scorchio later

ride around, may visit the mad cactus of yaiza again, cafes, bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,374
    Morning Fancy-dress Fatimas

Gorgeous day.
    Off with the DW's to big stately home/adventure playground place.
    The next few days are iffy weather wise so i'll have to squeeze a grass cut somehow when I get back.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    Meh work, second run yesterday had some technical climbs, knees didn’t like it - think the wife put a spell on me when she found out I was booking a race that makes an Ironman look cheap.

Ride / gentle run or swim later - basically pub avoidance, though I really should celebrate the eldest getting into Liverpool uni
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,696
    Insulation survey #2 done, need 3 quotes esp as 1st looks well high. This guy helpful and informative, got several pointers from him for what to do / not do.

Weather all calm and dry. Get out for a bimble in a bit.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,030
    @tlw1 I received the unheard of Iron Man refund last week. Mainly due to my having deferred to the 2024 full distance due to injury and them scrapping it in favor of a 70.2. They offered me free transfer to any European or Middle Eastern event...

I said no and a few weeks later £500+ was refunded.

Anyway, back to drawing staircases.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573
    tlw1 said:

Meh work, second run yesterday had some technical climbs, knees didn’t like it - think the wife put a spell on me when she found out I was booking a race that makes an Ironman look cheap.

Ride / gentle run or swim later - basically pub avoidance, though I really should celebrate the eldest getting into Liverpool uni

Well done to tlw junior, seems like a good place based on Stropteens experiences so far, though some of the accommodation can be a bit sketchy once they move out of halls.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Busy morning - Teams and coffee is the order of the day so far. Pick car up from garage later on which is an excuse for a quick bike ride. At least today is my Friday :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Well done to tlw junior, seems like a good place based on Stropteens experiences so far, though some of the accommodation can be a bit sketchy once they move out of halls.
    I sense a plan of visiting that gives us beer time
  • tlw1

@tlw1 I received the unheard of Iron Man refund last week. Mainly due to my having deferred to the 2024 full distance due to injury and them scrapping it in favor of a 70.2. They offered me free transfer to any European or Middle Eastern event...

Unheard of!!!!! So what’s the plan now?
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

I sense a plan of visiting that gives us beer time
    When she goes back next month she's based out in the Wirral near Leahurst which is where they do the 2 years of clinical, so isn't going to be living in Liverpool any more. But it looks like it's quite close to Chester.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,336
    Afternoon folks,
    Back in the orifice again, at least i managed a reasonably pleasant wobble in the sunshine this morning. Had the afternoon off yesterday to help the female child with moving stuff from old uni house to the new one, thankfully only a few doors up the road. As Stevo said some accommodation can leave rather a lot to be desired, long list of complaints has gone into the agents handling it. Damp, mould, rotten kitchen cabinets, broken furniture, some window frames are broken so they won't open, no freezer even though they said there was one, etc, etc...
    £500 for all that pain and suffering!?! They should change the name from iron man to 'kin eejiots.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,564
    Taxi duty day, in town for Mr WS to do scans etc. Then errands on way home for all and sundry.

Should have been a bike ride this arvo, but because green waste bin night... spent an hour or so filling three * 240 L bins with weeds various, gum nuts, leaves, bits of protea, and assorted other stuff.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,030
    tlw1 said:

Unheard of!!!!! So what’s the plan now?
    Depends on the opp really, I chased the consultants secretary for a last minute cancellation this morning and she's going to email the waiting list coordinator.

With recovery and training time I'm doubtful a full is on the cards in June/July but another 70.3 might. I'm thinking Lakesman as an option as it's supposed to be a nice event.
    Probably a sprinkle of sprints as well in the run up.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Spent the morning cleaning grass out of the gutters and scraping the moss of the garage roof. Walked to the village book swop and back, not really done much else.
    Looking like it might rain soon, maybe shouldn’t have bothered watering the garden.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Speeding southwest after a day in the office. Not much happening other than work at the moment really. Dull.