edited July 2023 in The bottom bracket
'ning

verging on nippy

ride cafes wfh bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,888
    Shuffle along with the hounds and then work stuff.

Later might be the club for an ice bath and sauna followed by a work out at the bar
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,463
    In your Tutu TLW?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Morning Ostrogoths

Nippy and breezy. Meh
    1st day of hols. Meh.
    1st sprint day. Meh. (Cav should get in a breakaway from the off).

There's always coffee.

UAE burning more powder yesterday.
    Lets hope for cross winds and echelons.
  • pinno
    Post then you shuffling, lurking, skulking loafer @seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,448
    Crowds tottering up the hill to Wimbledon already, bit of a buzz about the place. Sore hip needs fixing before back on the bike tomorrow.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    The slugs are back this morning 126 collected, only 10 yesterday. The missus cutting the grass and yesterdays rain seems to have encouraged the little sods.
    Been told to water the garden but it’s forecast to rain, so I will go for a ride hopefully before it rains and see what happens.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Crowds tottering up the hill to Wimbledon already, bit of a buzz about the place. Sore hip needs fixing before back on the bike tomorrow.

How exactly are you going to fix it before tomorrow?
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Stretch the hell out of it and ibuprofen, hardcore tlw1 stylie👍
    Need to go to Putney before work and with with Wimbledon tennis closing all the short cuts for plebs, traffic will be a nightmare without the bike.
  • seanoconn
    webboo said:

Morning
    The slugs are back this morning 126 collected, only 10 yesterday. The missus cutting the grass and yesterdays rain seems to have encouraged the little sods.
    Been told to water the garden but it’s forecast to rain, so I will go for a ride hopefully before it rains and see what happens.

You’ll be in the doghouse if it doesn’t rain. What time will you start to watch TDF?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,888
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Stretch the hell out of it and ibuprofen, hardcore tlw1 stylie👍
    Need to go to Putney before work and with with Wimbledon tennis closing all the short cuts for plebs, traffic will be a nightmare without the bike.
    Work for me 😂
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,367
    No folks,
    In a Belgian airport, should probably get a beer 🍺
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,595
    you'll need the warming effect v, it's bloody nippy here
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,746
    Quite fresh on the bike this morning which at least woke me up a bit, but will be warmer on the way back, just have to dodge the showers. Lots of torturing numbers and dealing with general idiocy from far away time zones in the meantime.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    seanoconn said:

webboo said:

Morning

You’ll be in the doghouse if it doesn’t rain. What time will you start to watch TDF?
    Fortunately it p!ssed down just after I got back from my ride, sort of drizzling now. I might start watching the tour after I’ve made my lunch.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,367
    sungod said:

you'll need the warming effect v, it's bloody nippy here

Indeed, 15 and cloudy in Brussels, now 27 and sunny spells in Verona, much better 👍
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,740
    And The Wind continues to blow here.

Just pressed the Go button on the next phase of The Project, PVs batteries and hybrid ASHP. Maybe I should have gone the wind turbine route... 🤔 (no I shouldn't, too many planning hurdles).

New roof work pretty much complete. Guys have done a good job, happy with.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,049
    Busy busy as seems to be the daily routine at the minute.

Walk with the pooch later followed by TDF highlights and an early night.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,746
    T'was a bit blustery on the way back - side gusts turnd into head winds part way through the ride but I kept going quite fast as I didn't fancy slowing down too much on the Walworth Road...

Have rewarded myself with tramp fuel for trying so hard.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]