Comments

• Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    ddraver said:

Kittel on ITV4 looks exceptional by the way

#DuHastDieHareSchoen

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    Think Cav just checked his effort when he came into shot - probably thought too early and looked for a wheel then seeing none went for it. If he'd just powered straight through maybe JP doesn't get on his wheel ? Did look to have enough in reserve though.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,917
    petemadoc said:

Cav says his gears jumped mid sprint !!!

Bloody electric fishing kit.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    ddraver said:
    You can see him look down at his gears just as his kick is taking flight. What a shame.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154
    Blyth called an issue with his gears as soon as they started analysing the finish in the studios so not talking bollocks today.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    Yes good spot by him - I thought he'd just hesitated. What a time to have a mechanical.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Pross
    Stages 11 and 21 seem to be the only remaining chances. Stage 19 a possible but I think it's an uphill sprint. Quite light on genuine sprint stages this year.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790

The more I look at it the worse that deviation looks tbh

It's not that bad
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,702
    Pross said:

Stages 11 and 21 seem to be the only remaining chances. Stage 19 a possible but I think it's an uphill sprint. Quite light on genuine sprint stages this year.

Stage 18 is a definite sprint stage.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Friebe suggesting a Protest (?) has been put in, but also that it has been swiftly rejected...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • jimmyjams
    jimmyjams Posts: 777
    When asked if he thought Philipsen's move towards Girmay was 'clean' or not, Bernie Eisel answered “sprinting is a man's sport and it should stay so“. Neither he nor Jens Voigt considered it warranted penalising, but Voigt said it being the third occasion Philipsen's behaviour has been close to questionable, the jury may be less tolerant next time.

Who could end up being penalised is Groenewegen. In the sprint he bumped shoulders twice with another rider (I think it was Meeus) and on neither occasion did it look like it was accidental (like is bound to happen in some sprints) rather he appeared to purposely lean over against Meeus.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    When Cav hit the front it was a real goosebumps moment. Real shame he couldn't quite hang on.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    mrb123 said:

When Cav hit the front it was a real goosebumps moment. Real shame he couldn't quite hang on.

My 5 year olds's never seen me shout at the TV before.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Cav blaming his equipment
    Win isn't far away.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    Having slept on it I think yesterday shows how far off phillipsen he is. As exciting as it was Phillipsen covered it with ease. Feels like yesterday was his last hoorah to me.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Pross

Pross said:

Stage 18 is a definite sprint stage.
    Yeah, it’s a weird one. The Tour website classes it as hilly but I’m only has a few 4th cat climbs. There’s an unclassified lump about 15km from the finish then it looks to be downhill from there to the finish.
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,028

Win isn't far away.

This.
    He has been all smiles and positivity. Now grumpy as hell.

This is the Cav we know and love..
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    gsk82 said:

Having slept on it I think yesterday shows how far off phillipsen he is. As exciting as it was Phillipsen covered it with ease. Feels like yesterday was his last hoorah to me.

Are you not taking Cav's gear issue into consideration?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,702
    daniel_b said:

gsk82 said:

Are you not taking Cav's gear issue into consideration?
    Put it this way, if he is, then he's wrong.
    Cav does seem to get more of his fair share of mechanicals at the pointy end of sprint stages.
    Who's to say it won't be Jasper's turn next?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642

Win isn't far away.

Bloody Shimano eh? Can't rely on it when you need it 😜