friday in an intangible spacetime froth

'ning

another delightfully mild start

ride cafes smidge of wfh bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,889
    Walk hounds, work snizzle, probably rest my legs and visit the pub for the first time this week 😳
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,164
    'Ning from me and my little friend.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    thistle_ said:

'Ning from me and my little friend.

A tick?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,164

A tick?

Now extracted and exterminated.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,889
    Serves you right for living in wales 😂
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,466
    Morning Sauvages

Rain and lots of it.
    Back to project rental it is then. If I said there was light at the end of the tunnel, would it tempt fate?
    What did you do to the critter to get rid Webboo - hot poker, blow torch, iron, acid or just a pair of pliers?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,367
    Morning folks,
    Another glorious day here, trying to find good reasons not to take wife and daughter to the outlet village, getting back in good time for a meal out with friends is the best I’ve come up with so far.
    Piña, pay attention, meet thistle and his former little friend. He used to hang around more often. Webboo doesn’t live in Wales.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,754
    Good warm ride in - bit early for me but it blew away the cobwebs. Caffeine and pasty based refuelling now in progress :)

Pinno - we use one of those 'tick twister' tools to get them off the hounds (a sort of small two pronged plastic fork with the prongs at angle). Not had to try it on myself so far, I don't seem to be tasty enough for them to have a go.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    I lost. Me trying to reason with two women that had shopping in mind was only going to end one way.
  • pinno

Morning folks,
    Another glorious day here, trying to find good reasons not to take wife and daughter to the outlet village, getting back in good time for a meal out with friends is the best I’ve come up with so far.
    Piña, pay attention, meet thistle and his former little friend. He used to hang around more often. Webboo doesn’t live in Wales.

T'was TLW who said Webboo lives in Wales.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Good warm ride in - bit early for me but it blew away the cobwebs. Caffeine and pasty based refuelling now in progress :)

Pinno - we use one of those 'tick twister' tools to get them off the hounds (a sort of small two pronged plastic fork with the prongs at angle). Not had to try it on myself so far, I don't seem to be tasty enough for them to have a go.

In Kenya, they used this fire stick thingy. I think they called it a cigarette.
    De-ticking on dogs was a weekly thing.
  • Stevo_666

I lost. Me trying to reason with two women that had shopping in mind was only going to end one way.

Could have saved yourself some typing V - FTFY :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    edited June 2023

Morning folks,

Or currently don’t have any ticks, although in the past I’ve had them in worrying places.
    Anyhow morning.
    Currently waiting a call back from my health insurance in regard to tooth removal. 20 minutes on hold before I went call back. Now about an hour.
    Not sure how to start the day as no dogs to walk. Seems very quiet and even the cats are looking puzzled.
    Just had a call back and claim sorted. So I can now get on with doing nothing.
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

Morning folks,

Thistle posted a picture of a tick, TLW replied to that. Webboo hasn't posted yet.
    Put your spectacles on old man 🤓
    Unless you're referring to a post from another day in which case I apologise unreservedly as my memory isn't what it was
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    No I don’t live in Wales. I have been there many times but never got a tick unless one in a climbing guide book counts.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Definitely thistle with a tick.

My dog picks them up in Exmoor. She gets the spot treatment, like for fleas, so some of them just fall off dead, but we've had to dig a few out with the tool.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,050
    Curry and beer is still repeating. Newly opened restaurant did well and will get a repeat visit no doubt.
    Then there was wine...
    Just booked a wine tasting and lunch day out whilst we're in Italy (yes I'm going on holiday)
    Might try and be good tonight.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 617
    We had a very fluffy border collie who used to collect ticks regularly in the long grass when it was warm and wet (lot of deer round here) Frontline may have had some effect on them but I was forever removing them looking quite full and still waving their legs. Became quite adept at twisting the buggers out quickly using just fingers.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,453

Curry and beer is still repeating. Newly opened restaurant did well and will get a repeat visit no doubt.
    Then there was wine...
    Just booked a wine tasting and lunch day out whilst we're in Italy (yes I'm going on holiday)

Skiing?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,453
    Happy Friday everyone! 🍷 🍹 🍸

Gorgeous day, not too blazing, a little breeze, perfect.

The nights are drawing in, soon be winter.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    Holidays and wine are a fine idea HD.
  • Stevo_666

pinno said:

Morning folks,

Thistle posted a picture of a tick, TLW replied to that. Webboo hasn't posted yet.
    Unless you're referring to a post from another day in which case I apologise unreservedly as my memory isn't what it was
    Maybe Pinno thinks the oldies in BB need to stick together? :)
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,050
    seanoconn said:

Then there was wine...

Skiing?
    No, 1) It's summer and 2) my ACL hasn't grown back after the last time.
    Off to our house on Lake Como.

They certainly are! As we're driving over I might sneak a few bottles in the back of the truck. It should be good for a few hundred or so :D
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,571
    Wet, wet, wet today. Good thing we finished the outdoorsy jobs yesterday. Slept in, stayed indoors, lit the fire .

I did manage a turbo ride this arvo in the shed, then dinner out with friends at pub.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68

seanoconn said:

Then there was wine...

Skiing?

They certainly are! As we're driving over I might sneak a few bottles in the back of the truck. It should be good for a few hundred or so :D
    We're 5 up in the car on the way back so might be tight on space, should manage a few though. We pass near Lake Como on the way back. Turn off the motorway at Bergamo and cross country towards Chiasso rather than face Milan traffic.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,741

seanoconn said:

Then there was wine...

Skiing?

Aye now, remember that Brexshit bonus of allowances - 18l pp wine, 42l pp beers. Inbound to the dUK anyways. Have a good one.
  • veronese68
    edited June 2023
    So am I allowed 90litres of wine and 210litres of beer? That might be a bit of a squeeze after 5 people and luggage. Should I pick my favourite child or just ditch the lad’s girlfriend. The latter is probably the safest option.
    Of course dropping a person reduces the allowance to 72 and 168 litres if my arithmetic is correct.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,741
    Woah. The ChurnUps (mystery band) at Glasto are indeed the FooFighters. Live now! Bring on a long weekend.
  • pinno

pinno said:

Morning folks,

Looking back over the post, I think it must have been the shell-shock of Thistle posting.
    ...or the gloss fumes.

Fcuking painting and decorating.
    What did I say earlier? Silly me.
    Might be finished on Monday. (He says).
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Woah. The ChurnUps (mystery band) at Glasto are indeed the FooFighters. Live now! Bring on a long weekend.

What?!