Does this power pedal exist??

Hi,
Im looking for a 'good' road power pedal, something comparable to a SPD-SL, but it would be really really hand to be able to swap it over on to the MTB as well, meaning it must be suitable for use in the mud, not clog up to the point you struggle to clip in, be pretty 'hardy' and able to withstand the water and weather.
Does this pedal exist?

*Im currently using a dual-sided stages crank, im pretty fed up with swapping it between my road bikes & figured a set of pedals would be easier, with the added bonus of using on the MTB.

TIA.

Comments

• N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,834
    edited June 2023
    Sorry, misread OP.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • I think the main 3 options for road pedal power meter's are:

Favero Assioma
    Garmin rally
    Wahoo powerlink

Never used any myself but a fair few form members have the Favero and rate them highly.

They are all road pedals as you stipulate so no idea how they would stand up to mountain biking.

If you were prepared to use an spd mtb style pedal on the road bike then garmin rally comes in this version.

• This is really interesting and a good option.
    Bit more work than I was looking to do on a daily basis, but maybe I can get over that.

I’ll think on that.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    X pedo is an unfortunate name.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,873

This is really interesting and a good option.
    Bit more work than I was looking to do on a daily basis, but maybe I can get over that.

I’ll think on that.
    It is literally one minute to swap pedals over between bikes.
  • This is really interesting and a good option.

I’ll think on that.
    It is literally one minute to swap pedals over between bikes.
    Not if im wanting to swap pedal bodies from road to MTB as per the video above. Did you watch it?
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    Garmin Rally pedals support swapping of the pedal style. You can buy a new pedal bit (SPD/SPD-SL/etc) and swap onto the axle you already have.