wednesday renormalizing infinite pineapple

'ning

storms gone away, hope for a sunny solstice

ride cafes busy wfh bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,746
    On the train, WFW in the morning, free tax seminar thing at lawyers in the City and a beer or two with a mate after work. Could be worse.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,463
    Morning artichokes

Sun sun sun...
    Work work work (on rental) meh.
    Must buy selection of Danish to keep me going.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,049
    The longest day... That's what my mother said as I popped out 46 years ago.
    Bubbly for breakfast and in work now. Hopeful of some cake based activity later.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Splendid solstitial sojourn in the sunshine to set me up for a day in the home office.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,448

Bubbly for breakfast and in work now. Hopeful of some cake based activity later.

Happy birthday HD! 🎉🥳🥳🥳

I really should be frolicking naked around Stonehenge wearing a garland of flowers on my head instead of work meh. Oh well.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,049
    thanks @seanoconn but can't you just frolic around work naked with a garland of flowers anyway?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,888
    HB HD

Chilled start with a decent hound walk, work snizzle has been ok so far.

Youngest has finished school today and eldest is off on his first holiday on his own later 😬

Running with a pal later - but nice and easy
  • Stevo_666

Many happy returns, Old Boy :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

He’s almost young enough to be your son 😜
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,367
    Afternoon folks,
    Busier morning than expected as the poxy car wouldn’t start last night, battery was dead as a dodo. Unfortunately this coincided with daughter feeling faint and supposed to be meeting up with friends. This resulted in too much traipsing up and down the hill for me, but eventually a good nigwas had. Daughter now feeling a bit better, it would help if she ate and drank properly.
    Car jumped, need to keep an eye on things as I’m not sure what caused it. Now making coffee before the serious lounging starts. Out for another meal with friends from back home tonight as they are stopping off on their way south.
    Many happy returns HD, you must be one of the youngest of us.
  • beansnikpoh
    Many happy returns HD, missed your hint, though it was pretty obvious. Have a slice of cake...🍰, and some booze, take your pick 🍾🍷🍸🍹🍺
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

He’s almost young enough to be your son 😜
    Maybe if I was a Scouser :smile:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,740
    There are kidz on here other than Ricky C? Wow, thought you needed a bus pass. HB HD.

Shower dodging before more outdoor fettling of stuff various. Gave the flue used by the woodburner every evening over the winter its annual purge clean. Very little carbon soot build up, pretty clean burning going on there.

Trivially annoying thing of the day so far: found the roll of masking tape that was sure lurked somewhere, go to apply, no adhesion, don't know how old it would be but its days are over. Another Wilko wander to follow.
  • beansnikpoh
    orraloon said:

Shower dodging before more outdoor fettling of stuff various.

Is this Scottish hygiene? Or would that be "soap-dodging". ;)
  • pinno

orraloon said:

Saves money.
  • pinno

Many happy returns HD, missed your hint, though it was pretty obvious. Have a slice of cake...🍰, and some booze, take your pick 🍾🍷🍸🍹🍺

I thought it was a general comment or something cryptic.
    The effect of decorating for what seems to be an eon has taken it's toll on cognitive ability.

Many happy returns HD.

I'll have to sing:

HBDTY
    STAS
    BABITG
    HBDTY
  • orraloon

orraloon said:

Soap? Wossat? Some Ingerlish weirdo thang?

Roofer team making good progress. I think the front, more complicated structure with the cross gable etc, will get finished tomorrow which would be work day #9. Game on.

Now here's a thing. Early pm post the few drops of rain I'm watching red kites in the field over the back, down really low, doing the calls and the dip dives. They were really close, lovely to watch. Then mid pm the silage cut crew appear, big machines doing their thing. With lots of kites following, looking for their options. Did the silage crew whatsapp the kites so those early doors ones were ahead of the game?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,595
    happy candles hd, bubbly too
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    Happy birthday H. Out with the Gerries 105 sweaty miles, lunch stop was very nice cafe by the river but 20 quid for a fancy sandwich with fries and a pot of tea is pushing it a bit. Ride was a bit longer time wise as Bill managed to hit the pothole/ crater we had pointed out for a double puncture.
    As we have daughter and family staying we seem to be running out of the alcohol based recovery drinks.
  • pinno
    That's quite an effort Webboo.
  • webboo
    What spending 20 quid at a cafe stop🤣
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,888
    pinno said:

That's quite an effort Webboo.

Running out of ale - bad webboo
  • seanoconn
    webboo said:

Evening
    Happy birthday H. Out with the Gerries 105 sweaty miles, lunch stop was very nice cafe by the river but 20 quid for a fancy sandwich with fries and a pot of tea is pushing it a bit. Ride was a bit longer time wise as Bill managed to hit the pothole/ crater we had pointed out for a double puncture.
    As we have daughter and family staying we seem to be running out of the alcohol based recovery drinks.

Out with the Germans? I haven’t done a hundred miler this year. Just two or three rides that weren’t a commute 😞
  • webboo
    seanoconn said:

webboo said:

Evening

Out with the Germans? I haven’t done a hundred miler this year. Just two or three rides that weren’t a commute 😞
    Geriatrics.
  • Stevo_666
    Good result yesterday after half the day spent at a free seminar, followed by free drinks at seminar, then beers and food with a mate in the City. Caving today.

Fencing finished, so into the next little project.
  • orraloon
    A pic emerges of Dodger666 attending his 'seminar'

• pinno
    webboo said:

seanoconn said:

webboo said:

Evening

Geriatrics.
    Geriatric Seano?! He's a juvenile delinquent.
  • webboo
    pinno said:

webboo said:

seanoconn said:

webboo said:

Evening

Geriatrics.
    You probably need to read his post again.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

seanoconn said:

webboo said:

Evening

Geriatrics.
    I probably need a snooze.
  • webboo
    pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

seanoconn said:

webboo said:

Evening

Geriatrics.
    I probably need a snooze.
    Apparently a nanna nap is very good for your health.