sunday seeking the eternal pineapple of amunet

'ning

sunnywarm, wind forecast a smidge calmer

ride far over many volcanoes, cafes, bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Run off pub fun from last night and then bike ride with current wife.

Maybe a few jobs and then the pub or friends over
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Beach stroll, pub lunch, London train.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Time to get erse in gear, fuel up, meet up, wee group ride, lunch stop coincide with others, back to catch the end of men's RR. Blue skies, no wind, please stay like that.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Had a slice of toast, just off on my half marathon training run of the day. Wifey is doing an afternoon tea for her folks this afternoon so that’ll be…fun. Seems a bit windy out.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    Suitable lie in done, chill for a bit then head out with hounds taking in the joys of the garden centre along the way.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Stevo_666 said:

Suitable lie in done, chill for a bit then head out with hounds taking in the joys of the garden centre along the way.

Garden centre again? Showing your age now Stevo.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Mrs. 666 is really motoring on the gardening and planting project now - I'm getting dragged along...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Mrs. 666 is really motoring on the gardening and planting project now - I'm getting dragged in...
    Won't be long.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Mrs. 666 is really motoring on the gardening and planting project now - I'm getting dragged in...
    Won't be long.
    I'm some way behind you, Mr. Begonias :smile:
  • seanoconn
    Left trampoline place, drove for a bit and then realised I hadn’t got my phone, I’d left it on the car roof! It was still there, luckily my phone case is grippy. What a donut!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    misty murky start, wind shifted to mostly sidewind which felt odd, 85k with almost a k of up

uneventful until i almost got head-on splattered by an idiot in a hire car as i came back down timanfaya, i hope he heard what i called him, if not my hand gestures made the same point, drivers around him weren't impressed by his antics either, not sure if he hit one of them as he weaved back across the road, grrrr

bask soon
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Left trampoline place, drove for a bit and then realised I hadn’t got my phone, I’d left it on the car roof! It was still there, luckily my phone case is grippy. What a donut!

Bit of a senior moment there Seano ;)
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

Fckin lucky!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Finally no rain, went for a ride only to find it gopping in the next village. Now waiting for the return of grandson from his great grandma’s so we can go for a ride.
    Currently watching the cycling, when did standing at the side of the road with one foot clipped in become a World Championship event.
  • beansnikpoh
    Nice out, still a bit breezy, and the tide is straight from the Paragons or Blondie. The sea marshes are underwater.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Slowish start was had, then had my old friend round to visit before he drives northward. He'd stayed over at my old dear's and she'd been updating him on her life. We've been mates since the age of 5 so she was very happy to see him.
    Now some pottering to be done around the house.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Poor sleep meant a lazy start. Turned out nice this arvo at least, out and about for a while.

Dodged a few jobs on the list, major attack of CBA. Means a busy week coming up though I guess.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Squeezed in a ride seen as there are blue skies.
    Actual, real blue sky.

Now need to cut grass.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Ride completed with grandson, his first on a road bike. He’s not got grips with riding on the drops or the hoods yet, Just keeps his hands on the tops where the panic levers are. He’s keen to ride further which is great.
    Interestingly conversation with him is often one or two words. On the ride he asked about why England owns Northern Ireland( his words) so we discussed the history of Ireland which then led in talking about Christianity and why there are so many St Mary’s schools and churches one of which he used attend.
  • beansnikpoh
    webboo said:

Ride completed with grandson, his first on a road bike. He’s not got grips with riding on the drops or the hoods yet, Just keeps his hands on the tops where the panic levers are. He’s keen to ride further which is great.
    Interestingly conversation with him is often one or two words. On the ride he asked about why England owns Northern Ireland( his words) so we discussed the history of Ireland which then led in talking about Christianity and why there are so many St Mary’s schools and churches one of which he used attend.

That's good. All tweens/teens are monosyllabic with family it seems. Sounds like an interesting discussion!
  • beansnikpoh
    Big lunch, glad I didn't go for a starter. Pretty good as pub roast lunches go. Zippy service. Recommend.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Longest ride of year to date, with local group, longer than initially planned. 5 hours ride time, plus couple of cafe stops for coffee and cake, and local ice cream and coffee. Chuffed the legs coped, must be on the up. 👍

Time for a couple of deserved beers, refuel, hot soak and catch up with the pro race activity.
  • veronese68
    Updated my CV, I'm not very good at blowing my own trumpet so the EPO pushed me and did all the layout and formatting.
  • seanoconn

Big lunch, glad I didn't go for a starter. Pretty good as pub roast lunches go. Zippy service. Recommend.

Can spot cauliflower cheese 😋 list of everything on the plate please.
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

Cauliflower cheese, red cabbage, green beans, broccoli, carrots, roast potatoes, stuffing, Yorkshire pudding, roast pork belly and crackling, gravy.
  • beansnikpoh

seanoconn said:

Cauliflower cheese, red cabbage, green beans, broccoli, carrots, roast potatoes, stuffing, Yorkshire pudding, roast pork belly and crackling, gravy.
    Oh, and roast parsnips.
  • veronese68
    Mmm, I'm hungry now.
    Broccoli irritates me, too much surface area so it goes cold too quick.
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

Oh, and roast parsnips.
    I thought you’d missed the roast parsnips. A good pork belly is fast becoming my favourite.
  • beansnikpoh

Mmm, I'm hungry now.
    Broccoli irritates me, too much surface area so it goes cold too quick.

This was on a good hot plate, with hot gravy.
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

Oh, and roast parsnips.
    I thought you’d missed the roast parsnips. A good pork belly is fast becoming my favourite.
    Pork is the king of meats for me.