RCC Membership

m.r.m.
m.r.m. Posts: 3,454
Is anyone here a member of the Rapha cycling club? Membership isn't worth it for me as I live far away from every single chapter. If someone here is a member could you order me this jersey (as it's on sale now) https://www.rapha.cc/de/de/shop/mens-rcc-pro-team-jersey/product/RPJ01XXDNY in XS and have it shipped to my address please? If the aero jersey is on sale I'd prefer that one, but doesn't seem to be (on sale).
I'd PayPal you the cost. PM me please. Thanks!
PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,584
    Im not but a lot of these end up on sale on eBay or Vinted fyi
  • m.r.m.
    edited September 2023
    Yeah I know, but they are usually priced higher than stock and if possible I'd prefer new & unused.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,659
    So where do we stand on the morality of wearing a club jersey without being in the club....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,445
    It's not a moral issue. But, frankly, who gives a toss?
  • I have drawn a line on Rapha… the penultimate item I bought was quite naff, but I kept it, the last one was dreadful, the cut was all wrong and the material unsuitable and I returned it.
    Of the jerseys I own, the one I bought in 2010 is still around and being used, the one I bought in 2020 is a couple of washes away from becoming a rag.
    Moral, beware of spending 110 pounds for something you will not be able to return
    left the forum March 2023
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,133
    ddraver said:

So where do we stand on the morality of wearing a club jersey without being in the club....

They're not really a club though, it's just a marketing gimmick. It's not like someone trying to get hold of a Kingston Wheelers top (although there's probably dozens of their ex-members still riding in those too).
  • m.r.m.
    ddraver said:

I haven't seen them as a club in the traditional sense. I pay for two local clubs I ride with.
  • m.r.m.

I have drawn a line on Rapha… the penultimate item I bought was quite naff, but I kept it, the last one was dreadful, the cut was all wrong and the material unsuitable and I returned it.
    Of the jerseys I own, the one I bought in 2010 is still around and being used, the one I bought in 2020 is a couple of washes away from becoming a rag.
    Moral, beware of spending 110 pounds for something you will not be able to return

I have a lot of Rapha stuff. I like their more adventurous designs in the pro team line (the basics are quite bland).

Le Col bibs are unbeatable in terms of price to performance with the Strava voucher stacking with their sales. But their jerseys are too long for me in XS, because my legs are so long and my torso so short for my overall length. The Rapha pro team stuff fits really well.
    I just purchased two Le Col pro bibshorts for 68€ each (225€ regular) compared to Rapha costing 208€ on sale (260€ reg) or Maap costing 190€ with a Strava voucher (250€ regular).
    Rapha and Maap jerseys fit me well and I've been mostly happy with the quality of the items I've had over the years.
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 505
    Le Col bibs are quality
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,951
    roscoe said:

Le Col bibs are quality

Thanks for reminding me that I had 2 pairs of shorts not seen in a while.
    In amongst a whole drawer of forgotten kit! 🤣
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • ddraver said:

They had TDF Yellow Jerseys on sale in my LBS at the end of July and I gave my (very disinterested) a lecture about why we couldn't buy it
  • m.r.m.
    Not comparable at all. I'm not trying to purchase the rainbow jersey. I'm looking to get a jersey that fits me and has the accent color that perfectly matches some brand new pink bib shorts (yes really 😛).
  • pblakeney
    There's a difference between jerseys you earn, and jerseys you buy.
    Nobody earns a RCC jersey.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pblakeney said:

That honestly makes it sound like some mystical item you have to pull out of a rock or be handed by a woman in a lake
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • pblakeney

pblakeney said:

That honestly makes it sound like some mystical item you have to pull out of a rock or be handed by a woman in a lake
    Makes what sound like a mystical item? The Yellow Jersey?
    Imo yes.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 505
    Le Col currently have 50% off bib shorts.

Just bought another 2 pairs and combined with a Strava code worked out pretty cheap
  • pblakeney said:

You think qualifying to be a dentist is easy?
  • pblakeney

pblakeney said:

Makes buying into RCC easy.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,770
    Just noticed that the minimum spend on the Le Col Strava code has increased from £100 to £125.
    Still good if you are after stuff specifically, but not so good at encouraging purchases for the sake of the code. I put some shorts in the basket, added a small item to take it over £100, but binned it off when I needed to spend even more.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • pblakeney
    I've noticed that my discount codes always seem to run out just before the sales.
    As much as I may like some new kit, I don't need any new kit. Basket deleted.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,597
    Still fairly decent I think. I got 2 bibs for £106, plus 5.95% TCB and 1% amex makes it £99 or so in the long run.

Not enough that you'd buy them for the sake of it but £50 for good bibs if they come up when you actually need some is fair enough.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,510
    Has anyone helped m.r.m out?
  • pangolin

I don't think anyone has admitted being in RCC
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,133
    pangolin said:

It's the sort of thing private messages are for! I thought it would have died alongside the 2010s cycling bubble.
  • pblakeney
    Pross said:

pangolin said:

It's the sort of thing private messages are for! I thought it would have died alongside the 2010s cycling bubble.
    It didn't exist until 2018, although that's a guess from memory.
    I see quite a lot on the road, but nobody I know personally.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • m.r.m.
    Unfortunately, I haven't received any private messages. The most that has come of this, is that some users got a heads up to the Le Col sale and it's discount stacking with the Strava vouchers. Which is also nice. 😊
  • pangolin
    m.r.m. said:

Unfortunately, I haven't received any private messages. The most that has come of this, is that some users got a heads up to the Le Col sale and it's discount stacking with the Strava vouchers. Which is also nice. 😊

They have some jerseys on sale if that helps ;)

https://lecol.cc/collections/archive-sale?gender=mens&product_category=jersey

- Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • m.r.m.
    No, but thanks. They are too long for me as I mentioned above. I use the Le Col bibs, but wear Rapha or Maap jerseys because they are cut shorter.
  • pangolin
    Ah sorry missed that comment
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,659

pblakeney said:

this deserved more love imo...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver