2nd seat clamp to stop slippage?

Evening all, I swapped my old mountain bike for a new gravel bike, which worked quite nicely over the last 2 weeks on my daily route, which is a mix of local roads, cycle lanes and hard trotten Forrest tracks.
The only downside is the seat which keeps slipping slowly down.
Seems to be a rarer version of 2 small Allen screws pressing a metal piece against the seat post (pic attached) I can Fasten the screws only so much without breaking them off.

I am wondering if a solution could be to fasten the small screws as much as possible and then use a second seat clamp like this (https://www.tredz.co.uk/.BBB-BSP-80-The-Strangler-Seat-Clamp_60885.htm) which would then rest on top of seat stay, and is just there r to prevent the seat from slipping down.

It is there a risk this clamp do some damage to the frame ?

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    If it’s new get in touch with the retailer before you start adapting it. It’s not fit for purpose they should fix it.
  • Ebbisham
    Ebbisham Posts: 8
    Thanks, I will raise the question. But to be fair, I had the same issue with my old bike, which had a clamp like the one in my link. I ended up fastening it so tight that I was concerned the lever would break off when flipping it around
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    edited June 2023
    Ebbisham said:

Thanks, I will raise the question. But to be fair, I had the same issue with my old bike, which had a clamp like the one in my link. I ended up fastening it so tight that I was concerned the lever would break off when flipping it around

If it slips when you tighten to correct torque , it’s faulty. Take it back and get them to sort it. They sold it to you so it’s their responsibility to sort it out.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Have you torqued them with a torque wrench to know you are tight enough? If it just done by feel you might not be anywhere near. The danger of course is going too far....

Use some carbon assembly paste for added grip.

I have an Answer cf stem that has a second ring provided, exactly as you describe. You can clamp that reasonably tight and then there is less worry of overtightening the frame clamp.
  • Ebbisham
    Ebbisham Posts: 8
    Yes, maybe I start with a torque wrench. Only have a big one for the car. Fastening the screws on my bike usually by feel. I have a look for a bike specific one