saturday om

'ning

still very windy outside, but should be scorchio again by the pool om

ride cafe shop bask om
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Bye su... err, bye Pays de Galles and the lovely cats and hills.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Run in the wet woods, then have a play in my mates e63s as he sensibly decided to walk home last night.

Wet ride over to the old town to go out with friends
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    Cousin is having a gathering in South London before she and her OH head off to Oz on Monday for a few weeks. I'm going on the train despite the strike as I fancy having having a drink or two. Might be able to cadge a lift home with someone.

So no playing in a c63s today :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Winter bike

Summer/holiday bike

Lots of jobs to get done on a damp rainy weekend.
    House party later.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    hurrah, pb-yaiza road has been resurfaced, even though only the old bit really needed it, many km of the smooooothest tarmac

windsock horizontal, bit of a slog outbound, on the way back past it the wind noise vanished at 40kph, 53/11 all the way

beans will be happy that his walking companion is back
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Bye su... err, bye Pays de Galles and the lovely cats and hills.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Gale force drizzle is the order of the day here. Rode yesterday so fortunately I wasn’t planning a ride, managed a session on the board though. Due to go Mrs W’s old work colleagues Golden wedding do but as she’s taken her mum for a scan this morning she might not make it back in time.
    Might get to watch the 🚴‍♀️ instead.
  • This is the worst July I can remember. Three times this week I have got drenched, had to get home shower and wash the bike. Would expect that in winter but never had to do so in summer!

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    38g per wheel saving on the summer version, more that happy with the weight addition for a punctureless spring.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, been doing bits of pottering as directed by the EPO since, she has her book club here on Friday evening so I've got to get things sorted. buying crates of prosecco being the only important thing if you ask me.
    Rather moist out to say the least.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Stevo_666 said:

Cousin is having a gathering in South London before she and her OH head off to Oz on Monday for a few weeks. I'm going on the train despite the strike as I fancy having having a drink or two. Might be able to cadge a lift home with someone.

Seems an unusual time to visit us. Winter. Bleak City. :-) Where're they headed?

Fitted replacement battery to the mower, so that now works again. Some firewood collection out in the paddock, just miscellaneous small stuff, then a longer ride on trainer this arvo.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Seems an unusual time to visit us. Winter. Bleak City. :-) Where're they headed?

Fitted replacement battery to the mower, so that now works again. Some firewood collection out in the paddock, just miscellaneous small stuff, then a longer ride on trainer this arvo.
    Just got back from the party having cadged a lift. They're headed to Sydney, her OH is from there (but been over here for years) and sadly his old dear is on her last legs - 97 yo and is in hospital with multiple health problems. Luckily his brother still lives somewhere outside the city so they have a place to stay.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    sungod said:

Yes indeed. Should I show him this picture?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    pinno said:

sungod said:

Yes indeed. Should I show him this picture?

he already knows, all cats are quantum entangled due to the tabby's presence in our universe, their states correlate even if separated by billions of lightyears

he doesn't mind, though he'd like his picture taken too