'ning

temperature falling, cloudy, threat of rain later

ride, nip into gmc for cafe-based natter with chum, bail, wfh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,856
    Morning jus de réglisse

Yes indeedy; nippy but bright and calm here at least. Certainly autumnal.

School run soon... Next year they will both be on the bus and I will be freeeee ! (er)
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,962
    Not having a lot of luck with Mrs. 666 car, must be getting to that age where stuff goes wrong. Sat at the garage doing a few emails while they sort it. Still, managed to pick up a bacon sarnie from the cafe on the trading estate.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Desk driving whilst watching the rain outside.
    Is summer over?
    By now I'd be happily counting down the days to a skiing holiday but I'm not sure that's going to happen yet.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Still, managed to pick up a bacon sarnie from the cafe on the trading estate.

Just like being back in Redcar.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    Soaked on this mornings walk.

Work snizzle and a run later, basically bale avoidance
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,536
    No1 son becomes a teenager today! He’s promised he won’t become a moody grunting whatsit. Work avoidance, birthday meal and cake later.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

No1 son becomes a teenager today! He’s promised he won’t become a moody grunting whatsit. Work avoidance, birthday meal and cake later.

Good luck.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    seanoconn said:

Number 1 son didn’t become a grumpy grunting whatsit……. Whereas number 2 🤬🙄

Happy birthday to him
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Still, managed to pick up a bacon sarnie from the cafe on the trading estate.

Just like being back in Redcar.

No trading estates there, but there was a caff outside DHSS office.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Just show him this video clip, I'm sure he'll see the funny side.
    https://youtu.be/dLuEY6jN6gY?si=MsKFCL6Fb_zadOP2
  • pinno
    50k !
  • pinno
    A good ride was had despite the cool northerly.
  • seanoconn said:

Happy birthday! Mini is 13 at end Nov. She oscillates between moody and effervescent.
  • Managed a quick swim despite people being oblivious to the "fast lane" signs.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,036
    Quite a pleasant day in these parts, sunny just a few clouds no wind and not scorchio so did a shift on dig over prepping the next generation of garden beds, eating into the krappy grassy stuff.

Enjoyed having a squadron of Red Admirals nearby enjoying themselves nomming away on the flower pollens, with a few Tortoiseshell and whites joining in. At one point I counted 6 Admiral butterflies sitting on one plant. Lovely to see.

Need to get sorted for early start tomorrow, bus train train to get to the appt with the big boy consultants up in that there Glesca. Will take a just in case overnight bag but don't expect to get a 'right here right now' procedure.... but what do I know? 🤔
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Quite a pleasant day in these parts, sunny just a few clouds no wind and not scorchio so did a shift on dig over prepping the next generation of garden beds, eating into the krappy grassy stuff.

Enjoyed having a squadron of Red Admirals nearby enjoying themselves nomming away on the flower pollens, with a few Tortoiseshell and whites joining in. At one point I counted 6 Admiral butterflies sitting on one plant. Lovely to see.

Need to get sorted for early start tomorrow, bus train train to get to the appt with the big boy consultants up in that there Glesca. Will take a just in case overnight bag but don't expect to get a 'right here right now' procedure.... but what do I know? 🤔

Not watching the Scotland game to chill out? ;)
  • Stevo_666
    edited September 2023
    oxoman said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Not watching the Scotland game to chill out? ;)
    Did watch the match to see jockland get spanked fair and square
    FTFY.

A one legged man in an ar$e kicking contest had more chance of winning than Scotland :smiley: