What rim-brake cf frame

Thinking of buying a rim brake carbon fibre frame - second hand - as my aluminium frame has some issues (long story). Would be nice if it had fittings for direct mount brakes (as I already have some) but not a deal breaker. I might do the odd race on it, but mostly will be for training, with a fair few mountains thrown in. Don't want to spend a fortune either.

Interested to hear people's recommendations. Are there any particular good ones (strong, light, nice handling etc) that I might be able to pick up for up to, say, £150? I've seen some examples of Planet X procarbons, Boardmans etc. Thoughts on those and what else might fit the bill?

TIA

Comments

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    If you see a Neil Pryde Bura SL I really like mine and they might be cheap due to the company not lasting. They were quite expensive in their day (though usually discounted), very light, stiff, I really like the handling, and pretty standard race geometry.

Don't take direct mount brakes
    though.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    I have a Scott CR1SL I might do you for that. One of the Westbrook's ones. 56cm any good?
  • mr.b-campag
    mr.b-campag Posts: 411
    Thanks me-109, too big for me. Any thoughts on those frames in general?
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 668
    CR1-SL? Biased since I have one too, but very light and a lovely ride.
    Downsides? Bit bland to look at. Mechanical only. No direct mount brakes. Max 25mm tyres; clearance especially tight between chainstays - I run a 23 at the back for peace of mind
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,694
    Supersix evo. Rented one in gran canaria once. Fantastic bike, as I recall.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Munsford0 said:

CR1-SL? Biased since I have one too, but very light and a lovely ride.
    Downsides? Bit bland to look at. Mechanical only. No direct mount brakes. Max 25mm tyres; clearance especially tight between chainstays - I run a 23 at the back for peace of mind

Was light in its day and still not too bad, light compared to disc equivalents. I run 25s front and rear, but back only has a couple of mil either side, so flats and spoke breakages have given me a bit of a rub. Handling is nicely balanced, neither slow not twitchy, so is capable descending tool. Led to believe it's short for its size, but I think it's more that it has a tall head tube and length is where it should be.