EF female teams

alan_a
alan_a Posts: 1,553
Ok I am being daft.

Too many EFs & Too many Jacksons for me to get my head around.

Can someone give me the brief synopsis of what's happening in the world of EFs

Ta

Comments

  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,225
    EF-Tibco-SBV is shutting down at the end of the season. This team had no connection to the men's EF

    EF Education - Cannondale is a completely new team starting next year, with the same owners as the men's EF
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,140
    Yeah, the only connection was EF the sponsor; who are now moving their sponsorship to the new team, which is the Vaughters team.
    With no new sponsors for Tibco-SBV, it looks like that team is folding.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,557
    Also worth noting that the new EF isn't world tour, while the old, folding one is. Not sure what happens with that licence
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,439
    There was some speculation that the Old EF team had a non-compete clause in the contract that would have prevented riders riding for the NEW EF team.

    The move of Act-didilly-dotilly- doodilly-action Jackson to the NEW EF team from the old EF team suggests that it was a load of hokum though...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,880
    Will there be some info from Lizzy Banks in an upcoming Cycling Podcast episode?
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,225
    ddraver said:

    There was some speculation that the Old EF team had a non-compete clause in the contract that would have prevented riders riding for the NEW EF team.

    The move of Act-didilly-dotilly- doodilly-action Jackson to the NEW EF team from the old EF team suggests that it was a load of hokum though...

    I think that might have related to staff, not riders
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,177
    r0bh said:

    ddraver said:

    There was some speculation that the Old EF team had a non-compete clause in the contract that would have prevented riders riding for the NEW EF team.

    The move of Act-didilly-dotilly- doodilly-action Jackson to the NEW EF team from the old EF team suggests that it was a load of hokum though...

    I think that might have related to staff, not riders
    The staff race?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,439
    Not sure anyone told the riders...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,551
    orraloon said:

    Will there be some info from Lizzy Banks in an upcoming Cycling Podcast episode?

    Without doubt. With much wailing and gnashing of teeth.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,553
    Thanks.

    But I really want to drill down into the politics and finances of it... Anyone got a link to a good read about it?