'ning

may be the last sunny day before the clouds and possibly rain

ride, cafes, just one wfh call early then bask and laze and bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727
    Moaning,

Bright and sunny, cooler than over in the west. As Eddie Waring you’d to say ”It’s a full coat colder on the East Coast”

Had a few beers last night so that’s good. Chippy day today so that’s a plus. Let’s hope the good weather continues
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    Morning Jellied Eels

Last water before monsoon.
    Back to project rental for my sins.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Today is trip to the dentist which these days is double pain. Then I need to revisit the guttering I replaced as I seem to have put the bends on the down pipes on upside down. Hopefully I can get out for ride after that.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning folks, just leaving Folkestone on the Eurotunnel. Have a good day everyone.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    WFH again today - sorted out fencing problem with neighbour and fencing blokes are now pressing on with the rest of it. Just finished a very boring Teams meeting so time for a coffee break.

Onwards to the weekend.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

Morning folks, just leaving Folkestone on the Eurotunnel. Have a good day everyone.

Bon voyage! Are you breaking up the journey, or powering all the way through?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088

Bon voyage! Are you breaking up the journey, or powering all the way through?
    You won't get a reply until he's out of the tunnel.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Have a great holiday v68.

Decent session yesterday, drinking for 11 hours in the sun is most enjoyable. No running as I’m racing tomorrow so might just have a chilled bike ride and a few pints with the current wife

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    Morning geezers, a rare WFH day for me as Mrs HD got back from holiday about 5am.
    An early knock off as well, might take her out for lunch as its the last of the sunny days as SG says, we're due a clouding on Sunday afternoon.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Made it through the tunnel and got through northern France fairly smoothly, now at the Swiss border near Basel for the night. Tomorrow will involve despatching Switzerland as fast as we dare with a stop at the top of the Gotthard because it's so much nicer than the tunnel. Then through Italy and should arrive at the holiday gaff about 5pm.
    Got an electronic tag for the toll booths that works in France and Italy, drive straight through at about 20 with no faffing, it's great. The continental motorway equivalent of overtaking people at the pit stop.
    Have a great weekend everyone
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    Summer is well and truly here as South East Water have announced a hosepipe ban before the end of June....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    800m of climbing in 12 or 13 km after work, plus some squeaky bum descending. I must remember that however quiet the toll road is, you can still meet a car coming up.

Whale and chips for dinner in the pub garden, now home watching the last of that netflix tdf series.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,196
    ^ Whale and chips? You 'avin' a laff? There's hardly any chips there.
  • beansnikpoh
    orraloon said:

^ Whale and chips? You 'avin' a laff? There's hardly any chips there.

Thank fook. That container is a foot wide. The fish was impeccable. Firm and flaky. Crisp light batter. The chips were a bit overdone.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Drank too much considering I’m racing tomorrow, but it was a giggle