nippy soggy cloudy, the summer trinity

cafe stroll wfh, ram sense into gmc punter of gmc punter of gmc, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,466
    Morning Visigoths

Quiet in here innit.
    Another boring sprint fest today in the TdF and lots of people talking bollox for hours.
    Yesterday's sprint was slightly entertaining.

Meeting potential new tenant this morning.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,889
    Hounds walked, working whilst a house full of teenagers sleep.

Later is pub with a pal and maybe a fun bike ride first (if I can fit into my shoes)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,368
    Morning folks,
    Warm and sunny at the moment, just been to the bar for coffee and brioche. Forecast to be stormy later, seems appropriate for a funeral.
    Good luck ramming sense into a punter sg, hopefully not some fool that believes the customer is always right. Which isn't what was intended by the original speaker anyway. Likewise, hope tenant isn't batshit Piña.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,050
    Hope the funeral goes as well as it can Steve. I find that generally, at funerals once the formalities are over they tend to be quite jovial as lots of family members who maybe haven't seen each other for a while meet up over a few wines.

Quote crunching today, Will Cav be victorious tonight? Will the barriers be straighter? Who knows...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

Likewise, hope tenant isn't batshit Piña.

Steady candidate. I know his mum well. He'll have a landlord and a landlady.
    Just a straight hard working bloke; no ego, no bullsh*t, polite.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,889
    Good luck v68
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,754

Morning folks,
    Warm and sunny at the moment, just been to the bar for coffee and brioche. Forecast to be stormy later, seems appropriate for a funeral.

Hope all goes as well as can be expected for a funeral V.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,754
    Decent kip after yesterday's communt. Spending a day in the cave while fencing blokes do the next round of hound containment. Time for another coffee before the next meeting...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,453
    pinno said:

Morning Visigoths

Quiet in here innit.
    Another boring sprint fest today in the TdF and lots of people talking bollox for hours.
    Yesterday's sprint was slightly entertaining.

Meeting potential new tenant this morning.

Laters

Quite enjoyed the talking bollox and scenery (pre Carlton Kirby) Riders seemed very relaxed for a change. Come on Cav!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Wimbledon roads surprisingly quiet this morning. Cycle was right choice though as I managed to dodge the police cordon on the closed A3. Something with a tent over it on the road which I hope wasn’t a dead body. Roll on home time.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,599
    harvey nicks just delivered, sheer laziness, some bubbly and i saw these and obviously had to have them...

gold-plated pineapple cocktail nibbles picks :smiley:

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,571
    Fairly meh day. Early start into town for an ultrasound scan of parts various. Off after that to collect Other Half from dropping his car at the mechanic's workshop for a front suspension transplant.

Roundabout trip home, including a lunch stop, then an afternoon of very little achievement.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    sungod said:

harvey nicks just delivered, sheer laziness, some bubbly and i saw these and obviously had to have them...

gold-plated pineapple cocktail nibbles picks :smiley:

Kebab skewers.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    I'm going to cancel my eurosport subscription at this rate. They all seem to be asleep at the mo. I'm sure they'll wake up later.
  • seanoconn

I'm going to cancel my eurosport subscription at this rate. They all seem to be asleep at the mo. I'm sure they'll wake up later.

May as well have been a rest day. Let the sprinters enter a 1k sprint if they like. Pointless atm
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,741
    Bugrit, back on the eye injections, the eye drops alternative approach not working too well. Bleep knows how many I've had now since 2016. Bus over, bus back, both the fast service, get totally drenched on the 10 minute walk back home from bus stop. Summer time, and the living is easy... is it?

Time to pour a glass.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,368
    Evening folks,
    Thanks for all the good wishes, bloody knackered now, but all done. Service was in a lovely old church where family have been going for donkeys years, priest reckons he'd known my uncle for over 60 years. Lots of people turned up. I got up and said a few words at the end for the old dear as she was too upset to do so. Public speaking, in Italian, in sweltering heat when feeling rather emotional is not something I ever wish to repeat.
    Went back to my aunt's after for drinks and nibbles with a few others, then close family stayed on for pizza. Just been for a walk and an ice cream.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Well done on the speech V.