ride far, cafes, bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    Hounds walked, work snizzle and then a run with a pal
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,370
    Some sun, no rain and little wind on a day I was planning to have a rest. Typical.
    Maybe I should not bother resting.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,569
    edited August 2023
    Beavering away in the cave while it drizzles gently outside in a very non-August way. Watched Fast & Furious 7 last night for a spot of light relief and disengaging the brain from work. May go for a pedal after work if its dry, fingers crossed.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,334
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice, managed to wobble in at least. Forecast suggested it would be dry until lunchtime, forecast lies like a flatfish. Only drizzle, but not dry.
    Not much else to report, usual levels of stupidity.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,029
    Just hiked up a mountain to Rufugio Menaggio @1380m (Garmin is lying)

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,564
    Cracker of a day. Took advantage to sit about in the sunshine with coffee and enjoy the serenity for a change.

Then ruined the rest of the day with a trip to town to see the Chiro.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,558
    think i prefer it a bit windier, only blowing about 20k, did the 84k again, about a minute faster than sunday, perhaps aided by the sugar rush from the excellent donut at the bakery in la santa, fine mirages on the way back, scorchio

followed by a long bask by the pool, where the light wings of zephyr, oppress'd with perfume, wax faint o'er the gardens etc.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,370
    Did Byron pedal up Timanfaya SG?

Thar's a long poem that one.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Gloomy grey day. At work, looking out of the big windows at gloomy grey weather and damp tourists. Had a cracking sandwich at lunchtime. Otherwise did work stuff.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,569
    edited August 2023
    Still damp n drizzly here so bike ride binned and rescheduled to tomorrow. Did some weights instead.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,558
    pinno said:

Did Byron pedal up Timanfaya SG?

Thar's a long poem that one.

i believe he had a vision of the ascent while off his tits on laudanum
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,696
    That's me kitted out in UCI blue, rain jacket, 2 x shirts, cap, useful sized back pack. And The Card. Like wot gets one free coffee, lunch etc. Hardly an intensive training day, more sitting about chatting with others than 'learning'. And 4 of us went for a beer afterwards.

Volunteers are the ones in the turquoise blue, not the security / marshals in the orange or yellow. Met some of those guys as well, well 'ard innit.

People from all over the country in for the para TT and roads in Dumfries, and individuals from Morocco, Iran, Mexico, Brazil!

The Crichton is such a beautiful, publicly owned massive estate, expect lots of aerial views Fri and Sat.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,334

Gloomy grey day. At work, looking out of the big windows at gloomy grey weather and damp tourists. Had a cracking sandwich at lunchtime. Otherwise did work stuff.

No tourists in drizzly Hanworth, apart from any en route to Heathrow that is. But also had a cracking sandwich. Goats cheese, rocket, tomato and onion chutney on crusty sourdough. Made for me by the lad before he left to do some gardening work this morning. That last bit raised a very good sandwich into one that can't be beaten. Made my day.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    orraloon said:

That's me kitted out in UCI blue, rain jacket, 2 x shirts, cap, useful sized back pack. And The Card. Like wot gets one free coffee, lunch etc. Hardly an intensive training day, more sitting about chatting with others than 'learning'. And 4 of us went for a beer afterwards.

Volunteers are the ones in the turquoise blue, not the security / marshals in the orange or yellow. Met some of those guys as well, well 'ard innit.

People from all over the country in for the para TT and roads in Dumfries, and individuals from Morocco, Iran, Mexico, Brazil!

The Crichton is such a beautiful, publicly owned massive estate, expect lots of aerial views Fri and Sat.

Wonder if Colin aka pokerface is still doing the para stuff
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

No tourists in drizzly Hanworth, apart from any en route to Heathrow that is. But also had a cracking sandwich. Goats cheese, rocket, tomato and onion chutney on crusty sourdough. Made for me by the lad before he left to do some gardening work this morning. That last bit raised a very good sandwich into one that can't be beaten. Made my day.
    Mine was not made by the lad. I had to pay for mine, which obviously makes it worse. It was lots of medium rare steak, béarnaise sauce, caramelised onions, rocket, on ciabatta. It was a little more than a shytey pret baguette, but a real treat. They have a good range, which I'll be investigating thoroughly.