friday arrives with a pop

'ning

less nippy, sunny

ride cafes wfh/bask bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Hounds, work snizzle, nip out to see a friends final visit to the pub and then the wake afterwards ๐Ÿ˜ข
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    Weather: meh.

Taking Mrs P and the DW's to a swimming pool far far away whilst I go off for coffee and cake.
    Local one is shut for renovations, so the council allowed JP to use the secondary school pool but it broke down.
    Warm air from a southerly direction forecasted. Does that mean the rain will stop and i'll get a real bike ride on a real road? (60 roller miles yesterday).

Tragic that SUV driver accident in London yesterday.
    Ban the f*cking things.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    pinno said:

Taking Mrs P and the DW's to a swimming pool far far away whilst I go off for coffee and cake.
    Local one is shut for renovations, so the council allowed JP to use the secondary school pool but it broke down.
    Warm air from a southerly direction forecasted. Does that mean the rain will stop and i'll get a real bike ride on a real road? (60 roller miles yesterday).

Ban the f*cking things.

Terrible, last day of school, having a party in the garden ๐Ÿ˜ž It may well have happened with a smaller car too but there are an awful lot of people driving these tanks in the area, particularly before and after school, who donโ€™t seem to have much experience driving.
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Stunning day down sarf. Crowds happily trotting up the hill to the tennis.

Happy Friday everyone.
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    Morning folks,

Surprisingly good kip, so less need for coffee than usual. WFH while fencing bloke finishes off from earlier this week, just doing final sign offs on our first quarter results then roll into the weekend with a few things planned.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Ban the f*cking things.

Terrible, last day of school, having a party in the garden ๐Ÿ˜ž It may well have happened with a smaller car too but there are an awful lot of people driving these tanks in the area, particularly before and after school, who donโ€™t seem to have much experience driving.
    It's awful, but I don't think it's the type of car, though maybe a lighter one wouldn't have caused so many injuries, or not killed the poor girl.

The way the roads are set up, to break down the fence, go over the lawn and hit the school building hard, she can only have been coming out of the golf club, accelerated hard straight on over the kerb and into the fence, and not braked at any stage. Unless for whatever awful reason it was deliberate, you'd have to be falling down drunk, or have had some kind of medical episode to do that.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    ^^ This.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Friday did indeed start with a pop, something popped in my knee and isn't right today and it's like a balloon.
    Well it hasn't been right for a while but it wasn't troubling me too much.
    Paint the decking later followed by a dip in the tub.
    Possibly a ride in the morning depending on said knee then off to see James in Halifax at The Piece Hall.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,668
    Afternoon all. Bloomin' scorchio here. Lovely! Day off work too. Not riding as like HD my knee is giving me gyp.
    Sadly our neighbour passed away yesterday. Very sad. Known him for 26 years. Lovely chap. Developed Lymphoma and he went from apparently fit and active to dead in three weeks. His wife is in bits. They were married for 40 odd years.
    Bummer.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• pinno

Friday did indeed start with a pop, something popped in my knee and isn't right today and it's like a balloon.
    Possibly a ride in the morning depending on said knee then off to see James in Halifax at The Piece Hall.

Very hilly drive that. It must be the hilliest stretch of busy road I know.
  • pinno

Afternoon all. Bloomin' scorchio here. Lovely! Day off work too. Not riding as like HD my knee is giving me gyp.
    Sadly our neighbour passed away yesterday. Very sad. Known him for 26 years. Lovely chap. Developed Lymphoma and he went from apparently fit and active to dead in three weeks. His wife is in bits. They were married for 40 odd years.
    Bummer.

That's rough.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

Bummer.

Not good ๐Ÿ˜
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Ban the f*cking things.

Cars or people who can't drive them safely?

Volunteering at a local festival this week. Seen some right bellends driving around, mostly older people in small cars. One even floored it straight at a friend who was trying to get her to stop so an ambulance could get through.
  • thistle_
    Hi btw.

Sunny and cloudy here. Not quite scorchio, and pretty breezy.

Waiting for a new phone to arrive so I can finally join the 2020s.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    pinno said:

Very hilly drive that. It must be the hilliest stretch of busy road I know.
    ?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    A touch warm here, managed a session on the board despite the heat while the missus washed both our cars ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ It must because her mate is round and Iโ€™m not sure Iโ€™ve ever washed mine.๐Ÿ˜Ž Later will be the village pub for a meal which means that we may need to take out a mortgage again.
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

Hi btw.

Sunny and cloudy here. Not quite scorchio, and pretty breezy.

Waiting for a new phone to arrive so I can finally join the 2020s.

Hi.