monday minimally

'ning

sunnywarm

ride cafes shopping bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,962
    Gloomygrey here. Looking forward to next summer now this one seems to be over. Mind you, in the office today so the weather doesn't matter that much.

In more positive news the fencing project has been a success as we have recorded zero hound escapes from the back garden since it was installed.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,535
    No more rain here till at least 2pm. Ha! In your face holiday peeps!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Last full week of work before I too am a holiday peep. Currently drinking coffee and working on my motivation.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

Gloomygrey here. Looking forward to next summer now this one seems to be over. Mind you, in the office today so the weather doesn't matter that much.

In more positive news the fencing project has been a success as we have recorded zero hound escapes from the back garden since it was installed.

You wait, the hounds will be making papier-mâché dog masks and building a ladder out of bones and doggy treats.
  • seanoconn
    @pinno

Oi, you sneaky fecker, you’re not allowed a rest.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Nice and drizzley here this morning. Not sure what the day ahead holds other trying to entertain grandson so he doesn’t spend all day playing on the PlayStation or granny will not be amused.
    The slug invasion continues 250 of little tw@ts this morning.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    seanoconn said:

No more rain here till at least 2pm. Ha! In your face holiday peeps!

You win

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    Chilled start so far other than a run and quick cider at the supermarket whilst the current wife did the shopping
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,575
    Morning folks,
    Seano can thank me for the dry start, I'm WFH again today so sods law says it will be the only dry day this week. I'm not sure TLW is winning, the paving appears to have fallen over so the umbrellas have dropped out of their stands. But somehow the water is still in the pool, has it frozen?
    EPO has the plague so I'm playing nursey and plying her with cups of tea.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    'ning

Gentle run this morning because I'm a bit achey after going to the gym yesterday with someone who knew what she was doing.
    2.5 hour meeting has just been cancelled, but that means I need to find something productive to do.
    Gym later.
  • thistle_
    seanoconn said:

@pinno

Yeah @pinno
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,898
    thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

@pinno

Yeah @pinno
    more important though, where's beans?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    edited July 2023
    sungod said:

thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

@pinno

Yeah @pinno
    more important though, where's beans?
    Yeah @beans
  • veronese68
    Looks like I'm working from home all this week as the big boss is over from the US and is paranoid about covid, but I have to go in next week whatever happens, even though he's still around, as a couple of others are off. I'm sure it makes sense to him on some level.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,036
    Last day of November oh hang on, it's July? 'Kin dismal weather. Again.

Just spent an hour doing online anti terrorism tick box training. Part of the induction as volunteer support for UCI Worlds.

Finally got the call back to get the process moving on PVs / battery / hybrid ASHP funding support stage of The Project. Maybe will get installed ahead of (proper not this pseudo) winter.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

You wait, the hounds will be making papier-mâché dog masks and building a ladder out of bones and doggy treats.
    Digging tunnels more like. I half expect to see little mounds of soil building up in the garden, Great Escape stylee.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Last day of November oh hang on, it's July? 'Kin dismal weather. Again.

Just spent an hour doing online anti terrorism tick box training. Part of the induction as volunteer support for UCI Worlds.

Finally got the call back to get the process moving on PVs / battery / hybrid ASHP funding support stage of The Project. Maybe will get installed ahead of (proper not this pseudo) winter.

Thought winter starts tomorrow in Scotland?
  • Stevo_666

Looks like I'm working from home all this week as the big boss is over from the US and is paranoid about covid, but I have to go in next week whatever happens, even though he's still around, as a couple of others are off. I'm sure it makes sense to him on some level.

So when the boss is in your office, everyone else needs to be out? He could save himself a trip and do it on Teams/Zoom.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,615
    Well, possibly the worst weather we've had since we moved here. Last night and today just howling winds and rain, coupled with very high tides this arvo. There's one road in and out of our little corner of the world and today it was in trouble...

South West Point of Tassie had a wind gust of 200 km/h this arvo.

Spent the arvo in the shed on trainer, swearing at endless hills.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666

Well, possibly the worst weather we've had since we moved here. Last night and today just howling winds and rain, coupled with very high tides this arvo.

You sure you're not on holiday in England just now Spinner?
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

So when the boss is in your office, everyone else needs to be out? He could save himself a trip and do it on Teams/Zoom.
    If only :|
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,036
    3rd day in a row on the indoor trainer, as weather has been so pants.

Not looking too good weatherwise for the UCI Worlds starting on Thursday. Track will be ok though...😎
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

Well, possibly the worst weather we've had since we moved here. Last night and today just howling winds and rain, coupled with very high tides this arvo. There's one road in and out of our little corner of the world and today it was in trouble...

That's pretty fkin windy. Hope you've battened down the hatches and are riding it out safely.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Where's that @pinno?

More than half an eye on the cricket all day. Great stuff.

I start a stint of here and there on Wednesday evening. 4 nights there, 3 nights here until early September. Hopefully the fkin weather improves, or I'll be burning logs down there.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,853
    Been busy that's all and survived the visit from sister. Well, she survived her visit here.
    They varnished the kitchen worktops in the Edinburgh flat. I had to giggle quietly but when it all starts coming apart, it'll be muggins sorting it.
    Unlike 'Loon, I have been pedalling lots despite the weather* and it was dry till about 12 noon today, so he has no excuse.
    Today I passed Fort 'Loon and went climbing up walls Webboo style. Managed 2 out of 3 of the hardest routes so I am quite impressed with myself but now aching in funny places.

*Drenched on Saturday. It was like this: Sun/wind, flat, wind, hills, rain, sun/wind. Epic.

Lord Beans is fine though trying to chew my arm off periodically. Weather related frustration I guess. He's now jumped off his gad and is chasing a pesky fly for amusement.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    He lives!
  • Wheelspinner
    Stevo_666 said:

Well, possibly the worst weather we've had since we moved here. Last night and today just howling winds and rain, coupled with very high tides this arvo.

I’ve a friend in Dublin on hols at the moment, keeps sending photos of rain, clouds etc. looks the same…
  • Wheelspinner

That's pretty fkin windy. Hope you've battened down the hatches and are riding it out safely.
    Thanks, yep all ok. Surprised this morning to see relatively little mess or damage (so far). Will see what the rest of the place looks like later on way into town!
  • pinno

Stevo_666 said:

I’ve a friend in Dublin on hols at the moment, keeps sending photos of rain, clouds etc. looks the same…
    Tell him to climb a hill and give me a wave 'cos i'm just across the water.
    (Although that pesky tax haven may be in the way).
  • pinno

Thanks, yep all ok. Surprised this morning to see relatively little mess or damage (so far). Will see what the rest of the place looks like later on way into town!