tuesday i was thinking of going into the assassination business

'ning

august continues to disappoint

ride cafes wfh laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,428
    First day back at work. First cycle in three weeks, over took a couple of chunky guys on mtb’s so must still have it 😎 looking decidedly cloudy. Roll on home time.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,371
    Morning cataplasms

Breezy, bright and slightly nippy.
    Will pedal before showery stuff.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Morning cataplasms

Oi, you’re a bit subdued lately. Are you ok?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    Cold on this mornings run, maybe because it was so slow.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,569
    seanoconn said:

First day back at work. First cycle in three weeks, over took a couple of chunky guys on mtb’s so must still have it 😎 looking decidedly cloudy. Roll on home time.

Don't look at me, I was nowhere near SW London this morning.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Meetings are on Teams today, so no point trekking into the office - will do the communt tomorrow.

In the meantime, a mate who's up at Siverstome for his 'Porsche experience' day sent me a pic of a ULEZ compliant car in case anyone needs to change their wheels to avoid the £12.50 a day :)

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,029
    The typical post bank holiday hangover is not, I repeat NOT in attendance.
    Pre opp tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
    Might nip to the gym later, but other than that just general wfw.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,334
    Morning folks,
    Back in the orifice, but still coughing rather more than I should be. Managed to wobble in at least. Same old, same old in here, looking at doubling my communt length, fingers crossed. Definitely feeling a little autumnal out there.
    I suspect that compliant car might cost more than £12.50 a day in other ways. Hell of a tea tray on the back.
    HD might not have a hangover, but I'm wondering how B³'s head is this morning.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,696
    That was a quick morning: get text at 0900 for next bad eye checkover appt at 1000... 20 miles away. Made it just 5 mins late. Status pretty much no change, still can see next to F all out of it due to the bacterial debris, wee barstewards.

Some light pottering about beckons this pm, that's about it.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Morning cataplasms

This is quite correct and well observed Seano.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

Morning folks,
    Back in the orifice, but still coughing rather more than I should be. Managed to wobble in at least. Same old, same old in here, looking at doubling my communt length, fingers crossed. Definitely feeling a little autumnal out there.
    I suspect that compliant car might cost more than £12.50 a day in other ways. Hell of a tea tray on the back.
    HD might not have a hangover, but I'm wondering how B³'s head is this morning.

I'm fine. I was only half cut!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,564
    Meh.

Mr WS had an invite to a (distant) car show on the weekend. I organised accommodation, picked the route to and from, did pretty much all the driving (over 900 km round trip). Home late yesterday.

More taxi duty today into town for Mum, and errands on the way home.

Cooked dinner this evening. Fixed gadgets which were playing up.

Got the grand total of a fairly perfunctory "thanks".

#WhydoIf^^kingbothersometimes

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Morning cataplasms

Are you going to answer his question or do more of us need to show some level of concern?
    Hope its just a low level funk and nothing serious though as we may need to adjust the level of extraction to suit.
    Pleased to hear it B³, ride and beer before winter sets in?
    I feel your pain WS
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,564

I'm fine. I was only half cut!

Must. Try. Harder. :-)
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    The thread title reminded me of a conversation I had in a pub with a Syrian dentist. He can't work as a dentist so was looking at what else he could do, we were discussing property prices and earnings and i mentioned my kids would probably have to bump us off to be able to buy somewhere. He reckoned he could have an alternative career there if he contacts some of the people he met back home.
  • pinno
    edited August 2023

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Morning cataplasms

Are you going to answer his question or do more of us need to show some level of concern?
    Hope its just a low level funk and nothing serious though as we may need to adjust the level of extraction to suit.
    I feel your pain WS
    It's just a blue funk. Things not going to plan despite your best intentions. I'll spare the detail; In roughly the same vein as WS.

Anyway, it's high time you jumped ship.
  • veronese68
    Can sympathise with that, I don't think having a crappy summer is helping. September is starting and I find it does get me into a bit of a funk.
    I've found a plank, hopefully I will be able to walk it before too long.
  • seanoconn
    I appreciate Pinno, V68, WS et all blue funks. I find retail therapy helps. Just bought a load of Sh!t I don’t need but I’m excited about getting it 😃
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Morning cataplasms

I feel your pain WS
    It's just a blue funk. Things not going to plan despite your best intentions. I'll spare the detail; In roughly the same vein as WS.

Anyway, it's high time you jumped ship.
    I'd never heard of Blue Funk before. Hope it's nothing like Blue Waffles o:)