friday una went to find a parachute before they reached windermere

'ning

not quite as nippy

ride if dry, cafes, smidge of wfh, much lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Moaning,

Wet!

WFW last day of the week, chippy is closed this week so have to find another. Beers tonight no doubt...
  • Early start at work as much to do. When will this end???
    Hunt for another minion is on due to a time wasting little turd.
    Plan a ride later, followed by some Indian food and a hot tub session (bubbles unrelated to the food).
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,428

Moaning,

Wet!

WFW last day of the week, chippy is closed this week so have to find another. Beers tonight no doubt...

Chippy closed on a Friday! Sacrilege!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn

Early start at work as much to do. When will this end???
    Hunt for another minion is on due to a time wasting little censored .
    Plan a ride later, followed by some Indian food and a hot tub session (bubbles unrelated to the food).

What op are you waiting for HD? Knee? You can still cycle and get about ok at present?
  • seanoconn
    Work drinks last night but managed to wobble in this morning.

Dropped my handle bars a few mm’s on my last ride and felt horrible. Forgot to change it back before riding in this morning and felt good 🤷‍♂️ How long to give a change of position?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    Walk and run enjoyed, now work snizzle.

Later is the pub and maybe another run if I get the time
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,373
    seanoconn said:

Work drinks last night but managed to wobble in this morning.

Dropped my handle bars a few mm’s on my last ride and felt horrible. Forgot to change it back before riding in this morning and felt good 🤷‍♂️ How long to give a change of position?

Do changes in very small increments.
    Stretch a lot.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    edited September 2023
    Morning Jets d'eau ambulants

Bit grey. Forecast from tomorrow is looking A1.
    One man needs to mow, needs to mow a meadow...
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Still have your ride on mower?
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Rocky Rocket: RIP (Rust in peace*).
    Could no longer get spares and so couldn't replace the cutting blade spindle (for example) for love nor money. Some bright spark shifted all the old micro-fiche parts list over to CD-Rom and then to online data bases, wait for it... from 1985 onwards. RR was a 1984 model and despite having the serial number, it made no difference. Ironically, there is such a huge cross over with other models but the number of spindle variants is huge. The catalogue is as big as an old London Yellow pages.

RR has a sought after chassis and gearbox for the racing mower boys. Just got to get my @rse into gear and take off the wonderful Honda engine and get it listed.

My 'new' MTD Yardman 603 series with variable transmission is a peach (after fixing it) but I spend 40 mins on the thing and 90 mins strimming. It's a big garden.

*It's not actually very rusty at all. Years of a shyty Briggs & Stratton engines kept it covered in oil!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573

Moaning,

Wet!

Thought you were up North CC ,where chippys are legally required to be open 365 days a year? And serve chips 'n' gravy, scraps and mushies.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Train strike so WFC. A bit moist out there, but don't need to go far. Possible pub trip later with the local crowd.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • All this talk of fish and chips means I'll be going to the chippy later. 😋

That's after walking up a hill, then round a bit, then down and along the beach, then back through the woods. No rush, just enjoy the fresh air and the views.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Could no longer get spares and so couldn't replace the cutting blade spindle (for example) for love nor money. Some bright spark shifted all the old micro-fiche parts list over to CD-Rom and then to online data bases, wait for it... from 1985 onwards. RR was a 1984 model and despite having the serial number, it made no difference. Ironically, there is such a huge cross over with other models but the number of spindle variants is huge. The catalogue is as big as an old London Yellow pages.

RR has a sought after chassis and gearbox for the racing mower boys. Just got to get my @rse into gear and take off the wonderful Honda engine and get it listed.

My 'new' MTD Yardman 603 series with variable transmission is a peach (after fixing it) but I spend 40 mins on the thing and 90 mins strimming. It's a big garden.

*It's not actually very rusty at all. Years of a shyty Briggs & Stratton engines kept it covered in oil!
    Do you have a collection box for the yardman? My experience with a ride on Toro was if the grass was slightly moist you could forget about collecting anything, it would block up straight away.
  • pinno
    Can someone please explain to me the lure of the chippy please?
    To me it's foul.
  • seanoconn

All this talk of fish and chips means I'll be going to the chippy later. 😋

That's after walking up a hill, then round a bit, then down and along the beach, then back through the woods. No rush, just enjoy the fresh air and the views.

Not to piddle on your chips (well, maybe slightly 👿) but Cod and chips is in the region of 860 calories 😃👍
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,696
    Always preferred haddock to cod in a fish supper. Which I v. rarely have, maybe increased to twice per year now that I have the 'award winning' chippie dahn tahn.

Latest bad eye check over sesh this afternoon, recovery seems v slow, which I had been warned about.

