sunday in the bulk or encoded on the boundary

'ning

who will rid me of this turbulent nor'easter, at least forecast says there'll be sun

ride cafes bask bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,603
    Lovely sunny day up in Merseyside. That said, the plan is to load up juniors stuff and GTFO as soon as possible. Bit of brekky first, sadly the B&B doesn't do a cooked one :/
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    Morning Kleptomaniacs

Sumer is icumen in, Lhude sing cuccu.
    I heard 3 of them yesterday (no less) on the moors over the hills that are over there.

Stunning morning again. Will have to water copiously and hope there won't be a hosepipe ban.
    The use of Factor 50 makes me look like Michael Storer's cousin.

Have a good one.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    a bit nippy early on, still the nor'easter, but sunny ride at last

cafe and pre-bask potter
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727
    Moaning,

Had brekkie’s today (don’t normally bother), and lots of tea.

Watered already, lazy day for me.
    Had a good ride yesterday with some mates, took in a beer festival with was nice. One of the mates has tubeless tyres and one of his previous repairs blew out. His ‘worms’ are a sticky affair and every now and then you could hear tic, tic, tic (gripping the tarmac we think) and the worm popped out. Had to re-worm it half a dozen times on the way home. On the plus side it took our minds off the NE headwind we were pedalling into.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, now the equally traditional pottering followed by a visit to the old dear's.
    Good day yesterday, went to Brighton, met up with an old school friend, picked up daughter's junk and went to see one of my cousins. Now catching up with stuff.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    Had a surprise invitation to go visit friends at their beach-side shack last night. Collected a bag full of delicious comestibles on the way, plus a selection of fine beverages to go with it and headed off.

Ate the lot, drank the lot and then some more raided from their stash. Slow start today as a result - ok, VERY slow - but why hurry when the BBQ is on with a load of chippolatas, bacon, eggs, mushrooms and more sizzling away? Sit out on the deck in crisp winter sunshine with a view over the bay...

Couple of decent coffees to finish and a drive home.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,196
    WS, did you see a faded sign at the side of the road that says 15 miles to the love shack?

Ride rided, lovely out, and GMAIG to do it before it gets too hot. The legs are slowly coming back into some form, triple climb today. Ok, it's not the Dolomites round these parts but also I'm not a youngster pro.

Relax in the shade with occasional venture to the fridge, rest of day planned.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Bike ridden felt tough being 15 degrees with a strong NE wind again. Managed to battle my way round 70 miles, not feeling too clever now. However Mrs W had food ready when I got in and it smells like curry for this evenings meal.
    Just need some cycling to watch now.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Woke up still slightly happy, ran up and down a big hill then shite with the MIL and the day saved by friends who knew the MIL crap so invited us around for diner and drinks.

Thank god for friends over family
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    orraloon said:

WS, did you see a faded sign at the side of the road that says 15 miles to the love shack?

Ride rided, lovely out, and GMAIG to do it before it gets too hot. The legs are slowly coming back into some form, triple climb today. Ok, it's not the Dolomites round these parts but also I'm not a youngster pro.

Relax in the shade with occasional venture to the fridge, rest of day planned.

No signs…

Shack is perhaps a little misleading. Small cottage, with en-suite bathroom for guests, wifi, cable tv, well heated, and an espresso machine. Quite civilised.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS