sunday morgenmuffels

'ning

cloudymild sundry sogginess

ride cafes laze and bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,889
    Unsure what today will bring, was hoping the hounds would be walked for me, but alas no.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,466
    tlw1 said:

Unsure what today will bring, was hoping the hounds would be walked for me, but alas no.

How's the beer tapering going?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Morning Gobbledygooks

Early up to do a few chores and study the clouds/weather forecast...
    Meh.
    Pedal later.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,600
    roads mostly dry and hazy sunshine warmed things up, very quiet out, perhaps everyone is hiding from the coming storm

i see a beef and horseradish crusty roll in my future
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,889
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

How's the beer tapering going?
    Could do with it, 4 heavy days
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,756
    Good sleep after yesterday's ride. Junior now en route to Leeds for a 2 week vet placement, so time to clear up some of the garden after the re-fencing exercise this week.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Good sleep after yesterday's ride. Junior now en route to Leeds for a 2 week vet placement, so time to clear up some of the garden after the re-fencing exercise this week.

If she goes to Ilkley moor, she'll have to wear a hat.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    edited June 2023
    Startled a wild horse and its foal. Serendipitously, the horse then startled the cattle that were across the bridleway.

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Ilkley moor is in Bradford.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,742
    Ride rided, quite warm and the humidity ratcheted up. Nice out though, roads quiet again, one 13km section of this B road, no vehicle passed me. A few drops of rain 10 minutes after I got home, timing is all, but forecasting heavy rain overnight. Good for v thirsty garden plants, a test for the wip roof, 1/2 is tileless though boarded, lined and battened. I'll dig out a couple of buckets just in case.
  • webboo
    Afternoon
    Short bike ride done. Dogs walked and only 2 more to do as we are now in count down for when they go back to their real parents. No rain here yet but it’s starting to look threatening.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Pedant.
    [10 miles between them]
    Anyhoo, vets get sent anywhere shirley.
  • Stevo_666
    edited June 2023
    pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Pedant.
    [10 miles between them]
    She'll be working at a vet practice somehwere between Bradford and Leeds, so no need for trips to Ilkley Moor unless she wants to go there (although I told her to go see a few bits of Yorkshire if she gets the chance).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Pedant.
    [10 miles between them]
    She'll be working at a vet practice somehwere between Bradford and Leeds, so no need for trips to Ilkley Moor unless she wants to go there (although I told her to go see a few bits of Yorkshire if she gets the chance).
    She might unwittingly bump into Webboo.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Pedant.
    [10 miles between them]
    I wouldn't want her to get the wrong idea about Yorkshire folk :)
  • webboo
    edited June 2023
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

webboo said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Pedant.
    [10 miles between them]
    I wouldn't want her to get the wrong idea about Yorkshire folk :)
    That might be hard with you as her dad.🤣
  • pinno
    Firkin impossible.
  • pinno
    You have to forgive him as he is from Redcar. Though they aren't proper Yorkshire folks.