my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    Hounds, work, run - normal day really
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,853
    Morning pockmarks

Nah, this is no good. I'm getting bored of all this sun sun sun. I want some wind and driving rain and cold :smiley:
    Yesterday I set about strimming. Then the strimmer misbehaved. Fixed it. Then I set about mowing. Then the mower misbehaved. So I fixed it too.
    Started strimming at 10am, finished mowing at a quarter to 6.
    Fooked. Need to recover from the weekend.

Sprinkler on order. That will herald a change in weather.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,962
    edited June 2023
    Junior arrived back from Liverpool yesterday with a mountain of dirty laundry and junk (half of it transported in my car as there was no way it was all going in her little Polo) so have left her and Mrs. 666 to sort it all out. As a bonus my car still has its wheels.

Elder hound turns 8 today, how time flies.

Repaid a slug of the mortgage today which was quite satisfying. Otherwise its WFH as usual.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,165
    What was supposed to be a quiet weekend turned out to be quite the opposite and I'm paying for it now.
    We did have an early night on Sunday though which meant I managed a ride before work this morning, if drink driving on a road bike was an offense then I've been a bad boy.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,165
    I wasn't drunk, but probably over the limit.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • I once went on a date with someone who decided to cycle home (across East London no less) after she had drunk 3 pints. She refused to listen to my gentle plea that she should find alternate transport. I watched in horror as she veered side to side down Old Street! Fortunately she got home safely, needless to say I do not end up marrying her.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,853

I once went on a date with someone who decided to cycle home (across East London no less) after she had drunk 3 pints. She refused to listen to my gentle plea that she should find alternate transport. I watched in horror as she veered side to side down Old Street! Fortunately she got home safely, needless to say I do not end up marrying her.

Why not? She sounds like she was fun.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,615
    Wood splitting. Over it now, but there's still a lot more to do.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,962

I once went on a date with someone who decided to cycle home (across East London no less) after she had drunk 3 pints. She refused to listen to my gentle plea that she should find alternate transport. I watched in horror as she veered side to side down Old Street! Fortunately she got home safely, needless to say I do not end up marrying her.

Only 3 pints? Bl00dy lightweight.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Why not? She sounds like she was fun.

There comes a point where you have left the land of fun and now (unexpectedly) find yourself in the land of chaos!
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,723
    Art-noon,

Cloudy n cool, where is spring/summer?

If it wasn’t for the effort of pushing the (cold) wind aside I reckon I’d be cold. It’s hard enough on a trail bike 🤪 anyway found an oasis with excellent ale to recover in 🍺😊

Had many a discussion on the drink/cycling thing. As far as the law is concerned it’s judged in the same way as walking with a cycle, ridding it that is, … in charge of. No breathalyser involved because no defined limit (walk the line).
    I’ve heard of folk having their motor driving licence endorsed/removed but don’t know anybody that’s been prosecuted.
    More beer 🤣
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Wfh all this week. First day in New office next Tuesday. Must get out on bike.

Took tank fir service. A rear light cluster had broken. No idea how, as its 5ft up in the air, so it's not a reversing error, as the boot and bumper would get hit first. So, on top of the year 2 service of £620, is £550 for some shaped plastic. Fcuking cars.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,575
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of WFH, should have been busy at any rate. Spent rather too long trying to find a new clasp for my watch as the original one has broken. Couldn't find the model type on the back for ages even with a magnifying glass, seems I've virtually polished it off having been wearing it for 27 years almost every day. Worked it out eventually by holding it at an angle to the light and using a bigger magnifying glass. Of course I can't find the right clasp so will have to buy a new strap that won't be right. I'll keep an eye out for a non working model on the Bayofshite. Then I found the original box with the model number written on the warranty card.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    edited June 2023
    Evening
    Slow start today as a result of using red wine as a recovery drink. Eventually managed a bike ride, still cold and windy out there.
    Many years ago a cycling club I was a member used to have a Christmas run which involved several pubs and meals. I can still remember following a mate (well his back light )down hill after 6 pints of Guinness. These things become memorable if you manage to survive.
    It was said round here that if you got caught over the limit on a bike, it was the same as being over the limit on horse. The sentence for that at one time was transportation to Australia.