thursday as we dance the entropy tango

'ning

looks like there may be some sogginess

cafe stroll wfh laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Moaning,

Bright and clear now the sun has risen. Dew expected to disappear shortly.

WFW as usual today, not expecting any dramas. Had a visit from the PF :/ that’s twice in a week better get on and mend it…

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,373
    Morning les amirals de la bateau-lavoir

Ooh nice morning though slightly autumnal with a heavy dew.
    Will pedal then catch up on Vuelta. Missed it yesterday.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573
    Dropped Mrs. 666's car off at the garage as it needs a new air con condenser and she's been moaning about the lack of cold air. Still, got a free courtesy car for the day so no big deal. WFC (Work From Cave) today and mostly staying indoors as it looks like rain for the rest of the day with a high of 15C. Autumn has kicked off early.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited August 2023
    Also saw this on the interweb which I thought was an inspired bit of business naming :smile:

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    Work meh, still peed I didn’t complete the route I wanted to last night, but dark & wet rock with no one around isn’t a great mix

Might punish myself in the hills later
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,030
    WFD (desk) today, early night tonight.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,155
    Stevo_666 said:

Also saw this on the interweb which I thought was an inspired bit of business naming :smile:

Looks like it's a massage parlour now:
    https://goo.gl/maps/XsiqNFTmsT8povxz8
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,336
    Afternoon folks,
    WFW again, had to drive the EPO in so no wobble today. Looking at the weather that's no bad thing. Definitely feeling rather autumnal. Schools are back next week I believe so traffic will be worse.
    I know I should stop being surprised by it, but I think they managed a new level of stupidity today.
    Suspect we'll have Mexican food tonight as the lad is back from his travels and has had the day at home.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,564
    Spring tomorrow, weather is getting in early, cool, sunny, showers, windy, cloudy, all in the space of 30 minutes.

Into town anyway for Mr WS review with neuro. All good, no changes so ticked off for another 6 months. Yay!

Coffee and cake to celebrate, then back to the work list here. Tired of hacking through overgrown inappropriate planting. Some accelerant and a match might be in order soon.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,428

Spring tomorrow, weather is getting in early, cool, sunny, showers, windy, cloudy, all in the space of 30 minutes.

Into town anyway for Mr WS review with neuro. All good, no changes so ticked off for another 6 months. Yay!

Coffee and cake to celebrate, then back to the work list here. Tired of hacking through overgrown inappropriate planting. Some accelerant and a match might be in order soon.

Autumn tomorrow. Been like autumn for the past couple of months here so no biggie.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,030
    edited August 2023
    We're forcast decent weather over the weekend so I'm planning on a long ride on Saturday which maybe my last for a few months.

Tour of Britain passes within about ten miles of our house on Sunday so (wife permitting) may have a look.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Looks like it's a massage parlour now:
    https://goo.gl/maps/XsiqNFTmsT8povxz8
    Good spot Thistle.

Clearly a witty name wasn't enough to keep his business going. Although I feel it's still a cut above the US competition

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Just worked Sunday through to now. What a mess. I was meant to be on holiday. At least I can take it later in the year. Maybe a sunny week in late September.

Walk tomorrow.