Good customer service from Wahoo

I have had a Wahoo Bolt 2 for 18 months. Recently the bottom right button on the front that is used to change page has become very intermittent in responding to presses.

With difficulty I managed to negotiate the Customer Services web page and report this and asked if they did either service or replacement for this device in the UK.

A wonderful response - my ailing device has been collected by DPD and a new one will be with me in 4-5 days.

The email from them said "Needless to say, this isn't the experience we'd wish our customers to have".

Comments

• Had a similar experience last year with my wahoo elemnt, for something far more trivial. Straight replacement, no quibbles and the replacement was the mk2 so an upgrade.
    I won't say what the issue was, as to be fair I don't really want to expose them to anyone trying it on.
  • Defblade
    Defblade Posts: 142
    This thread just convinced me to buy a new HR monitor (my 3 year old cheapie from amazon has finally given up... I've been having to take the back off each time as it doesn't auto-off properly, and now the plastic is so chewed up it barely came off tonight...) direct from Wahoo instead of trying to save a few quid buying from a random dodgy amazon seller, or getting another chinese cheapie.
    So if anyone from Wahoo is watching, good service definitely does lead to more sales :)
  • Their aftersales/ support needs to be good, because tbh, their products probably have a larger failure rate than some others.

When I first bought the original Bolt v1 years ago, it took x3 attempts to get a non-defective one. Then the Tickr......oh gawd, the Tickr! First one I bought failed instantly, 2nd one not much better. Went to Garmin after that. More recently, decided to try the Tickr again. First one started giving whack-readings after a few weeks. Now on current one, so fingers crossed.

Don't get me wrong- love their products- got a Roam v2 which is great, along with the Tickr. I'm just arguing that their support is good because......it has to be.
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    paulbnix said:

I have had a Wahoo Bolt 2 for 18 months. Recently the bottom right button on the front that is used to change page has become very intermittent in responding to presses.

With difficulty I managed to negotiate the Customer Services web page and report this and asked if they did either service or replacement for this device in the UK.

A wonderful response - my ailing device has been collected by DPD and a new one will be with me in 4-5 days.

The email from them said "Needless to say, this isn't the experience we'd wish our customers to have".

I emailed Wahoo about pretty much the same problem yesterday.

My right button has stopped working completely though after just over 2 years of ownership. I can still change pages with the buttons on the hoods of my Di2 but it's not ideal.

Hoping they will just replace the unit which I think they will as whenever I've contacted support they've been spot on.
  • hpaul
    hpaul Posts: 114
    That's why I left Garmin and switched to them. Kickr about 3 years, flawless. Had 3 tacx flux replaced then when Garmin acquired I was very lucky to get a refund from Halfords. Bolt v1 4 years, flawless. The tickr has been shocking, have them 3 or so years. I cant complain as I've never had to actually pay for one other than the 1st. I think I've had 2 tickr and then they give me a tickr x, I'm on my second of those. My wife's has been fine. But then my sweat is, better not getting into that.

I bought the rival in March. I'm not dying about it. But it works. It replaced a Garmin Fenix 3hr. Honestly I regret that swap.

Garmin customer service angers my absolute s**t. They refuse to accept fault with their product, to the point of almost accusing you of misuse. Their game I expect is so you give up. I do like their products, the watch is probably the best kit I've ever owned tbh.