Gone a bit grey and mizzly so a pause on the hedge trimming etc. But forecast looking 🌞 from tomorrow on.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

To me it's foul.

You need to experience a good Northern chippy, especially ones on the coast. I lived 100 yards or so down the road from one when I was a kid and Fridays were good :)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,559
    pinno said:

To me it's foul.

yep, decades of experience shows pretty much always soggy chips, often undercooked

vive les frites
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Not to piddle on your chips (well, maybe slightly 👿) but Cod and chips is in the region of 860 calories 😃👍
    Sounds like he needs a chicken parmo instead. Go big or go home, calorie-wise >:)
  • seanoconn said:

I had muesli for breakfast, I'll have a boring sandwich and an apple for lunch shortly, take some nuts in case I get peckish out walking (estimated 3 hours with one steep climb), then go to the chippy. I'll be OK calorie-wise.
  • pinno said:

To me it's foul.

Foul? Seems harsh. Depends on the chippy, but cooked-to-order flaky meaty fresh cod in crisp hot batter, with hot chips sprinkled with malt vinegar is delicious. Tartare sauce and mushy peas on the side.

I never really liked it when growing up in Cov - soggy chips and stale fish (I spent a summer working in a chippy), but once I had a good fish supper it all became clear.

It's pretty expensive now mind you.
  • sungod said:

pinno said:

To me it's foul.

yep, decades of experience shows pretty much always soggy chips, often undercooked

vive les frites
    Frites avec moules, ou steak frites.

There's room for chips and frites. Maybe not on the same plate.
  • seanoconn said:

Early start at work as much to do. When will this end???
    Hunt for another minion is on due to a time wasting little censored .

What op are you waiting for HD? Knee? You can still cycle and get about ok at present?
    I crashed skiing in March and was told I'd strained my MCL however the follow up MRI results say I've fully ruptured my ACL, sprained the MCL and have torn cartilage.

At the moment it isn't giving my any problems apart from the odd twinge and popping sensation but I'm due for a full reconstruction in the next few weeks.

I'm able to cycle at a decent pace and walking is fine, I just can't run.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno said:

To me it's foul.

The smell always gets me as I'm walking/cycling/running past one, then I want one.

I very rarely eat a chippy but when I do I'm generally disappointed, especially by the fish.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,559
    orraloon said:

Always preferred haddock to cod in a fish supper. Which I v. rarely have, maybe increased to twice per year now that I have the 'award winning' chippie dahn tahn.

Latest bad eye check over sesh this afternoon, recovery seems v slow, which I had been warned about.

Gone a bit grey and mizzly so a pause on the hedge trimming etc. But forecast looking 🌞 from tomorrow on.

think it was 5-6 years ago i developed posterior vitreous detachment in one eye, even now i still get floaters and sometimes flashes or a blurry bit as it continues to change, but most of the time i'm not aware

i think anything in there takes ages as the vitreous doesn't get naturally replaced/repaired, but it's better to wait it out than the process (and associated risks) of removing it and substituting with whatever is used instead
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Do you have a collection box for the yardman? My experience with a ride on Toro was if the grass was slightly moist you could forget about collecting anything, it would block up straight away.
    I do but the Yardman has a fan bolted to the blade and this helps but not if the grass is too soggy. Woe he who does not disengage the blade before removing the grass box.
    It rained anyway so that'll be it till Sunday 'cos tomorrow on the first day of the second mild heat wave, i'm pedalling.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,336
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day of WFH, at least I didn't get wet on the commute. Lad is home which means I had a very nice french toast cooked for me at lunchtime. Don't get that sort of service in the orifice.

I crashed skiing in March and was told I'd strained my MCL however the follow up MRI results say I've fully ruptured my ACL, sprained the MCL and have torn cartilage.

At the moment it isn't giving my any problems apart from the odd twinge and popping sensation but I'm due for a full reconstruction in the next few weeks.

I'm able to cycle at a decent pace and walking is fine, I just can't run.

Beautiful assistant's girlfriend did similar a couple of months ago, she has only just started being able to bend it, still can't put any weight on it and is hobbling about on crutches. She's in her late 20s and quite fit. Am I being harsh if I say I suspect there's an element of princess syndrome and she needs to try a bit harder? Another girl at work is in the same house and definitely thinks that's the case. Tried to tell the BA that she needs to tell her to do the exercises the physio has given her whilst she waits for surgery, but keep being told it's too painful and she can't move it.

Hoep the eye recovers quicker than expected 'loon, although I suspect it's a forlorn hope.
  • Red sea at night. Fish was delicious.

• Stevo_666

Red sea at night. Fish was delicious.

Double like for the pic and the fish consumption.