wednesday with a fried duck egg on top

'ning

sunnywarm continues

ride, cafe stop for brekkie at colbert in celebration of weather, ride, visit, ride, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Early start at work, 6.30 in the workshop and 7.30 at the desk.

May ride tonight if all my ability to stay awake doesn't evaporate into the heat of mid day.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Morning les coloquintes à la graisse de hérisson

Bit of a dull start but warm nonetheless.

Bundled DWT into the disabled transport today for 8am pick (wahey) but having got up 45 mins earlier than usual, she was one grumpy bunny. Hope the bus driver survived the hard stare.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Hounds walked longer to avoid taking them out in the heat. Run been done but another one later with pals followed by the pub
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    edited September 2023
    Dropped the wife's car off first thing at the garage (again) for them to take another look at her iffy air con, which she probably needs in this weather. Got back home in a courtesy car - the air con doesn't work in that either :|

Otherwise work from cave. The new microwave and the stand for turned up today so may assemble the latter later on. The excitement is killing me...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Dropped the wife's car off first thing at the garage (again) for them to take another look at her iffy air con, which she probably needs in this weather. Got back home in a courtesy car - the air con doesn't work in that either :|

Otherwise work from cave. The new microwave and the stand for turned up today so may assemble the latter later on. The excitement is killing me...

It's killing us.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Stevo_666 said:

Took me weeks to realise my air con wasn’t broken, just turned off and then another suspicion that it might be faulty last weekend when it wasn’t blowing very hard, turned out I had it set to blow at feet.

I didn’t realise what an achievement it must be every morning to tie my own shoelaces 😎
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Slack start. Mooched about, made coffee, then out on taxi duty for a few hours.

Home and back to mooching.

Busy day... not.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    traditional colbert brekkie of steak haché, avec un œuf de canard, des toasts au levain et un citron pressé (sans sucre bien sûr)

sun a bit hazy now, time for a cafe stroll
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Took me weeks to realise my air con wasn’t broken, just turned off and then another suspicion that it might be faulty last weekend when it wasn’t blowing very hard, turned out I had it set to blow at feet.

I didn’t realise what an achievement it must be every morning to tie my own shoelaces 😎
    The little orange light on the aircon is still illuminated, but the fact that it went from freezing my face off when I collected the car to not working the next day suggests its a leak.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

It's killing us.
    You've got competition :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day of fun in the orifice, nothing has kicked off yet at any rate so an improvement on yesterday. Another warm wobble in at least, should be a sweaty ride back as well.
    I must confess I seem to have misjudged some people on here. I thought Seano had a certain amount of technical knowledge as I'm sure he said he does a lot of the work on his own car. Stevo on the other hand paid attention at school so he wouldn't have to get his hands dirty. Yet he's the one that know how to tell if his air con is on or off and how to change from one to the other. Do you know how to change the direction from face to feet or windscreen? Or for the really technical, combinations of one or more.
    I suspect the air con will be broken for my wobble home this evening. Might extend it a little just because I can. Should be out for a beer later as it's Wednesday.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Just realised my new stand up desk is still working over 24 hours after I put it together 😳
  • Stevo_666

I must confess I seem to have misjudged some people on here. I thought Seano had a certain amount of technical knowledge as I'm sure he said he does a lot of the work on his own car. Stevo on the other hand paid attention at school so he wouldn't have to get his hands dirty. Yet he's the one that know how to tell if his air con is on or off and how to change from one to the other. Do you know how to change the direction from face to feet or windscreen? Or for the really technical, combinations of one or more.

Do I get bonus points for knowing that as well? Spoke to the garage just now: I was right, they found another leak up near the bulkhead and have another part on order so we get to keep the courtesy car till Friday morning when I go get ours back.

Just call me Stevo 'techy genius' 666 :smiley:
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Do I get bonus points for knowing that as well? ...
    I think that means it's Seano's round when we go for a beer, should do that soon then.
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Just realised my new stand up desk is still working over 24 hours after I put it together 😳

Surprised you haven't bolted it to a treadmill.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

I think that means it's Seano's round when we go for a beer, should do that soon then.
    Yep, he buys the beers and I tell him how to press the air con switch :smile: Fancy sorting something up in town?
  • WAFH today and tomorrow, early start and not fully organised so didn't post earlier.

Foggy start til around 10 then lovely, pity I'm working indoors

As I'm away it'll be no riding as no cycle, however curry and beer tonight down the road :)
  • pinno

WAFH today and tomorrow, early start and not fully organised so didn't post earlier.

As I'm away it'll be no riding as no cycle, however curry and beer tonight down the road :)

Curry and 6 pints and then pretend to cycle home.
    You could even have a bicycle bell.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Reminds me of this from Viz for some reason.
    https://youtu.be/JkSPfxT3WrI?si=NOIiZL60ojkW3qQ_
    Which also reminds me of someone in Cake Stop.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Wednesday volunteer NTS garden sesh with a fried head on top. Jings that got hot. Spent morning and a bit of pm in the walled garden, which gets warmer anyway, in the full sun weeding out vege beds... until we got pulled into the shade for elf 'n' safety innit.

And yes I'm dehydrated. Now what can I do to fix that? 🤔

Good to get back out doing stuff, even with still just the one working eye, rather than moping about at home.
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Yep, he buys the beers and I tell him how to press the air con switch :smile: Fancy sorting something up in town?
    Yes, what days suit people?
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Yes, what days suit people?
    My office days vary but I tend to be in town Mondays and Thursdays more often.
  • Mon Tues Weds for me usually, though can swap one of those for a Thurs easily enough. I'm near London Bridge & therefore the delights of Borough Market.

• Nice ride out this evening.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno said:

WAFH today and tomorrow, early start and not fully organised so didn't post earlier.

Curry and 6 pints and then pretend to cycle home.
    HaHa

We're you wathching me p? more less correct call there

Can't beat an eight course meal hic,

the bicycle does indeed have a bell, even though I don't have it with me ;)

HD very nice indeed, no jealousy really, I wish :D
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Stevo_666 said:

Eh!!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Eh!!
    Yeah Seano, it's not on really. You should be classed as a charity and get bought lots of beer.