more sunnywarm

early ride, cafe, wfh laze and recovery bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,707
    Moaning,

Bright and warm again

WAFH again today, if all goes to plan should be heading home around mid-afternoon

A beer or two by the beach planned for tonight which will involve a short ride, happy days

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,888
    Slow start after decent ale.

Early finish as out for next doors 80th, a few of us are going in a minibus and we are all taking champagne - it’s a 20 minute journey 😂
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,463
    Chores/watering/school run/shopping/helping welder bloke with the Porker...

Fooked.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,049
    WFW as usual, maybe an early bail and go for a ride, maybe...
    Bubbles will be of the chilled Corona type which are sat in the fridge.
    Cafe stop? Probably not not but the local might be on the cards for one on the way home if I can be bothered.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Small ride again. Very much enjoyed. Otherwise sitting here working in the heat.

Driving down there later for the weekend. Working tomorrow though.
  • homers_double
    Where's there?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

Where's there?

We-es' cuntry innit.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Hot and windy here. Not a riding day so not another grind in to wind like yesterday. Sweaty session on the board, a bit of shopping, bathroom cleaned and a couple of bike races watched.
    Who knows what the rest of the has in store
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,747
    Was going to post this morning but got too busy catching up with stuff after this week's little jolly to Bavaria. Dropped Mrs. 666 car off at the garage to get a few bits n pieces sorted, collecting tomorrow.

Later on need to have a word with one of the neighbours who's being a bit of an arris about the new fencing we're having put in. He should be bloody grateful we're improving things.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Was going to post this morning but got too busy catching up with stuff after this week's little jolly to Bavaria. Dropped Mrs. 666 car off at the garage to get a few bits n pieces sorted, collecting tomorrow.

Later on need to have a word with one of the neighbours who's being a bit of an arris about the new fencing we're having put in. He should be bloody grateful we're improving things.

One for the local comoonity association.
  • Stevo_666
    edited June 2023
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

One for the local comoonity association.
    He's was just being a tw@tt because he liked the high holly hedge (ours) which was getting totally overgown but which didn't stop the dogs getting out as there was no proper fence behind it - just a few old concrete posts with a strand of wire about 2 feet off the ground. There was one last crappy holly tree which grows out the ground on our side of the boundary but which leans over onto his side so blocks the route the fence needs to take along the boundary and he was having a fit at Mrs. 666 this morning about us taking it down even though it looks shyte now all rest of the hedge is down - funnily enough he was a lot more polite when I spoke to him just now.

Anyhow, made clear it was our tree and it had to come out otherwise the fencers couldn't finish the job and we'd have a massive gap that nobody wants. He didn't agree but seems like he realised he couldn't do anything about it. To$$er.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,367
    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice getting everything sorted before my holiday, did I mention I'm going on holiday?
    Car is loaded ready for the off at the crack of SG o'clock.
    To say neighbours can be arrises over these things is an understatement. The old dear had the opposite problem, neighbour wanted a tree in her garden at the old place removed so his foundations wouldn't have to be as deep. Kept hassling her, so I had to have words.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,740
    Working day 4 of the roofers episode. Do I have a NetzFlux contract beckoning? There's the roof, will the tiles make it on? Watch the series...

The guys are going good. All front elevation now lined and battened, ready for tiling but fascias, soffits, edge boards et al to be done first before the newbies see the light. They're bringing in a manitou type bit of kit tomorrow to shift pallets of tiles up The Slope from the street and then see if can lift to scaffold height - doubt it - else they'll be passing them up by hand, tile by tile.

Boring techie talk eh? Ok, first courgettes of season harvested from the raised bed, nom nom.

Enjoy your holibags various, I'll be on The Project.
  • beansnikpoh

Where's there?

Like Pinno says. North West Somerset, nearly Devon really. Exmoor coast. We bought a house down there late last year. Lots of hiking, and biking both on and off road. 3 pubs in the village, another a mile or so down the road.

Traffic wise, Thursday evening seems to be the time to come down for a weekend. Work from here on Friday, early bail and a spot of hill climbing, pub dinner, then a road ride on the moor on Saturday. I'm here on my own this weekend, as Mrs B³ and mini are off to see Harry Styles on Saturday.
  • beansnikpoh
    orraloon said:

Working day 4 of the roofers episode. Do I have a NetzFlux contract beckoning? There's the roof, will the tiles make it on? Watch the series...

The guys are going good. All front elevation now lined and battened, ready for tiling but fascias, soffits, edge boards et al to be done first before the newbies see the light. They're bringing in a manitou type bit of kit tomorrow to shift pallets of tiles up The Slope from the street and then see if can lift to scaffold height - doubt it - else they'll be passing them up by hand, tile by tile.

Boring techie talk eh? Ok, first courgettes of season harvested from the raised bed, nom nom.

Enjoy your holibags various, I'll be on The Project.

Do you get courgette flowers? I've always fancied trying fried stuffed courgette flowers.
  • pinno

Where's there?

Like Pinno says. North West Somerset, nearly Devon really. Exmoor coast. We bought a house down there late last year. Lots of hiking, and biking both on and off road. 3 pubs in the village, another a mile or so down the road.

Traffic wise, Thursday evening seems to be the time to come down for a weekend. Work from here on Friday, early bail and a spot of hill climbing, pub dinner, then a road ride on the moor on Saturday. I'm here on my own this weekend, as Mrs B³ and mini are off to see Harry Styles on Saturday.
    Sounds like bliss.

Luckily, I live not far from the moors - just over the hills that are over there.
    Last time out (2 weeks ago), 3 cuckoo's and loads of skylarks, buzzards, 1 Kestrel, 9 cattle grids*, loads of free range sheep**, 2 cars 1 van and 1 pick up truck in 46 miles.

*Flat out or dead slow.
    **Lamb always wants to link up with mum so watch out for them crossing.
  • Stevo_666

off at the crack of SG

Fnarr fnarr.

Enjoy the hols V.
  • beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

Where's there?

Sounds like bliss.

Luckily, I live not far from the moors - just over the hills that are over there.
    Last time out (2 weeks ago), 3 cuckoo's and loads of skylarks, buzzards, 1 Kestrel, 9 cattle grids*, loads of free range sheep**, 2 cars 1 van and 1 pick up truck in 46 miles.

*Flat out or dead slow.
    **Lamb always wants to link up with mum so watch out for them crossing.
    I always get hill ponies.

• homers_double

Where's there?

Sounds idyllic!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

Where's there?

Do you reckon you'll end up retiring there B³ ?
  • homers_double
    These are the type of people making housing unaffordable for locals :D
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

Where's there?

That's a fair way off.

I reckon we'll always have a place in London, even if we downsize to a flat or a smaller house on retirement.

I think I read on Wikipedia that this village has the highest proportion of OAPs in the UK, so currently we're bringing down the average age.
  • beansnikpoh

These are the type of people making housing unaffordable for locals :D

Yep. Though it's a 2 way street, the people who sold to us were the ones who set the asking price.

Our immediate neighbours all seem fine with it, in that no one has set fire to the place yet.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Where's there?

That's a fair way off.

I reckon we'll always have a place in London, even if we downsize to a flat or a smaller house on retirement.

I think I read on Wikipedia that this village has the highest proportion of OAPs in the UK, so currently we're bringing down the average age.
    Long term plans and all that...

Once I'm done working, London will just be a tourist destination for me or a place to meet friends 'in the middle'.

I think our village would be in with a shout for highest average age, if the attendees at annual parish meeting last month was anything to go by. I reckon I was the only one in full time employment :smile: