saturday as the pineapples burble in the sun

'ning

more sunnywarm

rife cafes bask laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Chilled start as we are in the camper van where a ferkin ultra starts and finishes today, talking to the organiser I think I could have done really well too ๐Ÿคฌ

Recce in the Shropshire hills for my next race followed by a late lunch with friends and pub later
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Up too early for a Saturday but Mrs. 666 and junior are making an early trip into town so I'm chilling with the hounds. Bit of flat pack assembly later on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Morning Ecornifleurs

Foggy.
    Will pedal when the fog lifts.
    More Vuelta later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno said:

Morning Ecornifleurs

More Vuelta later.

Tuned in for the first time yesterday. Jumbo V really are very strong indeed. Do the 2 GTs in a year chasers let their tame mountain goat win?

Scores of noisy barstewards shouting in their horrible nasal, glottal-stop-loaded way whilst bowling. Might lob a couple of bottles, or go out somewhere instead.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning folks,
    Early start for me on a Saturday, currently sat in the car at the back of Guy's Hospital waiting for Syrian dentist chappy to help him move to the old dear's.
    This confirms that I don't like driving in London.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Finished the flat pack assembly early and sneaked in a bit of heat training on the bike. Feet up soon for the England game.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Currently melting while drinking my free Amazon Cognac. My few reviews on Amazon seemed to please some algorithm and now I get free Sh!t if I leave an honest review. Front door glazing repaired, +2 manly points and extra naughty time with Mrs Seano.
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • veronese68
    seanoconn said:

+2 manly points and extra naughty time with Mrs Seano.

Just don't tell her you don't know how to turn on the aircon
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

+2 manly points and extra naughty time with Mrs Seano.

Just don't tell her you don't know how to turn on the aircon
    + 2 sweet, silly adorable points. Even the mighty are fallible.
  • seanoconn said:

Currently melting while drinking my free Amazon Cognac. My few reviews on Amazon seemed to please some algorithm and now I get free Sh!t if I leave an honest review. Front door glazing repaired, +2 manly points and extra naughty time with Mrs Seano.

I replaced the fcuked lock, I got a sarcastic "well done". ๐Ÿ˜”
  • veronese68
    I've got a long list of things to fix, a new one just jumped to the top.
    Pub landlord has asked me to build up a bike that's been delivered in a box for his son. Offered to pay me, I said no need but you can buy me a pint. He said I'll get you pissed then ๐Ÿคฃ
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

Did you forget to mention how much a locksmith would cost, how terribly difficult it is to change a lock (๐Ÿคซ not really) and how fortunate Mrs Beans is to have such a skilled husband?
  • seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

Did you forget to mention how much a locksmith would cost, how terribly difficult it is to change a lock (๐Ÿคซ not really) and how fortunate Mrs Beans is to have such a skilled husband?
    She's 170 miles away, having fun with her pal. I'll just not cut her a key.

Me and mini about to tuck into a big old steak.
  • pinno

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

She's 170 miles away, having fun with her pal. I'll just not cut her a key.

Me and mini about to tuck into a big old steak.
    You're tirrible Muriel.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

This sort of thing doesn't work with Mrs P.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    Back home now. 2 hours to get off the ferry,now thatโ€™s a nice surprise. I wouldnโ€™t mind but they werenโ€™t even checking to see whether anyone had the odd Afghanistani hidden away with the 30 litres of Pastis. Mind itโ€™s only 30 minutes home from the ferry. Managed a bike ride after we had unpacked everything.
    Now just checking the random wine selection we brought home is drinkable.
  • Jeebus. 30l of pastis. I think I've drunk 300ml in 49 years on earth and I like aniseed flavoured booze.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    edited September 2023
    Maybe I should have put one of these after the 30 litres๐Ÿคฃ I was trying to make the point that all they were doing was checking passports and it took 2 hours to get off.
    Mind the Pastis was on offer for 13 euros a litre in Carrefour. Itโ€™s 20 quid for 750ml in the UK.