summer in retreat

ride cafes wfh bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727
    Moaning,

Bright and blue right now

WAFH today, normally my day off Monday’s but swapped it for last Friday, ho hum

Not a good weekend for Cav, better one for England. Good title SG fancy a curry now LOL
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    edited July 2023
    Early start and on the train into town as there's free dinner and plonk tonight, in return for listening to an advisor drone on for an hour. More fun at the office beckons...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Last day of work snizzle, when I slam the laptop lid down we get into the car and then the delights of an airport hotel
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    Britannia Hotel @ Newcastle airport. Don't do it.

Rain. Last jobs at tenant property.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    pinno said:

Britannia Hotel @ Newcastle airport. Don't do it.

Rain. Last jobs at tenant property.

😂 the current wife has standards
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Did a bit of cleaning before nipping out on the bike. Quite tough in the wind but managed to avoid the forecasted rain. Not sure what the rest of the day has in store. No cycling to watch might see if I can find the climbing lead World Cup to watch as a young man from the UK did quite well.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Currently holed up in a Village Hotel dahn sarf working in the bar, they do speak funny down here.
    I'm expecting a very mediocre sirloin steak after an hours wait as it's pretty busy.
    Will be retiring to my suite soon to enjoy what ever TV they have to offer, gym and pool is busy so avoiding that toningt, might smash out a few lengths in the morning instead.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    @beansnikpoh went to one of those advisor presentations/ dinners and was sat next to your successor at the last place you worked and one of your old advisors (Nick G) on the other side. Small world.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice after a pleasant wobble in. Unfortunately had to drive back in the pool car as exhaust has gone on the family bus. Need a car for tomorrow to get to clever clogs' graduation.
    Have a good holiday TLW and Oxo.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Stevo_666 said:

@beansnikpoh went to one of those advisor presentations/ dinners and was sat next to your successor at the last place you worked and one of your old advisors (Nick G) on the other side. Small world.

I still work a lot with that advisor, just the private client division, so i don't work directly with Nick. My successor was a very impressive individual. I'm sure she's doing a far better job than I ever did.
  • Stevo_666
    edited July 2023

Stevo_666 said:

I still work a lot with that advisor, just the private client division, so i don't work directly with Nick. My successor was a very impressive individual. I'm sure she's doing a far better job than I ever did.
    Yep, she certainly seemed to know her stuff. I had marked her down for not drinking when there was free grog on tap, but then she got up to leave and explained she had to go back to the office to get her bike and ride home so fair play to her.

And she didn't slag you off.

Nick audits me for my sins...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    Yes but does she have nice baps?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,196
    pinno said:

Yes but does she have nice baps?

Depends which bakers she shops at.