wednesday yadsendew

'ning

nippier, gloomier

ride cafes wfh hibernate
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    On the train into The Big Smoke, headed to our advisors first where a free Full English is on offer. I'm easily tempted. Then to the office for lots of meetings.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Morning extrait de cornichon

Sunny, very nippy. Must bring some plants in.
    Today chores and the usual run around.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Stevo_666 said:

On the train into The Big Smoke, headed to our advisors first where a free Full English is on offer. I'm easily tempted. Then to the office for lots of meetings.

If I ever need any serious tax evasion advice I know how to butter you up 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Blackmail is much more fun.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Early hound walk in the dark 😢

Nice by the end, but still rather cold for a hybrid commute with thistle (at least he had gloves on).

Later is return ride and probably a gentle run
  • Site meeting followed by more workywork.
    Not sure about later but need to pack for a weekend away.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Mitigation, please :) If you get the round in, that's another way.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    tlw1 said:

(at least he had gloves on)

A rare moment of sense from me.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Got 35 mins to wait for da next train dahn saff from that there Glesca.

Seen by high heid yin eye surgeon this morning. Some positive news in that condition now stable, I will have to have a residual debris extraction op but that will be 6-8 weeks away. So one working eye for extended period. The vitreous gel has separated from the retina so minimal risk of retinal damage in the clear out.

He told me that, given the series of events, I was lucky! Normal predicted outcome with this sort of infection is permanent loss of vision and probable eye removal. Do I feel lucky? Well do I?

Y'all queasy yet?

Need to recalibrate my life for next few months, e.g. really not comfortable about riding bikes with only 1/2 vision.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Hopefully finally over the galloping wild sh!tes that I’ve had since my return from foreign parts. I suspect it was something I ate on the ferry, I guess that will teach me not to send a dish back when eating in a restaurant. Managed a ride earlier which hasn’t led to a prolonged period sitting on the loo.
    Fingers and legs crossed for the rest of the day.
  • orraloon said:

Seen by high heid yin eye surgeon this morning. Some positive news in that condition now stable, I will have to have a residual debris extraction op but that will be 6-8 weeks away. So one working eye for extended period. The vitreous gel has separated from the retina so minimal risk of retinal damage in the clear out.

He told me that, given the series of events, I was lucky! Normal predicted outcome with this sort of infection is permanent loss of vision and probable eye removal. Do I feel lucky? Well do I?

Y'all queasy yet?

Need to recalibrate my life for next few months, e.g. really not comfortable about riding bikes with only 1/2 vision.

Ewww. Hope recovery continues well.
  • Day working at home today, there might be a certain bike race playing on my phone in the background.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Y'all queasy yet?

Sounds 'orrible. If it's any consolation an old uni mate of mine lost one eye to cancer and now has a glass eye, which is actually pretty hard to spot if you're not really looking for it and he still drives a car and rides a bike round Richmond Park.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Y'all queasy yet?

'Yet' ? I got queasy at the 'eye surgeon' bit.
  • orraloon
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Y'all queasy yet?

Sounds 'orrible. If it's any consolation an old uni mate of mine lost one eye to cancer and now has a glass eye, which is actually pretty hard to spot if you're not really looking for it and he still drives a car and rides a bike round Richmond Park.
    Respec' to him. It must take time and more time for one's brain to recalibrate from binocular vision to just having the one eye. My brain is in the wtf is going on so good eye is stressed. Getting more pirate patch motivated, stop all this open/close/open/what was that stress.

Got a planned Vlaanderen long weekender a-comin' soon. Brain/eye combo not retuned, for I do hope this temporary situation, so not at all confident about driving ~1k miles. #1 daughter offering to do the drive from The Valley so I could train it down. But but but how do I refill my empty Belgie beer cases? 🤔
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Y'all queasy yet?

Respec' to him. It must take time and more time for one's brain to recalibrate from binocular vision to just having the one eye. My brain is in the wtf is going on so good eye is stressed. Getting more pirate patch motivated, stop all this open/close/open/what was that stress.

Got a planned Vlaanderen long weekender a-comin' soon. Brain/eye combo not retuned, for I do hope this temporary situation, so not at all confident about driving ~1k miles. #1 daughter offering to do the drive from The Valley so I could train it down. But but but how do I refill my empty Belgie beer cases? 🤔
    My landlord (student digs) had one eye and used to cycle to and from work everyday. Plus he won the Sussex Open Snooker Tournament in the 70's with his one eye.
    But never mind that, things are improving by the sounds of it and in time...
  • orraloon
    Cheers guys ('n' gals 'n' ok stop that) I've had an education (I may have said effinL at one point) today and it does look I've been lucky. Respect to the local admins and consultant who chased me (I was at the trainee gardeners graduation) down on that first flashing red light day to get me back in for the immediate 'kin pass out painful treatments. Had that not happened I'd be minus 1 eye now.

Anyways, chill 😊
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Always room for you on the back of my tandem Mr O.

Next door neighbours son in law lost his sight in both eyes over a period of time, says he wouldn’t wish it on anyone but it’s not the worst thing to happen to him
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Evening folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice, cooler wobble in so I added a layer and was too hot as a result.
    There were 3 guys at work with only 1 eye each when I first started for the company. All of them driving and carrying on as normal. One of them knocked himself out sparko when he turned around in the roof space and hit the steel girder that was on his blind side, I heard the clang downstairs.
    Just been to the pub for beer and bollox, world put to rights.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Evening folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice, cooler wobble in so I added a layer and was too hot as a result.
    There were 3 guys at work with only 1 eye each when I first started for the company. All of them driving and carrying on as normal. One of them knocked himself out sparko when he turned around in the roof space and hit the steel girder that was on his blind side, I heard the clang downstairs.

Never seen a cyclops but to work with three! Pretty cool. Wonder if he knew he was going to hit the girder before it happened.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    seanoconn said:

Evening folks,

Never seen a cyclops but to work with three! Pretty cool. Wonder if he knew he was going to hit the girder before it happened.
    I think he was more surprised than the rest of us, or at least he was when he picked himself up off the floor a short while after.