'ning

forecast sunny, plague persisting

cafe stroll, bask, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727
    Moaning,

Back on the cold east coast for the night, last night. WAFH again today. Dull and cool.
    Weekend is forecast to get 5 – 10 deg warmer here, I hope it’s correct
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    Off to a cousins funeral today, so off to darkest Surrey in a bit. Not much else to report.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    Morning Harlequins

Beautiful sunny skies but project rental looms.
    Finally some action in CdD.
    I've been to that there Surrey lots. Some parts of it are darker than others and Croydon has split personality. Bought the cream W123 Merc in Croydon.
    Rain and thunderstorms over the weekend. Wahey! Should top up the reservoir and will save me watering.
    Tomorrow morning is looking ace so pedal early then thunder and lightening later. Fantastic.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Sun started as I was walking the hounds, very pleasant.

Work snizzle, lots of shoot stuff already, so will feel like a long day.

Later is a quick run then to some friends for a bbq.

Stevo - hope it goes as well as can be expected
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    edited June 2023
    WFW, early finish and then off to wet a line at the local lake.

edit - just bought a bag of chocolate orange flavored :p pellets

Ride tomorrow followed by beers in the pub or, if I get back in time to the village as there is a food and drink festival on.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice, wobbled in on the pub hack to facilitate going to the pub afterwards. Not as chilly as it has been coming in, looks nice and sunny out there now. Should try not to have too many as I've got a lot to do tomorrow, but there are some people I haven't seen for a long time coming so it could get messy.
    I've been to Surrey a few times. The slackers have finally moved their council HQ into Surrey again after 50 years of not being in Surrey. Problem is what's going to happen to the rather nice old building they were in? Still looking like I won't have to go to Croydon for at least another month, hopefully longer.
    tlw1 said:

Stevo - hope it goes as well as can be expected

+ Potato

• pinno

WFW, early finish and then off to wet a line at the local lake.

edit - just bought a bag of chocolate orange flavored :p pellets

Ride tomorrow followed by beers in the pub or, if I get back in time to the village as there is a food and drink festival on.

My Geordie and Borough mates used to make up these exotic curry balls.

Coarse fishing. Not my thing
  • tlw1
    So, giving the hounds a quick walk in the woods listening to music and suddenly the hounds bolt past me, I turn as a Shetland pony on its own flat out runs past me. 😳

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,196
    Feeling hot, hot, hot. A day of outside working, mostly in full sun = cold beers to power n are well OK.

Roofers started work, seem good team of rel youngsters. And first findings on the structural integrity are good, bit of external fascia rot but internals sound 👍
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Feeling hot, hot, hot. A day of outside working, mostly in full sun = cold beers to power n are well OK.

Roofers started work, seem good team of rel youngsters. And first findings on the structural integrity are good, bit of external fascia rot but internals sound 👍

Result.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    orraloon said:

Good time to fix the roof, so they say.
  • pinno

orraloon said:

Good time to fix the roof, so they say.
    Iffy on Sunday.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    Slow day as it’s my birthday. Dogs walked twice session on the board and now Mrs W is making fondue for tea. We were going to go out for a meal but it seems no one wants our custom.
    Did get some new pedals from daughter dearest though.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    orraloon said:

Tell the roofers to turn the radio down and mind their language 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

So, giving the hounds a quick walk in the woods listening to music and suddenly the hounds bolt past me, I turn as a Shetland pony on its own flat out runs past me. 😳

Outrun by a Shetland pony, time to hang up the running shoes 👍
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    Thanks for the wishes folks, was a tougher day for my surviving cousin than for me but she managed to do the eulogy without cracking up which I'm not sure I would have managed. At least good to catch up with some of the more distant family members who I haven't seen in yonks.

Now back home and supping cider watching the sun go down.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,196
    Aye I've had a couple of those meet the distant cousins who not seen in decades events this past year. The trigger event is not good but I have found the interactions with people who I know but don't really know actually quite boosting. As one offs! Like I'm going to go visit them or that. 😉
  • beansnikpoh
    webboo said:

Evening
    Slow day as it’s my birthday. Dogs walked twice session on the board and now Mrs W is making fondue for tea. We were going to go out for a meal but it seems no one wants our custom.

Happy birthday Webboo!
  • beansnikpoh
    Pinot is unrecognisable without his sunglasses. Cool goats.
  • webboo
    We have some goats in the field across the green. I will have ask them if they know Pinot next I pass.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

...session on the board...

I am of low wit and intelligence. Wtf is 'the board'?

Oh and happy birthday btw.

• veronese68
    Happy birthday Webboo.
    Glad it went well Stevo, completely understand. Going to meet up with all the Italian family on the way home in a few weeks, will be one of the last times that isn't a similar event I suspect.
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

That’s in three weeks time
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

?!
  • webboo
    edited June 2023
    pinno said:

webboo said:

...session on the board...

I am of low wit and intelligence. Wtf is 'the board'?

Oh and happy birthday btw.

The board
    Obviously I move the stuff in front of it when I climb on it. You start sat down so you get about 5 moves. It’s 40 degrees overhanging and called a cellar board as the first people who came up with idea built them in their cellars usually in Sheffield.
  • pinno
    I see. :open_mouth:
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

?!
    Trying my first 100 miler 😳
  • veronese68
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

?!
    😱
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

?!
    'Trying'. Just for a giggle?
  • seanoconn
    webboo said:

Evening

Sorry I missed this. Happy birthday Webbo!! 🎉🥳🥳🥳

Ooh, a board. Never climbed myself but interested in the physical aspect. Watch Wide boyz and Magnus Midtibo occasionally and have a couple of pull up bars at home, not as fun as a board I’m sure.