'ning

gloomygrey

ride cafe stroll wfh bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,888
    edited June 2023
    The family are off to Alton towers today and I’m going part of the way to pick up a car for the youngest prom, had the chance of a 250 lusso but he wanted a Delorean, doesn’t he care what I want? 🙄

Work snizzle and finish packing kit
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,463
    Morning Two-timing Tartar Twisters

Gopping overnight.
    Ints. today.

Can someone tell Beans he is a cat please?
    Need to find a self help cat manual. 'Being a Cat for dummies'?

9.45 pm Beans comes back from the ditch worth studying - drenched. Towelled him off all kicking and scrapping and purring.
    He goes back out...
    Repeat ^ process.
    He goes back out again.
    Repeat process.

?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

The family are off to Alton towers today and I’m going part of the way to pick up a car for the youngest prom, had the chance of a 250 lusso but he wanted a Delorean, doesn’t he care what I want? 🙄

You just wanted to be like him:

When I was 8, I wanted to be Charles Bronson or Yul Brinner or any of the magnificent 7.
    I could be Yul Brinner now :smile:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,448
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

When I was 8, I wanted to be Charles Bronson or Yul Brinner or any of the magnificent 7.
    Proof that you should never give up on your dreams 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Gopping overnight.
    Ints. today.

9.45 pm Beans comes back from the ditch worth studying - drenched. Towelled him off all kicking and scrapping and purring.
    He goes back out...
    Repeat ^ process.
    He goes back out again.
    Repeat process.

?

You need cat cam attached to his collar to see what he’s up to.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,747
    pinno said:

Beat me to it. Although Renton from 'Trainspotting' is probably a closer match :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,595
    pinno said:

Gopping overnight.
    Ints. today.

He goes back out...
    Repeat ^ process.
    He goes back out again.
    Repeat process.

?

he goes out, has fun
    gets a nice rub down from his personal attendant
    repeats
  • Stevo_666
    sungod said:

pinno said:

Gopping overnight.
    Ints. today.

He goes back out...
    Repeat ^ process.
    He goes back out again.
    Repeat process.

?

he goes out, has fun
    repeats
    He appears to have Pinno well trained.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Morning Peeps,

Another day WFH but plenty to do. Mrs. 666 is having one of her mates round for a natter so I'll stay down in the cave. Next round of the garden project gets underway soon.
  • seanoconn
    sungod said:

pinno said:

Gopping overnight.
    Ints. today.

He goes back out...
    Repeat ^ process.
    He goes back out again.
    Repeat process.

?

he goes out, has fun
    repeats
    A word @sungod

It was international pineapple day yesterday! Not a mention? 😕
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

What a car 😍
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Did you not explain to him which cars can snap knicker elastic at 50 paces? :)
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Delorean's and Ferrari 250: wrong demographic.
    [Unless you want to snap Damart Elastic].
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,464
    Morning. Yoof of today couldn't tell a good car from a cool car. I blame Top Gear.
    Most of the cars I had had the opposite effect of snapping knicker elastic. More of a chastity belt effect.

Bike commute today. Wetter with sweat after the shower than I was in the shower. Muggy.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,740
    The race is on. Band of rain showing on the radar over Norn Ironed, heading this way. Roofers doing the strip off old, reboard and membrane for last section of roof. Doing it bit by bit so 🤞 no water ingress a-comin'.

Elsewise interior fettling, paint repairing etc continues.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Do 911s do the job?
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Do 911s do the job?
    He rejected that too
  • pinno
    edited June 2023
    orraloon said:

The race is on. Band of rain showing on the radar over Norn Ironed, heading this way. Roofers doing the strip off old, reboard and membrane for last section of roof. Doing it bit by bit so 🤞 no water ingress a-comin'.

Better get a shifty on:

• Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Do 911s do the job?
    He rejected that too
    Kids these days eh? Should have given him the Inbetweeners option.

• photonic69
    edited June 2023
    Nah. Arrive in style...

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,571
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

What a car 😍
    + 1.

To be fair, that guy had taste.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    edited June 2023

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

What a car 😍
    + 1.

To be fair, that guy had taste.

True.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,740
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

Better get a shifty on:

Result! Membraning completed, first few spits of moisture in the air. Perfectly judged or lucky? Who can tell. Faites vos jeux mesdames et monsieurs.

I use that website's rain radar thang, useful. Think was you posted link to it first a while back?
  • sungod
    edited June 2023
    seanoconn said:

sungod said:

pinno said:

Gopping overnight.
    Ints. today.

He goes back out...
    Repeat ^ process.
    He goes back out again.
    Repeat process.

?

he goes out, has fun
    repeats
    A word @sungod

i was sporting a pineapple motif at the cafe...
    https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/product/hartford/clothing/printed-shirts/palm-mc-pat-convertible-collar-printed-linen-and-cotton-blend-shirt/1647597292335725
  • photonic69
    sungod said:

seanoconn said:

sungod said:

pinno said:

Gopping overnight.
    Ints. today.

He goes back out...
    Repeat ^ process.
    He goes back out again.
    Repeat process.

?

he goes out, has fun
    repeats
    A word @sungod

i was sporting a pineapple motif at the cafe...
    https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/product/hartford/clothing/printed-shirts/palm-mc-pat-convertible-collar-printed-linen-and-cotton-blend-shirt/1647597292335725

150 nicker for a pineapple print, short sleeve shirt? You've been had, my son.

• sungod
    got mine in the sale :smiley:
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,049
    Currently trying to bring back an iPhone from the dead after it being trapped in a car door and having the front and back replaced.
    Fun and games in the engineering world resulting in a 500 mile round trip tomorrow, thankfully not for me!
    Rent-a-dog arriving tonight for a few weeks so should be lots of steps in the bag.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,571
    Cold day. Into town to do a few errands, and shop for stuff. Odds and ends for OH's car to do a basic service this weekend. Bought myself a couple of new gadgets for the workshop - a proper bandsaw, and associated accessories. Also a mobile pedestal for my old router table, which - helpfully - came in a box of 100 parts, and not a single instruction leaflet. Not even the usual Chinglish. Good thing there was a picture of the finished product on the box.

Assembled it eventually and works fine.

Shed workshop corner will need rearranging to accommodate New Thing. Shifted a pile of boards, moved all the WIP off one bench and shifted *that* a few feet sideways. Tomorrow, when (ok, if) it is slightly less freezing in there, will finish the job. Currently have 28 drawer bodies stacked up, 4 more to do for the project, then a big job to sand and finish all that lovely hardwood, and start building the joinery to house them all.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,049
    ITS ALIVE!!!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

Better get a shifty on:

Result! Membraning completed, first few spits of moisture in the air. Perfectly judged or lucky? Who can tell. Faites vos jeux mesdames et monsieurs.

I use that website's rain radar thang, useful. Think was you posted link to it first a while back?
    Yep. Very handy in these parts.

Sun sun sun... 'till your daddy takes your T-bird away...