• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,463
    Morning rotten sand hoppers

Bit cool, breezy and meh.

Meh.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    I'd be knackered too after carrying that massive thing on my wrist for 16hrs.

Why? err I mean, well done BTW.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,888
    pinno said:

I'd be knackered too after carrying that massive thing on my wrist for 16hrs.

Why? err I mean, well done BTW.

Because I dont think I can
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Slugs seem to be getting the message only 59 today. Since then things have gone downhill. Eurosport seems to have b*ggered off only to be replaced by discovery at more money, just as the Tour starts. Need to to go for a ride but I’m looking at the trees being bent double by the wind.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,747
    edited July 2023
    Good lie in. Neck not so painful now so bike ride on the cards some time over the weekend.

One lot of neighbours coming round to tell us about their plans to build a wall between the end of their garden and a section of ours so have been reading up on the party wall act. Should be fun...

In other news, junior lands back today after 2 weeks up near Leeds.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,740
    Fed watered prepped and ready for the ride. But it's windy and these mizzle clouds keep appearing and disappearing. Do I wait more and 🤞 for a clear enough spell? Or do I say boxxox and head to the gym instead? July 1st... must be autumn.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Good lie in. Neck not so painful now so bike ride on the cards some time over the weekend.

One lot of neighbours coming round to tell us about their plans to build a wall between the end of their garden and a section of ours so have been reading up on the party wall act. Should be fun...

It's those hounds getting out innit.
    If the wall has some aestheticism, then why not?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,747
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

It's those hounds getting out innit.
    If the wall has some aestheticism, then why not?
    Funnily enough the hounds dont escape that way and we've got the fencers in next week to sort out the last weak points of the hound security compound, sorry - back garden.

True, we'll see what they come up with on the design. Just need to make sure they do it all on their side so then if we don't like it, we can put a fence up on the boundary to cover it. Plus we already have fence on either side on the boundary with 2 other neighbours who live either side of them on their close. So fence - wall - fence might look a bit pants.

I'll set Mrs. 666 on them if they get shirty.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,571
    Ordinary start, cold and grey, but it did at least improve through the day. Did an oil and filter change on other half's car because it was overdue. Fiddled about rearranging the machinery in the workshop to fit the new bandsaw in, hopefully that will work but will see. Glued up the remaining 4 drawer bodies, ready for bases to be fitted tomorrow and that's finally the end of that nightmare.

Bit bored with the winter here though.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,049
    edited July 2023
    Afternoon pronouns.

Wet ride this morning, local festival this afternoon.

RMP
    Manchester to Bangkok.
    Bangkok to Koh Samui
    Koh Samui to Krabi
    Krabi to Manchester.
    X5

A rather expensive day today but I'm cashing in on the tesco clubcard point! (tesco bank CC)
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

Afternoon pronouns.

Wet ride this morning, local festival this afternoon.

RMP
    Manchester to Bangkok.
    Bangkok to Koh Samui
    Koh Samui to Krabi
    Krabi to Manchester.
    X5

A rather expensive day today but I'm cashing in on the tesco clubcard point! (tesco bank CC)

Koh Samui. Ooo, look at you.
  • pinno
    how many club card points do you have?!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,595
    tdf off to a good start, no namby pamby prologue, hilly basque
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Well I did go for a ride and it was a case of 11 mph one way and 38 mph coming back.
    There was more than a few moments when I went past a gap in the road side hedge when I found myself suddenly on the other side of the road. Fortunately Mrs W has replenished our alcohol based recovery drinks so I can calm my nerves.
    Apparently it will be same tomorrow near gale. Take care girls and boys
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,367
    edited July 2023
    Evening folks,
    There appears to be a cheerleader convention in Verona, most odd. Saw aunt, went for walk, had beer and pizza.
    HD, if you get to Koh Lanta go visit the roundhouse and tell the boss I said hi, an old friend from school days, she’s great fun.