ride cafes wfh bask laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Meh, tired
  • Moaning

Hazy cool

WAFH again, warmth is forecast is arrive shortly, still working indoors though. Home at some point tonight so a short ride and a pub visit is on the menu
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Morning crétins de l'Himalaya

Gorgeous start to the day.
    Video call today which has seriously compromised cycling time so i'll probably pedal later.
    More Vuelta though dull if the breakaway doesn't succeed perhaps.
    Friday's stage has an odd starting point:

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    tlw1 said:

Meh, tired

How do we twist your arm to get you down/across for London drinks? Stevo’s got a spare bedroom.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    How's that eye @orraloon ?
  • seanoconn
    @webboo Oi, no slacking, come back.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Morning peeps, dark and misty when I set off from the shires - bit spooky but seems our valley has its own little microclimate. Good ride in helped by a bit of luck with the traffic lights: looks like another scorcher today so a nice sweaty ride home beckons.

Onwards to tax mitigation...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    seanoconn said:

I thought you were allowed time off for holidays.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Meh, tired

How do we twist your arm to get you down/across for London drinks? Stevo’s got a spare bedroom.
    Sounds like a plan
  • seanoconn
    webboo said:

seanoconn said:

I thought you were allowed time off for holidays.
    Welcome back 🎉 🥳 Only if the holiday was super exciting.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Well it started out with rain and a forecast that said it wasn’t going to change for 2 weeks. Then suddenly it got hot and hotter and I found out 4 and half hours on the bike with 4,800 ft of climbing isn’t advisable in 30 degree plus heat.
    So I replaced the cycling with a lot of lounging and drinking.
    Currently its like this
    Which has left me in a right lather just putting my bike in the bike bag.
  • seanoconn
    webboo said:

Well it started out with rain and a forecast that said it wasn’t going to change for 2 weeks. Then suddenly it got hot and hotter and I found out 4 and half hours on the bike with 4,800 ft of climbing isn’t advisable in 30 degree plus heat.
    So I replaced the cycling with a lot of lounging and drinking.
    Currently its like this
    Which has left me in a right lather just putting my bike in the bike bag.

Ooh, lovely. 30 degree plus, lounging and drinking is the only sensible option 👍
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    pinno said:

How's that eye @orraloon ?

Still as jeffed as has been past 3 weeks. Local clinic recheck tomorrow, but frustratingly seems like admin disconnections between there and Glesca, supposed to have been summoned back for the clean out procedure but zero comms with me. And on it goes.

More frustration with quotes for The Project stuff. Some gadgies are trying it on.
  • Thread title is randomly appropriate today as a load of Saharan dust has landed on cars around here, it even made the news.
    Chaos continues. Might go for a stroll later past several pubs and no doubt visit none of them.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    watching ToB and Vuelta. Might try a very gentle pedal later. Covid positive test on Tuesday so not feeling overly happy
  • seanoconn
    phil485 said:

watching ToB and Vuelta. Might try a very gentle pedal later. Covid positive test on Tuesday so not feeling overly happy

Summer covid sucks but at least there’s something on telly 👍
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Evening folks,
    Another day in the orifice, no wobble unfortunately. Luckily I know how to operate the aircon in the car as it was showing 34'C outside temperature.
    Interesting day, just myself and the beautiful assistant. MD and HR lady spoke to both of us separately. Tried to convince her to stay and asking about Tuesdays carry on. I was congratulated by HR for standing up for the team and was told I'd done the right thing. MD asked me not to do anything without talking to him first, we had a pretty frank discussion and he's escalating to our American overlords. Let's see if anything happens.
    Looks glorious Webboo, I would bother packing the bike and coming back.
    So we don't need to tell TLW about the London ultra marathon with cider served at refreshment stops.
  • V68 has me on a reggae tip. Subwoofer in effect. Rear doors open. Hopefully pissing the bowlers off rather than vice versa.

New glasses.

Realised I've not been on my bike since I had that covid. Must remedy. Finally feel healthy, if unfit.
  • pinno

So we don't need to tell TLW about the London ultra marathon with cider served at refreshment stops.

He probably sniffed that out months ago.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Now rehydrating after a bit of a sweaty pedal.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Well yesterdays walk turned out well, approximatly 1/2 a mile to the pub for a few pints of Pravha.
    Advocate of disc brakes.