sunday among the dervishes

'ning

warm, some cloud though

easy ride, bask/laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,104
    Ride rather than run for once, doing the Shropshire highland challenge, should be a giggle and potentially get rid of some of last nights ale
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Today will be a lot of sitting about as I’m marshalling at the Yorkshire Mountain bike marathon. I hope it’s warmer than last year.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,149
    oxoman said:

Good luck Mr T

Its only a little event.

http://www.shropshirehighlandchallenge.co.uk

Looks like fun though.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Morning grenouilles

Humid. Phew. Rain over night but no thunder and lightening.
    Beans and I had a short jolly.
    Le Mans and CdD, bit of lounging around, few chores. Less watering :smiley:

Laters
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,202
    edited June 2023
    after several days with no sense of smell, last night the first hint of recovery came with a reflex sniff of the bubbly and actually getting a hint of the bouquet, this morning i could also smell the coffee

lovely riding weather, 20 first thing, now 25, lazy day beckons
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,735
    Morning folks,
    Slowish start was enjoyed, followed by a bit of pottering. About to head up the M40 to collect all the lad's junk from Brum. Next trip up will be for his graduation next month.
    Glad you're on the mend SG. Enjoy the summer everyone
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,839
    Another sweaty day ahead, not much planned apart from a sopt of prep for tomorrow's business jolly to Munich. Looking forward to it just a pity it isn't October

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727
    Stevo_666 said:

Another sweaty day ahead, not much planned apart from a sopt of prep for tomorrow's business jolly to Munich. Looking forward to it just a pity it isn't October

Strange thing is it starts in September, the 16th this year ;)
  • pinno
    "Oktoberfest (German pronunciation: [ɔkˈtoːbɐˌfɛst]; Bavarian: Wiesn, Oktobafest) is the world's largest Volksfest, featuring a beer festival and a travelling carnival. It is held annually in Munich, Bavaria, running from mid- or late-September to around the first Sunday in October..."

• Stevo_666
    Still 3 months too late for me...I'm off there tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited June 2023
    And we received a cryptic email on Friday evening to pack our driving licenses unless we want to miss out on the fun on Tuesday after the meetings are over. Am guessing this might be some BMW driving experience, could be good :)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,227
    More likely to be additional ID checks for us post-BrexshitBrits.

First group ride for ~ 5 years and first with local CTC taking in the Solway Riviera. Cracking scenery Gromit and not too hot. Different modus to my norm, inc 3 cafe stops. Very enjoyable.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Lunch in a leafy bit of Clapham. 👍

Raining a bit now back at home, but still hot. Not enough rain to mean I can skip watering the garden though.

• pinno
    Too hot for a fur coat

• Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

More likely to be additional ID checks for us post-BrexshitBrits.

Nah, same email went to everyone else around Europe who's coming along. We'll go and help them out of their recession :smile:
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,202
    pinno said:

Too hot for a fur coat

a local tabbycat was seeking out cool patches

friend in australia has a bengal, i got her a cooling mat, it spends much of summer on it

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Too hot for a fur coat

Yup, hounds have spend a lot of the day on the tiles in the kitchen which is North-ish and Easti-sh facing.
  • pinno
    But he is a plonker.
    I laid out his faded green, partly torn, blanket that came with him under a tree.
    I then picked him off the conservatory floor (a cool 34 deg c) all soporific and limp and laid him on top of the green blanket.
    He appreciated immediately the comfort and coolness and after 20 mins kip, sprung to life, nibbled some food and... went back to lying on the floor of the conservatory.
    Then after 10 mins decided that was too warm. Then he went upstairs but that was too warm as well. Then he found the shade of the garage and laid down on the dusty, filthy drive.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

oxoman said:

Good luck Mr T

Its only a little event.

http://www.shropshirehighlandchallenge.co.uk

Looks like fun though.
    Was fun
  • tlw1
    Pub pal passed away yesterday, ferkin 32 years old and walking back from after a meal away in south Shropshire and just collapsed 😢
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Pub pal passed away yesterday, ferkin 32 years old and walking back from after a meal away in south Shropshire and just collapsed 😢

:'( That's tragic, especially at such a young age.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,227
    tlw1 said:

Ah, not good, and 32. Sad. Just shows one has to do what you want to do when you can. Live your life.
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

What caused it?
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

What caused it?
    Unsure, heart attack maybe, was out with his fiancé and an a&e nurse so best opportunity to survive
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,735
    That's awful, sorry to hear it.