Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    WTF - back in the uk and the weather is loverly

Unpack, more sleep (had an hour and a half) at some point

Out with friends later as the kids are having a party here
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Going up the moor now. Hiking, not biking. Hopefully won't get blown away.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Not windy here, just soggy wet.
    Need some wind to blow the grey away.

Mainly do little and catch up on some worlds action.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    edited August 2023
    Weather is forecast to be pants all day here but no riding planned anyway after yesterday's efforts. Taking the hounds for a haircut in a bit then will head into town for a spot of lunch and some supplies. Later is undecided.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning folks, but not for long.
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, had a chat with friend’s daughter with the kid I’d been helping. She’s been at her Dad’s in Germany for a while now and doing much better thankfully.
    Had a delivery of bike bits from SJS earlier so there is some fettling to be done. Then I might get some food in.
    Weather is pretty nasty out so not much activity, feeling a bit rough but not too bad so hopefully the plague hasn’t taken hold.
  • veronese68
    Hmm, new bottom bracket fitted to pub hack. Measured carefully to match the old one. Should have checked clearance with the old one perhaps 😂
    It doesn't touch and the chainring has a slight bend in it, but it's bloody close.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128

Hmm, new bottom bracket fitted to pub hack. Measured carefully to match the old one. Should have checked clearance with the old one perhaps 😂
    It doesn't touch and the chainring has a slight bend in it, but it's bloody close.

can you add a spacer?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    If I clean off the build up of old chain lube I reckon there's 1mm of clearance, that's the closest point. I should try and straighten it out if not replace the chainring or crankset. But it's just the pub and shopping hack.
    I do like to keep it working properly though, overtaking weekend warriors heading to Richmond park when I have shopping in the front rack is always fun.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening.
    A very slow start was had round as just for a change it was persisting it down. However grandson insisted that he try his new bike. For the first he’s riding with the saddle higher than the bars so it took a little while for him to get the idea of standing up to start and stop. All good in the end.
    A trip in town followed as it had stopped ☔️ Did a session on the board when we got back. Might have a glass wine soon to toast the next rain storm.
  • beansnikpoh

Heather is out up on the tops, as were horses. Wind and drizzle was also out. Still very windy, but sunny.
  • beansnikpoh
    edited August 2023
    Cat in the orchard I can see out of my bedroom window.

It was stalking a pheasant.
  • pinno

God loves a tryer.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

Is that one those panthers or wild cats that they report about down there every now and again.
  • beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

God loves a tryer.
    It got within 5 metres, then the pheasant started his alarm call. The cat slunk off after pretending not to look at the bird for a minute or two.
  • beansnikpoh
    webboo said:

Is that one those panthers or wild cats that they report about down there every now and again.
    Unfortunately not, I think it's a farm cat. My wife is a firm believer in these cryptozoological beasts though.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Hello. Did I miss much?
  • pinno
    johngti said:

Hello. Did I miss much?

Who the farq are you?!!?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    johngti said:

Hello. Did I miss much?

Yeah, loads...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    johngti said:

Hello. Did I miss much?

Yes, loads of drivel, bollox, bickering, ranting, pedantry and the occasional lovely photo posted from exotic places.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    Evening all, fun times in the boozer in which I misspent a large part of my youth with some of the other guilty parties. Bizarrely happened across some others from back in the day that just happened to be doing the same.