Thursdays walk of 500 miles and then 500 more.

Morning early birds!

Wet as an otters pocket here, bikes are dry under their travel blanket.

Services ahoy…

Europe by high noon!
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    edited July 2023
    'ning

not cold and raining

ride and cafes, bask the uv

enjoy europe hd
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Enjoy HD

Chilled start and then off to the airport, booked the lounge despite still not being able to keep food down, basically I’m gambling.
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727
    Moaning,

Wet (not currently raining) cool SW wind

WFW today as per usual, voice slowly coming back, still have cough though not as prevalent
    Hoping to go on a group ride Saturday with some mates which will involve refuelling stops (pubs)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    Headed into town to work - watching the cricket got binned at the last minute and we told the brokers to take a few of their juniors and enjoy beer in the rain. So my Friday has moved from yesterday to today.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Enjoy HD

Chilled start and then off to the airport, booked the lounge despite still not being able to keep food down, basically I’m gambling.

Good luck - best stick to liquids only...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Enjoy HD

Good luck - best stick to liquids only...
    Seems like a decent plan
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    Blue skies, you lucky lucky...

This pm I shall be attending a tea party! No more buttered scones for me mater, I'm offski. Tough but someone's gotta do it.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Arrived home at 3:10 a.m. Finally fell into bed at 3:45. Up at 8:30 to take dog for its jabs. Now at the office, I think I'll be bailing early.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    sungod said:

i love the smell of volcanoes in the morning

Is the resurfaced road you were talking about the one that runs alongside the LZ-2 towards Yaiza? If so, it looks like fresh black silk.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    A day of WFH as I'm on taxi duty later, but the lad has turned up so I might not be after all. Easy commute down the stairs, just as well as I still need to change the gear cable on my bike. Need to fix a few bikes as my only working bikes are the old Italian roadie and the MTB.
    Pub was fun last night, so I drank a touch more than was wise. Quiet night in tonight methinks.
    Have a good holiday lucky people, good luck TLW hope you have an aisle seat in case an emergency dash is needed.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128

sungod said:

i love the smell of volcanoes in the morning

Is the resurfaced road you were talking about the one that runs alongside the LZ-2 towards Yaiza? If so, it looks like fresh black silk.
    no, that's the 'old' lz-704 from yaiza roundabout heading to el golfo/los hervideros, mostly very smooth with just a few worn bits/cracks

the new stuff is the lz-72, parallel to lz-2, tbh it was mostly fine except for the really worn/crumbling bit south of yaiza, now it's a long stretch of tarmac perfection

they've also put 'no cycling' signs on the lz-2, could never understand why people used it, way too much traffic and debris
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon.
    A touch weary this morning, not really sure why yesterdays ride took so much out of me. Managed a session on the board once I got going, managed to do a couple of things I couldn’t do last session. Then I went to see Kev in the bike shop to pick up my voucher for free stuff in the pub for helping out at his event.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Arrived at our overnight stop at a small chateaux in Saint Dizier, quick change and off out to find Escargot.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1

And relax
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    tlw1 said:

And relax

Thought there was some kind of manscaping going on for a moment.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

And relax

I had to rotate that pic 90 degrees clockwise before I figured out what I was looking at :)
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

And relax

Can send that pic direct
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

And relax

Can send that pic direct
    Looks like a customer review pic for www.dudepruner.com

😄

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS