saturday why don't you feed the fish

'ning

lovely mild start, sunday forecast to be even better, though not scorchio

ride hills with aplomb, cafe stop with nonchalance, lounge languidly, sip bubbly elegantly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,595
    sunny start gone cloudy

ride ridden, cafe stroll
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,463
    Looking meh and windy.
    It was biblical last night so I guess the roads might be a mess too.

Going to sit here and hope things improve and then go for what will be a really muggy ride.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,743
    Late start after a lateish finish last night. Warm and humid here so evening ride on the cards. Before that, coffee, hound walk and garden jobs beckon...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,888
    Gentle walk with the hounds after a decent bbq with pals at ours last night.

Now enjoying a cuppa in the hot tub.

Gentle run at some point and then supermarket to get the food etc I need for next weeks race.

Maybe a swim and then the pub later, then more Glastonbury
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,448
    Traffic traffic traffic,
    every fecking where,
    All this fecking traffic,
    Makes me want to swear.

Car duties over for today hopefully. Chill and cocktails today, seaside tomorrow.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,164
    Humid AF here today. Managed to replace the fuel filter on the car and prime the thing using my immense lung capacity.
    It keeps raining, but not heavily enough to clean the car or wash away the diesel spillage.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,367
    Afternoon folks,
    Lounging by the pool for all I'm worth, sunny and scorchio here. Nice meal out at a restaurant in the hills with a fine view last night. Festival in the village tonight, not like Glastonbury, more of the wine variety.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,571
    At least the rain stopped. Local walk this morning to survey progress on the various building sites round here. There's some seriously ugly stuff being built, but as long as I don't have to look at it too often, who cares?

Spent some time swapping cleats on shoes over for use on trainer. Have had Shimano SPD-SL road ones on, and just not happy... went back to Speedplay and all is well... did a nice virtual ride through the Gorges de l'Ardeche, lovely looking place.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,740
    edited June 2023
    You lucky lucky... The grey mizzly start has cleared and the sun and blue skies are back, though a bit breezy. Feeling well crackered today, been a busy couple of weeks with early (for me) starts with the ongoing roof work. So lounging around inside. Will watch some Glasto later. Wonder how Guns N' Roses are these days?

The lucky lucky referred to V68's sun lounging rather than WS's trainer riding
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,448
    orraloon said:

You lucky lucky... The grey mizzly start has cleared and the sun and blue skies are back, though a bit breezy. Feeling well crackered today, been a busy couple of weeks with early (for me) starts with the ongoing roof work. So lounging around inside. Will watch some Glasto later. Wonder how Guns N' Roses are these days?

The lucky lucky referred to V68's sun lounging rather than WS's trainer riding

Guns ‘N’ Roses will be worth a watch hopefully.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon.
    Hot and humid here which added to this mornings struggle to get going. Also not helped by assisting Mrs W yesterday in the garden, hedge trimming and chopping down the nettles, bindweed and brambles on the edge of the field on the other side of the hedge. Must of lost a fair few pounds given the amount of sweating I did.
    Managed a session on the board and some weighted deadhangs this morning.
    Now watching the French Womens national champs looks tough given how many are going out the back.
  • pinno
    Can someone come along and collect these legs please?
    'Cos they are definitely not mine.
    I dunno woss goin' on (in the immortal words of Tricky). Perhaps it's the intervals.

Brutal. Effing brutal:
    Supposed to be 15mins w'up, then 2 x 20 mins at best hour pace, 5 mins rest between and 15 mins cool down but with my feeble carcass, I did 2 x 15 first time round and only 2 x 10 last Tuesday as I was a bit jaded.
    However, the effects are marked.

Anyhoo, good ride had. Stiff head wind out on the flat and wind assisted hilly home. I flew.

Home made Pizza, salad and Vino tonight. Perhaps i'll get the DW's some fancy Gelato.
    Beans is not happy with this mugginess.
  • webboo
    pinno said:

I dunno woss goin' on (in the immortal words of Tricky). Perhaps it's the intervals.

Brutal. Effing brutal:
    Supposed to be 15mins w'up, then 2 x 20 mins at best hour pace, 5 mins rest between and 15 mins cool down but with my feeble carcass, I did 2 x 15 first time round and only 2 x 10 last Tuesday as I was a bit jaded.

Anyhoo, good ride had. Stiff head wind out on the flat and wind assisted hilly home. I flew.

Home made Pizza, salad and Vino tonight. Perhaps i'll get the DW's some fancy Gelato.

Time for an electric bike🤣🤣🤣
  • pinno
    edited June 2023
    webboo said:

pinno said:

Brutal. Effing brutal:

Uh?! My legs are good currently. That's why I don't think that they are mine.
  • webboo
    pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

Brutal. Effing brutal:

I thought you were saying you failed on your interval duration
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

Brutal. Effing brutal:

Did you inadvertently put on Mrs P's legs this morning?

Mrs B³ in Oslo. Mini at a pal's. No doubt the boy will bugger off soon. I've got a chunk of iberico secreto to go on the gas grill, and a bottle of cheap and cheerful Portuguese red to go with it. Bike in the morning to burn it off.
  • pinno

pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

Brutal. Effing brutal:

Did you inadvertently put on Mrs P's legs this morning?

A good theory but on close inspection, they're not as hairy.

[Runs away...]
  • pinno
    webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

Brutal. Effing brutal:

I thought you were saying you failed on your interval duration
    Just straight; nothing between the lines. I'm not a Tory MP.
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Gentle run at some point and then supermarket to get the food etc I need for next weeks race.

Won't it go off by then?

• Stevo_666
    Good but very hot sweaty ride earlier with a couple of tricky climbs thrown in to be a masochist. Now resting my legs with a spot of G&T pain relief thrown in.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Good man stevo. Like the glassware. Do you have a slightly pink tonic, or is that the sunset?
  • pinno

Good man stevo. Like the glassware. Do you have a slightly pink tonic, or is that the sunset?

It's just reflecting his mankini.
  • pinno

• webboo
    Stevo_666 said:

Good but very hot sweaty ride earlier with a couple of tricky climbs thrown in to be a masochist. Now resting my legs with a spot of G&T pain relief thrown in.

Where’s the 🍋 you need to have vitamins as athlete.😆
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,463
    Evening all. Another open day with Sproglette. This Time Birmingham. Bloody amazing campus. Great course too. Fabulous day helps it. Much beer drinking tonight after an early start two days in a row. No riding tomorrow. Hoping for a hangover.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Stevo_666
    edited June 2023

It's slightly pink gin actually, went down well. Glassware is very exclusive, got it from the houseware section in Tesco :)
  • Stevo_666
    webboo said:

Stevo_666 said:

Surely juniper counts as one of my 5 a day? :)
  • webboo
    Stevo_666 said:

webboo said:

Stevo_666 said:

Surely juniper counts as one of my 5 a day? :)
    Good point and there’s the quinine as well. It’s practically a health drink.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,367

Evening all. Another open day with Sproglette. This Time Birmingham. Bloody amazing campus. Great course too. Fabulous day helps it. Much beer drinking tonight after an early start two days in a row. No riding tomorrow. Hoping for a hangover.

It's a lovely campus, as I said the lad enjoyed it. Student digs in Shelley Oak are cheap, but it's a bit of a dump.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,888
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Won't it go off by then?

Nuts / pretzels / bars etc. need lots of variety as you get taste fatigue and need to keep mixing it up - need circa 400 calories and 80+ grams of carbs an hour