monday time to be moving, moves to be timing

'ning

a few days of sunnywarm, may fit in a bask or several, though the uv index is poor

ride cafes wfh/bask laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,374
    Morning les cannibales

Foggy.
    Sun starting to break through.
    Routine bloods today plus fasting lipids so nuffink for me except an Earl Grey tea.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,559
    some mistiness at the summit of london, normal traffic is back

time for second cafe of the day
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573
    Started misty here but the sun has already sorted that. Looks like it will hit Sungod type temperatures later. Need to fit in a quick tip up run at lunchtime as was out cycling yesterday.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,030
    edited September 2023
    Glorious ride up the vale of Cragg this morning, as nice a day as I can remember.

Might go for a walk tonight.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    Walked this morning and will probably ride and run later
  • pinno
    Had fasting Lipid/triglyceride test then promptly had cake and coffee to celebrate.

Then pedalled it off. Perfect day for it. 5 star jolly. Legs felt good despite dodgy back.
  • pinno

• Warm but quite windy day, still very nice. Finished loading the ute and did the tip run, finally got that mess cleared away.

A few other errands while out and about.

Day off tomorrow for sure, which means weather will deteriorate no doubt.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,336
    Far too nice out there for me to be sat in the orifice. Pleasant wobble in, although traffic back to normal as SG said. Lots of people out in the park as I rode through.
    Lad started his job this morning, been sat here wondering how he's getting on most of the day. Funny how you worry more about the kids than you do about yourself. Hardly a kid, he'll be 25 this month but it's his first proper career type job.
    Just had a very nice sandwich made by the lad last night. Offered to make it for me as he was preparing his. Roast vegetables with chilli sauce, a little hotter than I would have done, but very nice all the same.
    Should probably enjoy some longer rides home this week whilst the weather is nice.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,696
    I like September. The sunshine and the warmth is back. Currently sitting out front enjoying a coldie or 2 and the views and soon to have a bite of (mainly home grown bar the meat component) nosh.

It was September 2 years ago when I had my 2nd stay in the now home town and the sun was scorchio then, 29C and dehydrated on a cracking gravel ride. A night then of drinking beers in the hotel bar and nothing ever came out...
  • orraloon said:

I like September. The sunshine and the warmth is back. Currently sitting out front enjoying a coldie or 2 and the views and soon to have a bite of (mainly home grown bar the meat component) nosh.

It was September 2 years ago when I had my 2nd stay in the now home town and the sun was scorchio then, 29C and dehydrated on a cracking gravel ride. A night then of drinking beers in the hotel bar and nothing ever came out...

September is the finest of months, along with May.

Great that you're loving the now home town! Except for the eye rubbish.

Work day, enlivened by summer clothing.