friday you see reverberation, in your latest incarnation

'ning

sunnywarm continues

ride cafes bask laze, eschewing gmc stuff today
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    No run this morning as very tired legs, so hounds will get a longer walk.

Work meh and probably off in the camper
  • Moaning

Foggy ‘n cool this morning

Expect this to burn off and become pleasant. WFW today, last day of the week so the chippy is on the cards. Beer and darts later. Looking forward to a ride this weekend
  • Working from home for a few hours in peace then back to work for the rest of the day.
    Apparently we're not dringing tonight as it's an early start for a morning ride.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Morning Jets d'eau ambulants

Slightly misty but looking good and looking promising.

I think you need to less dringing HD.

A bit of stuff to do and a few errands and then Porker tinkering.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Did you see that Daniel Khalife bloke on your velo based travels this morning SG?
    In a bush or something?
  • tlw1

Apparently we're not dringing tonight as it's an early start for a morning ride.

Don’t understand? 😂
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    edited September 2023
    pinno said:

Did you see that Daniel Khalife bloke on your velo based travels this morning SG?
    In a bush or something?

not unless he was one of the shambling zombies getting in my way most of the way back

probably in richmond park eating baby venison raw with a coulis of nettles
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

In a bush or something?

not unless he was one of the shambling zombies getting in my way most of the way back

Nah, he doesn't look up to it.
    All they have to do is man the bins at the back of Waitrose.
  • tlw1 said:

Don’t understand? 😂
    It's a strange one, I'll give you that.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning foks,
    WFH as usual for a Friday to facilitate early pub arrival. Hoping for a quieter day as well. Lad has taken the train to work this morning, he was tired after wobbling to and from yesterday. I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact he got home at about 11 having met his mates for a drink after work.
    sungod said:

pinno said:

In a bush or something?

We could hear the helicopters searching the park for him last night. Apparently this is the flight path taken, our house is around the red cross at the bottom.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    pinno said:

Porker tinkering.

Is that a euphemism?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Good sleep after yesterdays pedal and apple based refreshment. Working from cave again and hoping it doesn't get too hot in here later on. Strifey has some more flat pack assembly lined up for me so may need to be busy doing work stuff :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    pinno said:

In a bush or something?

Used to live in Wandsworth and used to pass the prison regularly. I was under the impression that the only previous escape was Ronnie Biggs in 1965, but on closer investigation there was a break in 2019. They obviously like to keep them quiet when possible.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Numpty No2 boy managed to snap his key in the front door! So my Saturday will be spent repairing the glass I broke in the front door and replacing the lock, which was admittedly dodgy but not key snapping dodgy. Grrrr. Time for brain numbing, soothing, ice cold booze.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Coincidentally, my lock bust yesterday too. Luckily no glass smashing required.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Another eye check, some signs of clear vitreous gel in front of the wedge of bacterial debris right on top of the retina, the junk that's blocking the vision. A little positive sign. 🤞 And now got another appt next week with the big boy consultants up in that there Glesca, which may / may not result in a drainage extraction...

Had couple trips over to the bigger toon today, took advantage of Wickes' reduced price offers on top up loft insulation rolls. An estate car comes in handy.

Just done some basic arithmetic on (consumer) costs vs that quote I got from suspected chancer. Using retail material costs rather than trade, still works out like punter wants £1,200 to lay ~ 100 sq m of insulation rolls. F Off!
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Another eye check, some signs of clear vitreous gel in front of the wedge of bacterial debris right on top of the retina, the junk that's blocking the vision. A little positive sign. 🤞 And now got another appt next week with the big boy consultants up in that there Glesca, which may / may not result in a drainage extraction...

Had couple trips over to the bigger toon today, took advantage of Wickes' reduced price offers on top up loft insulation rolls. An estate car comes in handy.

Just done some basic arithmetic on (consumer) costs vs that quote I got from suspected chancer. Using retail material costs rather than trade, still works out like punter wants £1,200 to lay ~ 100 sq m of insulation rolls. F Off!

DIY. It's not difficult.
  • orraloon
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

DIY. It's not difficult.
    Aye. Is the plan. 77.5 sq m of 170mm top up insulation currently stashed in house. But I'm not going into that loft in these temps 😎
  • orraloon
    Anyways, cooling down now out front watching the sun drop westwards, the hazy mist form over the valley with the temps dropping and the swallows being really active, getting buzzed regularly. Enjoy your trip dahn saff guys 'n' gals. Chilled. 👍
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

DIY. It's not difficult.
    Aye. Is the plan. 77.5 sq m of 170mm top up insulation currently stashed in house. But I'm not going into that loft in these temps 😎
    Yeah - go with the beams first layer then across but don't stick your foot through the ceiling and get masked up. That stuff is 'orrible.
    Make sure there are caps over downlights.
  • tlw1

Coincidentally, my lock bust yesterday too. Luckily no glass smashing required.

This would be us, thankfully the kids always leave by random doors, so there is always an open one somewhere 🙄