smacking someone.
    Now both quite chilled.

Pity, 'cos that would have been a lot of fun.

• pinno
    oxoman said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

Now both quite chilled.

Pity, 'cos that would have been a lot of fun.

Would have sorted a few things out and created some as well. 🤔 maybe.
    The saying 'it's not how you get into the sh*t that matters, it's how you get out of it' is actually inviting.