'ning

august even nippier

ride cafes laze bubbly outing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,373
    Morning Coconuts

Lovely morning though a bit nippy as SG says.
    Bloody knackered after sorting rental property out. Charming tenants, always paid rent, communicated well but left the garden in a state.

Meh.
    Vuelta later.

How's that eye @orraloon ?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573
    Decent lie in had after one of the hounds insisted on going outside at 3.45am...thought he was going to throw up but he just chewed some grass. Junior arrives back from Barcelona today, let's see what sort of state she's in. Suspect she will be crashing out early.

May do a spot of work on cars and bikes today.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

...work on cars and bikes today.

Uh? You don't know one end of a spanner from the other and I thought you just paid people to do that sort of thing because you listened at school.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,696
    pinno said:

Friend has suggested, after getting a tad queasy after hearing (some not all of) the detailed goings on, I do a blog for The Orra Eye. Meh.

Today's eye word: meh.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    Chilled start after a boozy night.

Hounds happy as they have had a walk and a run. Currently drinking tea in the hot tub before a group of us cycle to a beer festival followed by dinner at a pals.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Uh? You don't know one end of a spanner from the other and I thought you just paid people to do that sort of thing because you listened at school.

Just going to check oil, tyre pressures, washer fluid, coolant, brake fluid, clean bird splats off paintwork, that sort of thing. Leave the rest to the professionals :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

pinno said:

Friend has suggested, after getting a tad queasy after hearing (some not all of) the detailed goings on, I do a blog for The Orra Eye. Meh.

Today's eye word: meh.
    How about a new avatar Loon?

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Still raining here . So we’ve been to supermarket and had lunch. I did take my bike out the bike bag and put the wheels in but I’m not sure there was any need
  • Stevo_666
    webboo said:

Afternoon
    Still raining here . So we’ve been to supermarket and had lunch. I did take my bike out the bike bag and put the wheels in but I’m not sure there was any need

Enjoy Wales Webby :)
  • webboo
    I will if I ever go there Pevo
  • Stevo_666
    webboo said:

It looked somehow familiar with all that cloud and rain (apart from the chalets obviously). Just think of all the money and driving time you could have saved :)
  • pinno
    'Pevo'. Like.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

'Pevo'. Like.

Pevo and Piña, sounds like a comedy double act of some sort :)
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,428
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Just going to check oil, tyre pressures, washer fluid, coolant, brake fluid, clean bird splats off paintwork, that sort of thing. Leave the rest to the professionals :)
    Apart from the bird poo, your car checks the rest!

Back in Blighty. Left a nice clean airport and arrived at stinky decrepit Gatwick about 2am.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Apart from the bird poo, your car checks the rest!

Back in Blighty. Left a nice clean airport and arrived at stinky decrepit Gatwick about 2am.
    If only the rest of the family paid attention to the warning lights on the dash of their cars and tell me about it promptly...
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

'Pevo'. Like.

Talking of comed, Roy Chubby Brown is coming to my toodlin' town.
  • orraloon
    Wot I have learned today: that Royston Vasey is not only a location of a 'local shop for local people' but is the real name of Roy Chubby Brown. Well who knew?
  • webboo
    orraloon said:

Wot I have learned today: that Royston Vasey is not only a location of a 'local shop for local people' but is the real name of Roy Chubby Brown. Well who knew?

Sorry loon but most folk know that. It’s the only thing you need to know about him other than he’s a complete c*nt.
  • webboo
    Stevo_666 said:

webboo said:

It looked somehow familiar with all that cloud and rain (apart from the chalets obviously). Just think of all the money and driving time you could have saved :)
    Well Nevo unlike Wales the sun came out this afternoon and suddenly it was in the mid 20’s. So I waited till the roads dried up a bit then went for a ride. What I discovered is French roads have decided to copy British roads I.e their full of holes.
    Also if I do any long rides I might need to drive down to valley as after 60 miles it will be well hard pedalling back up the apartment as it wasn’t exactly a doddle after a couple of hours.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

I did :)
  • Stevo_666
    webboo said:

Stevo_666 said:

webboo said:

Well Nevo unlike Wales the sun came out this afternoon and suddenly it was in the mid 20’s. So I waited till the roads dried up a bit then went for a ride. What I discovered is French roads have decided to copy British roads I.e their full of holes.
    Also if I do any long rides I might need to drive down to valley as after 60 miles it will be well hard pedalling back up the apartment as it wasn’t exactly a doddle after a couple of hours.
    Nevo? I wasn't in The Matrix you know.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

'Pevo'. Like.

I might go see him in Peterborough in December with a couple of mates. Should be good for a laugh and I like to support talent from my home town :)
  • webboo
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

'Pevo'. Like.

I might go see him in Peterborough in December with a couple of mates. Should be good for a laugh and I like to support talent from my home town :)
    Why would going to watch a racist and sexist person on a stage be a good laugh.
  • orraloon
    oxoman said:

Evening all, survived day 1 of King Alfred's Way just. Definitely not got the right tyres for wet sloppy chalk, it's fuxxing lethal. Few beers had and off to bed.
    Early start tomorrow and a long day.

Ah, down me old parts. Enjoy the Ridgeway, my place of many many miles.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Evening all, survived day 1 of King Alfred's Way just. Definitely not got the right tyres for wet sloppy chalk, it's fuxxing lethal. Few beers had and off to bed.

King Alfred's way was on one of the GCN+ episodes. Scenic.
  • Stevo_666
    webboo said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

'Pevo'. Like.

Never had you down as a PC wokey dokey...
  • pinno
    If it's not Webboo's cup of tea then it's not his cup of tea and that's fine.

I'll go but i'll go knowing that he can be a racist, sexist and homophobic cnut.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    oxoman said:

Fancy doing that
  • webboo
    Stevo_666 said:

webboo said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

'Pevo'. Like.

Never had you down as a PC wokey dokey...
    So your a PC wokey dokey if you don’t like racists. I thought you had higher standards than that.
  • Stevo_666
    edited August 2023
    pinno said:

If it's not Webboo's cup of tea then it's not his cup of tea and that's fine.

I'll go but i'll go knowing that he can be a racist, sexist and homophobic cnut.

Fair enough, thought you and Webby might be setting up a protest outside the venue