tuesday will ignite in the presence of clf3

'ning

cooler, no ride as early early discussion with gmc punter of gmc punter of gmc, about punter's manifold deficiencies, followed by cafe stroll

bit more wfh then bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,888
    Down the toll road to offices for a fun meeting.

Later is a run with sine pals and more kit prep
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,463
    tlw1 said:

Your friends are hypotenuses?
    Is this a love triangle?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Morning terrapins

Gopping but that's okay, could do with rest.

Today will be mowstly administrative duties and pickled onions.

• pinno
    Can you slip some ClF 3 into Putin's tea?
    ...and then the Ukrainians will be free.

See: I can keep up with that @seanoconn bloke.
    [You can stuff your bloody Haiku's]
  • pinno
    Can the DW's hurry up please?
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,463
    Morning all. Surprisingly chilly today despite being 20C. Half asleep. Car in for MOT. Waiting for dreaded phone call at some point this morning.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,463
    Well, apparently it passed! Not bad for a 19 year old car. A few advisories that he'll discuss when I pick it up. Phew!

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• pinno

Morning all. Surprisingly chilly today despite being 20C. Half asleep. Car in for MOT. Waiting for dreaded phone call at some point this morning.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,049
    Managed a half decent 20 miler last night at a reasonable pace. Well, reasonable until it went uphill as I cant really pedal in anger yet.
    Gym this morning and back to work.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    First pedal in to new office. Nice tailwind. Found somewhere to drape my kit. Looks like a junk room, but it's marked as a drying room on the floor plan.

Hungry now. Unaccustomed to the exercise.
  • pinno

First pedal in to new office. Nice tailwind. Found somewhere to drape my kit. Looks like a junk room, but it's marked as a drying room on the floor plan.

Hungry now. Unaccustomed to the exercise.

I thought you were the boss of this outfit/wing. Why can't you find some money out of the building maintenance budget and convert this 'junk room'. Perhaps others would find use too.
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 616

Well, apparently it passed! Not bad for a 19 year old car. A few advisories that he'll discuss when I pick it up. Phew!

Congratulations!

Ours is off to the scrap yard when this MOT expires next year. It's survived 3 bouts of MOT related welding and I haven't got the mental fortitude to put it through another test. It'll be 22 by then; not sure Henry Ford expected the Mk 1 Focus to last that long...
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,448
    pinno said:

Can you slip some ClF 3 into Putin's tea?
    ...and then the Ukrainians will be free.

See: I can keep up with that @seanoconn bloke.
    [You can stuff your bloody Haiku's]

Rhyming tea with free bloody genius, I’ll have to up my game.

Brisk 20miles this morning. Bike purring after some much needed love at the weekend. Too much work, no likey.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,743
    Good sleep, assisted by yesterday's ride and a drop of tramp fuel. Busy morning, back to the quarterly torturing of numbers till they tell me what I want to hear. The Kingdom of Far Far Away is being slightly annoying again.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Your friends are hypotenuses?
    Is this a love triangle?
    For those who see my Strava, these girls would make a fun love triangle 🫣
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,049
    Enjoy your new followers :D
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,367
    Evening folks,
    Another glorious sunny day here. Not done much, bought some provisions of the liquid variety, lounged by the pool.
    Heard from cousins in Verona that my uncle is in hospital and rather unwell. Apparently he went out on his bike the other morning feeling fine, but took a turn for the worst that afternoon. Hopefully he'll pick up and I'll see him Saturday, but rather worried as he is 93.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    Gloriously dull and is just started drizzling, now need to wear a jumper. Is summer over for the year. Took a while to get going, eventually did some exercise and went to vets to get the cats thyroid medication. 87 quid, if you are human on this medication, it’s free and so is any other meds you might need.
    It’s a tough world financially for 🐱 🐈‍⬛
  • veronese68

Goes searching Strava for liverless types...
  • tlw1

You already follow 😂
  • tlw1

Goes searching Strava for liverless types...
    😂
  • pinno

Evening folks,
    Another glorious sunny day here. Not done much, bought some provisions of the liquid variety, lounged by the pool.
    Heard from cousins in Verona that my uncle is in hospital and rather unwell. Apparently he went out on his bike the other morning feeling fine, but took a turn for the worst that afternoon. Hopefully he'll pick up and I'll see him Saturday, but rather worried as he is 93.

93 and riding his bike. Fantastic. Good luck to the fella.
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

Evening folks,

93 and riding his bike. Fantastic. Good luck to the fella.
    He's had an electric bike for a couple of years now, but I think that's acceptable in anyone's book. Managed to talk to him last night and he said he's old, I told him he'd always been full of life and not to stop now.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,743
    Fair play to him. I hope I'm still riding at that age, even if it is 300 yards down the road to the pub. Actually, just being alive at that age will count as a win.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    He’s still going, apparently was trying to unplug things and get out of bed today. They had to give him sedatives to stop him escaping before his immune system improves.