friday entends les notes d'une chanson lointaine

'ning

windy warm sunny

ride shopping cafes, bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Await arrival of hire car, but managed a little run and a gentle swim in the pool.

Sure lunch out / dinner out and ale are in the plan
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727
    Moaning,

Overcast, but brightish, hoping for a dry day

WFW last day of the week so chippy will be visited, looking forward to tomorrows ride already

Good luck tlw1 I do hope your stomach woes are behind you, no fun on holiday that
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Today will be a trip down to daughter dearests in Wiltshire, hoping to get a ride in before we set off. Might be sweaty as it seems to be unseasonably warm round here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    edited July 2023
    Day off today, so good lie in had and now watching England v Denmark in the footy with Mrs. 666. Quick appointment at the docs at lunchtime to get the results of my last PSA test then out for a hilly bike ride with a mate.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Friday but in the orifice unfortunately, silly questions aplenty. Pleasant enough wobble in at least as I replaced the front gear cable last night. Stupid design that's already worn the cable guide in the shifter, ordered some new ones from SJS. Been told I have to go to the pub tonight as the EPO is having her 'book' club round.
    Enjoy the holiday TLW, I'm sure more booze will cure your bellyache. Good luck with moving the lad Oxo. Exciting times. What's unseasonably warm up there Webboo? I have a customer in Adelaide that complains it's too cold if it drops below 20 in winter.
  • Stevo_666
    PSA test came back normal so sadly for you lot I'll live to fight another day. Off out on the bike shortly.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

~1000 miles completed, now sat on the terrace with a cold Moretti.
    Bikes unpacked and safely asleep in the garage ready for a spin.

Bostin view you have there HD. Which of those Italian lakes is that? Are you there for all of August?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Como, our house is in a village called Loveno just in the hills above Menaggio.
    I doubt we’ll ride tomorrow but may do a decent stint on Sunday. Parents are still here so spend a few days with them as they leave on Monday.
    Bike related pics to follow…
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Oh, and just over two weeks.
    I can only dream of a month but the internet here is terrible and on my list of things to fix
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Will be Strava stalking and cursing you HD
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

~1000 miles completed, now sat on the terrace with a cold Moretti.
    Bikes unpacked and safely asleep in the garage ready for a spin.

Pool, beautiful lake views, hills that look like mountains. Winning at life HD. Very jealous.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Good going HD. The weather looks almost English in that last pic :)