friday from another time

'ning

nippy 22 to start, brrr, roll on scorchio

ride far, cafes, may pass the mad cactus on the way back, if not then tomorrow, bask

one for pinno...
https://www.headforpoints.com/2023/08/13/lego-concorde-launching/
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,994
    Gentle run then work snizzle, followed by a run with a pal and the pub with a few others
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,821
    edited August 2023
    Raided castles and cut grass done. Knackered.
    Today I shall be on my lonesome. Probably do some roller miles as weather is already iffy.

    Sorry SG but static model kits don't do much for me.
    Although aesthetically, it looks quite good.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,520
    edited August 2023
    Impressed the in-laws with a rather nice roasted garlic soup yesterday (Polish love their soups) but eating a soup made with 12 whole heads of garlic isn’t without consequence. Off to Krakow arena later to watch Volleyball.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,915
    Day off today, so walk hounds, head into town for a haircut, bite to eat plus few things, then ride once the rain has naffed off.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,161
    Krakow is lovely Seano, we went last November and some of the bars there are amazing, it's like a little underground world.

    Lots to do today, off out to the pub tonight, relaxing Saturday followed by football tea and coffee on Sunday.

    May squeeze a ride in somewhere.

    @sungod do you have a property out there? You seem to visit often.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,008
    En route to the eye clinic, jab #nnn+ on Monday may have introduced an infection. Bleepin' painful overnight, but ibuprofen ameliorating. Phoned in, they want me in to check it out. Ah well, summat new innit.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,609
    ^^ That sux @orraloon Hopefully nothing serious.

    Ended up spending way more time than expected sorting out firewood for the rest of this season (hopefully). Shifted a pile from the bulk store up to the house, and collected a stack of lighter stuff from the paddock. Still got a pile of logs to cut and split, but no hurry, won't need it this year.

    Trainer ride this arvo again
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,879
    edited August 2023

    ...

    @sungod do you have a property out there? You seem to visit often.

    no, considered it, but elsewhere in europe more likely as a relocation option, it's a bit too small for permanent

    long ride, misty up on timanfaya but too windy to stop for pics, bike tends to blow away, cliffs of famara above scenic morning mistiness



    hole in lava, more lava


    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,879
    pinno said:

    Raided castles and cut grass done. Knackered.
    Today I shall be on my lonesome. Probably do some roller miles as weather is already iffy.

    Sorry SG but static model kits don't do much for me.
    Although aesthetically, it looks quite good.

    tbh i assumed you were above that kind of thing, seems more like a 3d jigsaw puzzle than proper lego

    the only special-purpose bricks i remember were things like rails for the train, maybe mid-60s?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    Out shopping for stuff for next weeks holidays. Much debate was had over what stuff is required these days in your car when you go to Europe. Which then led “ What did we take when we took the car to Spain”
    So either we never bothered with anything or we drank that much wine it’s killed our memory.
    Yet again baffled by clothes sizes as. I appear to be a small in a polo shirt, yet a large cycling top is usually skin tight.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,821
    sungod said:

    pinno said:

    Raided castles and cut grass done. Knackered.
    Today I shall be on my lonesome. Probably do some roller miles as weather is already iffy.

    Sorry SG but static model kits don't do much for me.
    Although aesthetically, it looks quite good.

    tbh i assumed you were above that kind of thing, seems more like a 3d jigsaw puzzle than proper lego

    the only special-purpose bricks i remember were things like rails for the train, maybe mid-60s?
    Oh no; since the rise in Technic and Lego Friends, special purpose bricks have soared.
    Buy one of my kits :smiley:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,879
    webboo said:

    Evening
    Out shopping for stuff for next weeks holidays. Much debate was had over what stuff is required these days in your car when you go to Europe. Which then led “ What did we take when we took the car to Spain”
    So either we never bothered with anything or we drank that much wine it’s killed our memory.
    Yet again baffled by clothes sizes as. I appear to be a small in a polo shirt, yet a large cycling top is usually skin tight.

    going through france to spain? from memory: registration, copy of insurance, a triangle, hi-vis, emissions sticker, uk sticker (not gb), maybe the anti-dazzle things for headights as you'll be on the right side of the road, but i'd check properly, chances are it'll never matter, but better safe than sorry
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,008

    ^^ That sux @orraloon Hopefully nothing serious.

    After initial clinic visit and checks, leave accompanied by meds / drops multiple, get called back in pm as on call consultant wants to check me out. By which time, things getting worse and endophthalmitis aka bacterial infection confirmed and rampant as the little barstewards do. Multiple painful injections of antibiotics, sample extractions et al made me almost pass out, took a while to come round. A fun day indeed. Go back to see the consultant on Sunday, 48 hour check, but call him if it gets worse between times.

    I should be so lucky
    Lucky, lucky, lucky

  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    edited August 2023
    sungod said:

    webboo said:

    Evening
    Out shopping for stuff for next weeks holidays. Much debate was had over what stuff is required these days in your car when you go to Europe. Which then led “ What did we take when we took the car to Spain”
    So either we never bothered with anything or we drank that much wine it’s killed our memory.
    Yet again baffled by clothes sizes as. I appear to be a small in a polo shirt, yet a large cycling top is usually skin tight.

    going through france to spain? from memory: registration, copy of insurance, a triangle, hi-vis, emissions sticker, uk sticker (not gb), maybe the anti-dazzle things for headights as you'll be on the right side of the road, but i'd check properly, chances are it'll never matter, but better safe than sorry
    We’ve got it sussed I think but thanks anyway. Not going to Spain, it will be Holland, Belgium then France.
    The question that I’m unclear about, are a pair of Doc Martin loafers a necessary part of travel kit.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,821
    orraloon said:

    ^^ That sux @orraloon Hopefully nothing serious.

    After initial clinic visit and checks, leave accompanied by meds / drops multiple, get called back in pm as on call consultant wants to check me out. By which time, things getting worse and endophthalmitis aka bacterial infection confirmed and rampant as the little barstewards do. Multiple painful injections of antibiotics, sample extractions et al made me almost pass out, took a while to come round. A fun day indeed. Go back to see the consultant on Sunday, 48 hour check, but call him if it gets worse between times.

    I should be so lucky
    Lucky, lucky, lucky

    Fingers crossed for you.
    This is another eye bother scenario giving me the heebeegeebees; mate had a detached retina 6 weeks ago.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!