sunday as the sun burns the ground

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,558
edited August 2023 in The bottom bracket
'ning

scorchio

ride to the other end and back, taking in all the highest bits and swoopiest descents, cafes and many bidon stops, looks like a windless start here though probably windy the other side of timanfaya, hope for tailwind on the way back, wallow in pool to dump heat, bask

just went out to stargaze, saw a bright meteor
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,695
    It's not raining! That means the Worlds para road events in Dumfries must be finished then. A wee bit damp yesterday. Enjoyed the week, good bantz with the team, the teams and the public.

And after a week of early, for me, I'm not a SG type at all, starts today will be lazy pottering about.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,568
    Rain is hammering down here but looks like it's only temporary, so will ride later on when the roads have dried out. Before that, the assembly of the flat pack thing will get finished after being interrupted yesterday. But think I'll have a coffee in the meantime...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,369
    Coffee had.
    Birds fed.
    Weather iffy.
    Meh.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,564
    Day of the usual meh. A short walk timed nicely to dodge the rain showers, then more workshop activity on picture frames. Out to visit Mum, then a turbo ride to finish the day.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Headed out on the bike on a mo - fingers crossed.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    Chilled start this morning. Decent tempo run and now enjoying a second breakfast.

Pub later obviously
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,558
    rather toasty ride, hit scorchio before 8, from 10 onwards mostly incendio, surprise headwind coming back made the last 10k particularly unpleasant

best bit was around 110k, stopped at a cafe for a final can of coke and another ice water bidon, went and sat in the shade of a church where it was still well over 40 to try and cool off, in the end i just poured ice water over me, bliss, it felt so good i did it twice more

hardly anyone else out on a bike, usually loads on a sunday, wonder why
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Wizzed it down here at 9am but dry by 12ish. Did 110km loop avoiding the clouds. Returned home to find something called Cycle Ball on the BBC. Quote possibly the most ridiculous sport ever seen. It's kind of like the thing you invent when you are pi$$ed one evening, knowing in reality it is far too daft to be an actual sport. Only someone actually did it and gave it a World Championships.

Thankfully I then found 'Ascent of Man' on iplayer to restore a sense of intellectual civility 😂
  • Stevo_666
    Managed a nice 50k and no rain. Even managed to stop and take a pic for once.

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    Today was drive to Leicester Forrest services and back to hand over grandson to daughter and son in law. Drive was enlivened both ways due to crawling past an accident where someone had managed to park their Landrover and caravan across the central barriers.
    Arrived home to find Mrs W rearranging the furniture and finding lots of places I’d failed to clean when doing my chores. Apparently I must try harder.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Back on the train with MiL and mini. London for another few days. Long walk yesterday, shorter one today. Bizzy week ahead.
  • Stevo_666

Back on the train with MiL and mini. London for another few days. Long walk yesterday, shorter one today. Bizzy week ahead.

Beansie, out of interest do you take the dog with you every time you head out West?