wednesday has a magnetic moment

'ning

forecast nippy start, post deluge sogginess

ride, cafes, wfh/tdf, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,888
    Hounds, work, deal with the shit from SIL as they try and grab everything from the MILs house whilst she is still in it๐Ÿคฌ

Run and a few beers later with pals, I imagine it will be a rather short and slow shuffle
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,595
    12c, brrr, gilet and baselayer, july

stopped for a restorative double espresso on the way back
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Hopefully a decent stage today. Wfh.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,463

Oh come on; we had a decent last 3 km's yesterday.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Morning Vandals

Activities for the DW's today so i'm playing Dad's taxi and trying to square a circle or circle a square. One of the two.
    Cows are gone so maybe adventure action later for Beans and I.

Looks like another roller sesh but at least it won't be as boring as yesterday's TdF stage.
    Can't see Cav winning one.
    Pyrenees today. Maybe some action. Why another downhill before a finish?. I dunno.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,747
    Morning folks,

Break in the work proceedings. Fencing continues - silly cow next door came knocking complaining that dancing bloke had taken some shrubs out from her side while doing the fence. We pointed out that the fence was now a little way onto our property (as we didn't want to put anything right next to her oil tank) so anything that had been taken out was on our side and that she'd just got a bit of extra land. Some people...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    Stevo_666 said:

Morning folks,

Break in the work proceedings. Fencing continues - silly cow next door came knocking complaining that dancing bloke had taken some shrubs out from her side while doing the fence. We pointed out that the fence was now a little way onto our property (as we didn't want to put anything right next to her oil tank) so anything that had been taken out was on our side and that she'd just got a bit of extra land. Some people...

witness the birth of a future boundary dispute :smiley:
  • Stevo_666
    sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

Morning folks,

She's not fussed about that and we're happy with it, it's more about the plants that apparently gave her 'privacy' - if she happened to be standing on the steps on her side and we happened to in a partivular spot in our garden at the same time then we might see each other...she's more than welcome to plant stuff on her side of the fence, we've given her permission to use that bit of our land :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,448
    Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

Morning folks,

She's not fussed about that and we're happy with it, it's more about the plants that apparently gave her 'privacy' - if she happened to be standing on the steps on her side and we happened to in a partivular spot in our garden at the same time then we might see each other...she's more than welcome to plant stuff on her side of the fence, we've given her permission to use that bit of our land :smile:
    I donโ€™t think Iโ€™d want to see you sunbathing in the nude either to be fair.
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • Stevo_666
    edited July 2023
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

Morning folks,

I donโ€™t think Iโ€™d want to see you sunbathing in the nude either to be fair.
    Nor the other way round.
  • sungod
    Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

Morning folks,

i was thinking future after a sale or two...
  • Stevo_666
    edited July 2023
    sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

Morning folks,

i was thinking future after a sale or two...
    By time we sell I'll be too old to care or pushing up daisies: they've been there since 2006 and aren't going anywhere. Anyway, neighbours can hardly complain if the fence is on our side :smile:
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,049
    Been on site, been on zoom and randomly, does anyone have a digital copy of BS5395 part 4?
    If you (or your mate of a mate does) and could get it to me it would be appreciated.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,367
    Afternoon folks,
    Big storm last night, had to go out on the terrace and secure some bits at 3am and got soaked through. This morning dawned bright and sunny. Went for a walk through Verona, went up the funicular and walked down, visited aunty and borrowed uncle's car to go and visit one of my cousins, had a very fine ice cream at the gelateria in Parona run by the former double downhill MTB world champion.
    Now relaxing for a little while before going out for food and flying home.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    pinno said:

Oh come on; we had a decent last 3 km's yesterday.
    Today was a little bit better I thought.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    The slugs keep coming not as many but they are still there, the little f@ckers.
    Out with the crinklies a mere 125 miles might not be doing much tomorrow other putting sudcreme on my @rse.
    How much beer do you need to drink to avoid cramp.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,367
    Flight delayed, stuck in the airport for another hour at least. Won't get home until gone 2 ๐Ÿ™„
    webboo said:

How much beer do you need to drink to avoid cramp.

Keep drinking until it doesn't hurt
  • pinno
    edited July 2023

Been on site, been on zoom and randomly, does anyone have a digital copy of BS5395 part 4?
    If you (or your mate of a mate does) and could get it to me it would be appreciated.

@homers_double

This?:

I have emailed a builder, I also know an installation engineer, so I have asked the builder but won't see the installation engineer until tomorrow if need be.
    Can you give me more please? What is the section titled as?

Permanently Installed Fall Protection Systems ?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/33612/pg_03_10.pdf
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,049
    Thanks but not that, its Code of practice for the design of stairs for limited access

Mainly within an industrial environment, think automation plant with maintenance areas which need stair to get to.
    Advocate of disc brakes.