'ning

windy, met office pythia forecasting uv index 12

ride cafe bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    edited July 2023
    Headed into town, luckily my 8am meeting was rescheduled for a less anti-social time. Also meet our new HR 'business partner' today - hopefully he will he slightly better than the last one, who we had moved off our division for being as useful as a chocolate teapot.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Work interrupting play during child free week. Very soggy forecast until after lunch.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Work snizzle whilst the rest of the house just relax 🙄
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Chaos for the next few days, lots to do and my bank card has just decided to play hide and seek before going on holiday!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Meh. Need a pedal.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Me too, after the weekends downpours it isn't going to happen until next weekend where pics will be provided for the interwebaneers.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    lazy morning, quick ride, cafe, shop, cafe, making a batch of curry with double extra chillis, still rather cloudy, hope it burns off soon

morning view from the helipad, with hoppy towers in the distance

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    I did pedal. It was cool and windy.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Didn't want to come to work today, it's been as good as I expected unfortunately. Put my phone in a plastic bag and wore my overshoes for the wobble in, this ensured the rain held off long enough for me to get here. Heavens opened less than 10 minutes later. Should be dry for the wobble home. SG and B³ are winning at today by the looks of things.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Yep, clouds fecked off a while ago, and the sun is righteous this afternoon. Finally my plague-induced cough and fatigue is easing off. I've done not much except sleep. Waste of money really.
  • pinno

Yep, clouds fecked off a while ago, and the sun is righteous this afternoon. Finally my plague-induced cough and fatigue is easing off. I've done not much except sleep. Waste of money really.

No, you're body is saying rest.
    Have a dodgy immune system, get a cold and then suffer narcolepsy. It's infuriating.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Finally stopped raining here but not without a fight especially as soon as I went for ride. Did a few chores and the shower no longer seems to be leaking in to the kitchen. Might need to be careful with fixing things as it could lead to lists of jobs
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    pinno said:

No, you're body is saying rest.
    Have a dodgy immune system, get a cold and then suffer narcolepsy. It's infuriating.
    Yep, glad I've been able to snooze it off, and at least it's not damp and cold here.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    A round trip to The Capital, well to retail parks on the outskirts to collect various Stuff, inc skandi type shelving and cabinets, a few cycling bits from Decathlon and a Costco raid. 2 hours there and 2 back, not the best day to have one of those slightly ducky timmies. All stayed clean though. 👍